List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that every club that needed Ruck depth passed on Naismith says alot really, the competition hes going up against every week is pretty average and he never really looked AFL standard in his years at the Swans, good decision to back in the hand you already have there for mine.

Must admit I raised eyebrows when you picked Narkle though, dont think hed be in your top 8 picked midfielders and he really isnt remotely AFL standard playing any other position.
Given you know both players, how would he compare to Frank Evans up forward in a goal sneak role?

We placed a 193cm forward on the LTI list then picked a 182 cm midfielder to replace him. I guess you take what is available at pick 11.

Narkle is a 26 year old with just 41 games under the belt so I would think SANFL depth player. We have Dumont, McEntee, Evans, Teakle and now Narkle on the list, our list is beginning to have the air of a dogs rescue home about it. We sit second on the ladder and are looking at 9 consecutive wins so something has to be working for us.

So we give Quinton the chance to show what he can do with the Port Magpies. The good thing about this Draft is Glenelg and Woodville West Torrens lost a player each while the Port Magpies gained one.

Narkle is a 26 year old with just 41 games under the belt so I would think SANFL depth player. We have Dumont, McEntee, Evans, Teakle and now Narkle on the list, our list is beginning to have the air of a dogs rescue home about it. We sit second on the ladder and are looking at 9 consecutive wins so something has to be working for us.
At the end of the year, I was going to do a List Management review and I personally feel we have a bit of fat to cut away and what you have said is true, that we have some average players who must be great blokes clogging the list where we could have a young player with a lot of potential.

Some of the guys you mentioned along with say Mead to me is a little frustrating when we have some good young players who need games into them.

Narkle does have more to offer though.

Last edited:

I’m thinking the selection of Quinton was partly tactical. He’s one of Esava Ratugolea’s best mates and I suspect you guys still have the intent to get him on your list for next year. Sad for us🙁.
ahh, that might explain why we drafted narkle. not sure where he would play for us, wing/mid maybe. would rather we looked at a genuine speedy small forward. but getting ratugolea to me is a priority. we need a big kpd, ready to play.

With the apparent dearth of any ready to go tall defender I'm happy to give Narkle a chance even if he spends most of his time at Alberton with the Maggies.

Re the Maggies and the clubs obvious lack of tall defenders, you would hope that with Hayes and Visentini to share the ruck work Teakle can be played in defence for the rest of the sanfl season to at least see if he is worth keeping on the list, because it's highly unlikely he will make it at AFL level as a ruckman.

I'm so glad we didn't pick Sam Naismith or Ethan Phillips...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back