List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He's 30 years old next year and one man. You can have more then one clearance midfielder in your squad, especially if one is at the tail end of his career and one is setting out.

Yup and that draftee is Tom Wheaton (190cm, 85kg) big bodied mid who can play as a resting forward kicking goals perfect Rookie pick.

Wearing number 23 in the vid

Yup and that draftee is Tom Wheaton (190cm, 85kg) big bodied mid who can play as a resting forward kicking goals perfect Rookie pick.

Wearing number 23 in the vid

His name should be a character in a Harry Potter novel ;)

Justin Westhoff 2.0 tonight/tomorrow

SA times

Monday, November 20
AFL National Draft - Round 1 Marvel Stadium 6:30pm

Tuesday, November 21
  • Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period – Selections Only (5.15pm - 6.00pm)
  • AFL National Draft - Round 2 until completion (6:30pm)
  • Rookie Promotion to Primary List (post completion of National Draft)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) (post completion of National Draft)
Wednesday, November 22
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (2:30pm)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (2:50pm)

Updated draft nominations list.

Former/Current Port players
Sam Davidson - Wanderers (NTFL)
Joel Garner - St Marys (NTFL)
Harper Montgomery - Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Taj Schofield - Subiaco (WAFL)
Cody Szust - Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Boyd Woodcock - Southport (VFL)

Added in updated list:
Riley Bonner - Delisted Port Adelaide
Jed Hagan - Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Jake Pasini - Swan Districts (WAFL)
Brynn Teakle - Delisted Port Adelaide
Nathan Barkla - WWT Eagles (SANFL)
Wylie Buzza - Southport (VFL)
Will Francou - Port Adelaide (SANFL)
Sam Hayes - Delisted Port Adelaide
Will Snelling - Delisted Essendon
Chad Wingard - Delisted Hawthorn

Late tomorrow.

You know something is wrong with the draft when you will get to your 4th round pick faster than a team with a late first round pick the night before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESPN phantom draft picks for Port (they have Charleson going to Brisbane at 48 and Delean missing out)

49. Port Adelaide - Jack Callinan

Tasmanian Devils/Allies FWD, 179cm, 81kg

ESPN draft rank: 50+

The fifth Tasmanian to enter draft calculations is Callinan, whose small forward nous is up there with the best. He kicks goals with smart positioning, great crumbing and accuracy from anywhere in the forward 50.

If not Callinan? Lachie Charleson has been heavily linked, while South Australians Will Patton and Kane McAuliffe should be considered.

57. Port Adelaide - Harvey Johnston

Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro MID/FWD, 183cm, 79kg

ESPN draft rank: 47

A midfielder-forward with a lovely sidestep, Johnstone has had a consistent top-age campaign culminating in the Talent League premiership. He always has time on his side thanks to brilliant evasiveness, and he makes good decisions with ball in hand.

If not Johnston? Lachie Charleson is a good chance if still available, and a host of SA prospects including Jack Delean will be around the mark.

ESPN's final, full Phantom Draft for 2023

I would think we would pounce if he was there at our first pick.
I hope he is and we do. I would have thought he was gone well before then. The Crows wont take him at 20 so we can rule them out taking him I reckon.

Delean not getting picked up is possible if there's only 50 odd selections.

It would be interesting choosing between Callinan and Delean?

Delean not getting picked up is possible if there's only 50 odd selections.

It would be interesting choosing between Callinan and Delean?

On my viewing of 2 minute highlights clips ... I like the look of Callinan, but also Delean and would feel safer going with the South Adelaide option.

It's funny with Callinan because he spent some time growing up in SA, but as a crowie and Tasmanian could be a flight risk.

Macca19 described Delean as a classic South Aussie slider. 7 news ran a segment on him last night, so I'm surprised to see him slide in the ESPN draft.

Delean has been through our club in all his junior shared training experiences so we'd know as much about him as anyone. A kid that kicks goals and is a natural small forward would be a no brainer if he slips to us. One of my mates is his cousin and talks about his love for his time with us a lot.

Last edited:
Any idea of when Moir will get picked up? I thought he would be a high pick but slid due to injury. Some pundits had him falling to 40

Any idea of when Moir will get picked up? I thought he would be a high pick but slid due to injury. Some pundits had him falling to 40

Cal Twomey has him going at 29 to Carlton, his info is as good as anyone's.

Delean has been through our club in all his junior shared training experiences so we'd know as much about him as anyone. A kid that kids goals and is a natural small forward would be a no brainer if he slips to us. One of my mates is his cousin and talks about his love for his time with us a lot.

Hopefully he says that to all the recruiting scouts ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back