Brownlow 2023 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt that SPP deserved more votes tonight, at times this year it looked like he was trying to lift the side on his own .
At least the bloke has a go and keeps trying.
If you go back and look at the stats, he also had a real big number of absolute nothing games.

Ollie has 3 gun developing mids to play with.

bont hasn’t got that much around him
Ollie also played about 4 good games all year, on the back of 8-10 good games in 2022. I know he’s trained and played through injury, but he needs to seriously pull his finger out for the rest of his career.

We’ve had a host of players who haven’t performed well in finals, but his finals record since 2014 is as bad as, if not worse than the coach’s.

Ollie has 3 gun developing mids to play with.

bont hasn’t got that much around him

Butters polls 27, Rozee polls 21 and Horne-Francis polls 16. How many do people expect Wines to poll in that context? They've turned him into a spare parts midfielder so that's the output you're going to get. If you want Wines to poll 20+ votes in the Brownlow then put him into the midfield and send one of those guys to the forward line where they'll poll a handful of votes. There's only so many midfield minutes, possessions and Brownlow votes to go around in one team.

Butters polls 27, Rozee polls 21 and Horne-Francis polls 16. How many do people expect Wines to poll in that context? They've turned him into a spare parts midfielder so that's the output you're going to get. If you want Wines to poll 20+ votes in the Brownlow then put him into the midfield and send one of those guys to the forward line where they'll poll a handful of votes. There's only so many midfield minutes, possessions and Brownlow votes to go around in one team.
It’s not the Brownlow votes he isn’t getting, it’s the way he’s played these past two seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just enjoy the Brownlow for what it is. It's not some definitive statement on the best player in the game. It's a quirky medal with a fabled history that gets awarded in an often dramatic manner. Sure, there are players that theoretically 'deserved' to win but by the same token I can't remember a player winning a Brownlow who didn't have an outstanding season worthy of the award.

Just enjoy the Brownlow for what it is. It's not some definitive statement on the best player in the game. It's a quirky medal with a fabled history that gets awarded in an often dramatic manner. Sure, there are players that theoretically 'deserved' to win but by the same token I can't remember a player winning a Brownlow who didn't have an outstanding season worthy of the award.
Exactly. This isn’t the Margarey Medal. Port supporters can’t expect our players to win it every second year.

The umps love our 3 young mids. This is the votes of top 3 at each club and if not a true mid I'll list their names.

Ade 20/16/16 Walker got 16
Bri 31/12/10 Daniher got 12
Car 22/17/7 Curnow got 17
Col 28/12/8 De Goey got 8 he became a true mid halfway thru season
Ess 17/15/10 Martin got 10
Fre 24/10/6x3 players Schulz, Ryan and Jackson
Gee 13/12/7 Cameron 13 and Hawkins 7
GC 22/12/8 Lukosius got 8
GWs 20/16/10 Toby got 20
Haw 18/12/11 Sicily got 12
Mel 26/24/7 Gawn got 7
NM 13/7/5 Larkey got 7
PA 27/21/16
Ric 19/14/8
StK 21/18/15 Sinclair got 21 he plays mainly as a medium defender
Syd 27/16/10
WC 11/6/3 x 2 Sheed got 6
WB 29/17/11 English got 11

Last edited:
Lachie Neale lol

If you still pay attention to the Brownlow in the Year of our Lord 2023, you get what you deserve.

JimmyBC - I couldn't find what Ray said on SEN last year about brownlow voting and not getting access to stats, but this is what he said in March 2020 in a long Q&A article in the Sunday Herald Sun with Hamish McLachlan. Things had not change over the next 2 years.

HM: Brownlow votes. Everyone says you look at stats, and you collaborate. How does it actually work?

RC:
We definitely collaborate, but we are given no formal statistical data whatsoever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back