2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a thought - should we be targeting Bailey Scott in next year's trade period? Out of contract in 2024, he's coming into his prime as a 23 year old turning 24 in July and will approximately have 100 AFL games under his belt once the trade period rolls around. He had a breakout year in 2023 averaging 22 disposals on the wing/halfback line in a team that won just three games for the whole season. I think we can all agree that we need more speedy depth in our wing/halfback positions. I know some will say he turned his back on us years ago but that's not how recruiters view these things.

So, is it time to bring the boy from Broadbeach home?

Just a thought - should we be targeting Bailey Scott in next year's trade period? Out of contract in 2024, he's coming into his prime as a 23 year old turning 24 in July and will approximately have 100 AFL games under his belt once the trade period rolls around. He had a breakout year in 2023 averaging 22 disposals on the wing/halfback line in a team that won just three games for the whole season. I think we can all agree that we need more speedy depth in our wing/halfback positions. I know some will say he turned his back on us years ago but that's not how recruiters view these things.

So, is it time to bring the boy from Broadbeach home?
I think that only happens if his management reach out

Gold Coast’s Offseason Additions: What to expect from their first year
A generation of players has finally arrived that grew up with the Suns as their footy club and who played at local teams from a young age. Palm Beach Currumbin has produced three first round picks and Broadbeach has another one to add to the likes of Weller and Riewoldt. I may not be anywhere near Gold Coast and my connection to the area is solely through the footy club but it just does mean more to have players produced a stone’s throw from the base of the club run out for you. The dream would be to get at least a couple of 300-game players out of this crop, but before that lets just appreciate the good news these boys got and enjoy the journey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love to get Errol, but he would be Sydney's #1 priority to resign.

But Sydney is going to have some players fall through the cracks, and James Rowbottom will likely be one.
Gulden will be close to the best player in the comp soon. Can't see Sydney letting him go. Rowbottom is a spud IMO.

Holmes would be perfect for the Sun's.

Agree goulden almost zero chance of leaving. Holmes would fit nicely on a wing. Push into finals and we might just look attractive to one of these young guns.

Dodge many bullets with this one

View attachment 1887994
Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back