Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #11 (2023) - Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if his dignature is as invisible as he appeared to be to the selectors? He should get a job at ASIO.

It seems as if the Port Football Department is divided on Narkle. Someone liked him him enough to recruit him mid season then re sign him at season's end but on the other hand someone does not want to play him in the Power side.
Uhm? He doesnt like greyhound racing or Coke Zero?

GAI-4ztbUAAcMLf

Who knows? There has to be some reason they ignore Narkle.

I've always thought Ken sets his mind clear at the beginning of the year as to what he wants and how he sees it, he keeps to that as he's a simpleton and rarely diverts too much.

Kan & Donna would of had the coaches BBQ by now and it will all be set in stone.....

It seems beyond logical at this point that he should be playing the forward role instead of Jed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him a go in McEntee's role and see how he goes. Can't be worse

That depends on your definition of McEntee's role.

Can he run all game, apply pressure and tackle like he does? I don't think so. Given that defensive work is his main knock.

Can he kick more goals than McEntee? Probably marginally higher

IMO, Narkle is competing with DBJ / SPP / Rioli for a spot. Possibly even Mead or Burgoyne

Narkle is competing with DBJ/SPP/Rioli. McEntee is competing with an inanimate carbon rod. McEntee has narrowly won out so far but the case for the rod is growing stronger by the week.

I'm sensing an All Timer Jed performance at the G this weekend

It's going to be monstrous. Lock him in for 12 touches, 3 tackles inside 50 and 1 goal

At this point I'm totally confused as to why we drafted Narkle, there seems to be no intent to ever select him again.

For the feelgood social media opps and to keep SPP on the straight and narrow.

That depends on your definition of McEntee's role.

Can he run all game, apply pressure and tackle like he does? I don't think so. Given that defensive work is his main knock.

Can he kick more goals than McEntee? Probably marginally higher

IMO, Narkle is competing with DBJ / SPP / Rioli for a spot. Possibly even Mead or Burgoyne
Does McEntee tackle? Mostly I see big lumbering blokes dodging him with ease.

Does McEntee tackle? Mostly I see big lumbering blokes dodging him with ease.

He's laid 13 this year, which sits him at 157th in the league for total tackles.

Average per game:
1. Drew - 6.2
2. Butters - 4.4
3. Bergman - 4.0
4. SPP - 4.0
5. McEntee - 3.3

Totally irreplaceable m8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back