Fixture 2023 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much. I've been to the Gabba 4 times inc the last game Matty Egan ever played in 2007 - that could have been the same game Boris lost his shorts - and I was in disbelief how little they seemed to know about the rules.
It was the same game. I was there as well. And their knowledge of the game up here has not markedly improved over all the intervening years.

It was the same game. I was there as well. And their knowledge of the game up here has not markedly improved over all the intervening years.
The stadium was full of Geelong supporters that night.

I was also there for the torrential downpour the night Hawkins kicked 6.

I had the flu for a week after that.

I was actually on tv ... Front row behind the goals the end Selwood snapped truly.

Just trying to tick off the Gabba before it’s renovated

Then I have to start again with Adelaide and Perth...

Just trying to tick off the Gabba before it’s renovated

Then I have to start again with Adelaide and Perth...
I’m off to the gabba this year for the first time, was going to get a good and drinks package but this game time has thrown a curve ball.
Absolutely perfect if you ask me, can head out for lunch and drinks and then go to the game then head out for dinner
I’ll be just getting a general admin ticket
Might upgrade to something on the wing but I’ll see the cost first, also don’t want to upgrade without knowing the weather.
GA gives you flexibility

I’m off to the gabba this year for the first time, was going to get a good and drinks package but this game time has thrown a curve ball.
Absolutely perfect if you ask me, can head out for lunch and drinks and then go to the game then head out for dinner
I’ll be just getting a general admin ticket
Might upgrade to something on the wing but I’ll see the cost first, also don’t want to upgrade without knowing the weather.
GA gives you flexibility
Yeah 4.35pm is perfect!

As yet, no confirmation of TV broadcast info

View attachment 1767475

Too many night games this year. My family will be downsizing our commitment to the club next year as with young kids you just don’t get value out of it. Not entirely the club’s fault, I know, but they should be vocal in advocating to the AFL.

Too many night games this year. My family will be downsizing our commitment to the club next year as with young kids you just don’t get value out of it. Not entirely the club’s fault, I know, but they should be vocal in advocating to the AFL.

I'm not in that situation and working casually this year I don't mind the KP night games as it means I can work during the day and go to the football at night, but I know that doesn't work for everyone

I honestly believe the club is somewhat stuck between a rock and hard place when it comes to KP home games, and while Saturday afternoon games better suit those with families, they also clash with local football matches & makes it near impossible for those members to attend

Maybe a few more Sunday afternoon matches at KP could be a solution

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not in that situation and working casually this year I don't mind the KP night games as it means I can work during the day and go to the football at night, but I know that doesn't work for everyone

I honestly believe the club is somewhat stuck between a rock and hard place when it comes to KP home games, and while Saturday afternoon games better suit those with families, they also clash with local football matches & makes it near impossible for those members to attend

Maybe a few more Sunday afternoon matches at KP could be a solution
Happy with any afternoon or even twilight.

Certainly is a no win situation IMO. Hard to please everyone.

Fri Night home games in Geelong aren't popular for Melbourne members, and vice versa for MCG matches.
No one wants Sunday timeslots, that's the s**t club rebuilding timeslots.
Sat Night doesn't appeal to people in your position.
Sat Afternoon sees lower crowds due to the prominent local footy scene Geelong and surrounding areas has.

Just no MCG on Fri Night for me. Anything else is workable.

I disagree. The Sunday 1.10 and 3.20 slots are quite good (1.10 is better for attending, 3.20 better for being on national TV)

It's just the 4.10/4.40 game which sucks, but they should always play that game in WA (2.10/2.40 local) or SA (3.40/4.10) anyway and make the most of the timezones.

Certainly is a no win situation IMO. Hard to please everyone.

Fri Night home games in Geelong aren't popular for Melbourne members, and vice versa for MCG matches.
Sat Night doesn't appeal to people in your position.
Sat Afternoon sees lower crowds due to the prominent local footy scene Geelong and surrounding areas has.

Just no MCG on Fri Night for me. Anything else is workable.
I would just like to see some recognition by club and the AFL that we have the largest split in geography of supporters that attend games so they should try to make it as easy as possible for both groups to attend. So limited night games, especially on Thursday and Friday. There are five other slots that are east to get to for all supporters.

I would just like to see some recognition by club and the AFL that we have the largest split in geography of supporters that attend games so they should try to make it as easy as possible for both groups to attend. So limited night games, especially on Thursday and Friday. There are five other slots that are east to get to for all supporters.

I know we’ve got lights at KP now and they want to make use of them, but at times it feels like they almost forget that football can also be played during the day

Here here. It's f'n bullsh*t. My young kids will be devastated as they were hoping the Freo game wasn't their last for the season.

Also, not to sound selfish having young kids, we have a lot of older people who sit near us, come as far as Bendigo and beyond each home game.

I loved when we got our lights, and it's great to have the variety, but the AFL has taken the pi$$ this year, and our club has to do more to lobby against this. Had we finished Stage 5, it would be the same fixture result, so that can't be used as an excuse.

Here here. It's f'n bullsh*t. My young kids will be devastated as they were hoping the Freo game wasn't their last for the season.

Also, not to sound selfish having young kids, we have a lot of older people who sit near us, come as far as Bendigo and beyond each home game.

I loved when we got our lights, and it's great to have the variety, but the AFL has taken the pi$$ this year, and our club has to do more to lobby against this. Had we finished Stage 5, it would be the same fixture result, so that can't be used as an excuse.
The only day game on FTA is the Sunday 3.20pm one. The other three are night games. The club has many tradeoffs it needs to make when requesting things in the fixture

*As many games in Geelong as possible, no games at Marvel at all
*Big clubs at MCG games to maximise lost revenue, and to give Melbourne members value for money
*Big clubs and competitive games down at KP to give Geelong members value for money
*Day games so that members from country areas can attend (both Geelong and Melbourne games)
*Night games so that sponsors will spend more (both Geelong and Melbourne games)

I'm sure there are other considerations I've left out.

The reality is we'll get a similar fixture every year that aims to maximise all those considerations (two MCG games, one day one night, one or two big clubs come down the highway and half our Geelong games are in prime time night fixtures).

I know we're a regional based club, but we have a lot of supporters and Ch7 also wants to get a return on their investment which means us playing Thursday/Friday nights more so than clubs like North or the interstate clubs (us playing means more eyes and more money). We might not be Big4, but we're the next tier down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back