Fixture 2023 AFL Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Some nerds sat around a table and had a wet dream over it, so they showed some more nerds who also had a wet dream over it and so now for one round all teams play in one state and it will be really super exciting like.

It's blatantly copying the NRL but I'm sure it was driven by foxtel. An extra 9 games to broadcast and they get to keep their cameras and crew in the same place for a week. AFL just go along for the ride as they get the SA government to foot the bill. Everyone's a winner.

It's blatantly copying the NRL but I'm sure it was driven by foxtel. An extra 9 games to broadcast and they get to keep their cameras and crew in the same place for a week. AFL just go along for the ride as they get the SA government to foot the bill. Everyone's a winner.
Fox and 7 both use NEP for cameras and back of house production so all 9 games every week are effectively produced by the same company (means camermen and directors dont have to fly over to perth for a 7 game)

Just saw a post on reddit...

nl0ryv64xe5a1.jpg

Fitzroy have played more games in Geelong since 1990 than the Pies have...

And for anyone wondering, the split for Brisbane is Brisbane Lions (18) and Brisbane Bears (6).

Just saw a post on reddit...

nl0ryv64xe5a1.jpg

Fitzroy have played more games in Geelong since 1990 than the Pies have...

And for anyone wondering, the split for Brisbane is Brisbane Lions (18) and Brisbane Bears (6).
I would really really love one year in which we play all of Ess,Carlton,Coll,Hawks and Richmond at KP in the one year.

It will never happen but i for one would ******* love it along with all the melting.

They weren't close this year and beat us

It's a tiny quibble I guess, but that's now two of our Flags (2007 and 2022) where we dropped our only game against the Hawks, I think possibly both in Round 4 as well. Hoping next year we can smash them, it rankled me that it was talk of 'Mouthguards at training', and they come out firing, indeed the Hawks had 17 possessions and 3 goals before Geelong even touched the footy. They played like men on a mission and ran over the top of us in the last quarter.

Then by complete contrast, they replace the mouthguards with lube when they play finals contender Richmond late in the season..they put their best defender as a midfielder and play some 2nd-game chump against Lynch, who promptly kicks 8 in three quarters. Maybe they were trolling Geelong by basically laying down to allow the Tigers to get into the 8. So i want revenge in 2023 :)

I think last season, the Cats ended up getting an easier ride as we played Norf & the Eagles twice.
If you take out our biggest win against North and Eagles each (ie only count our smallest win against each), we still finish on top of the ladder. Biggest myth floating around. I've posted the calcs here on bigfooty before.

It's blatantly copying the NRL but I'm sure it was driven by foxtel.
Wouldn't want to credit those egg chasers with an original idea. The NRL did a blatant copy of the English Super League.

Wouldn't want to credit those egg chasers with an original idea. The NRL did a blatant copy of the English Super League.

Wherever the idea originated. Nerds... The average footy punter would've been just as happy with an extra normal round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you take out our biggest win against North and Eagles each (ie only count our smallest win against each), we still finish on top of the ladder. Biggest myth floating around. I've posted the calcs here on bigfooty before.
That's interesting, but the fact that we did have four games against the bottom two teams doesn't just go away because you want it to. Admittedly, no one expected the Eagles to have the year they did. My point was in saying that after what ended up a good draw for us last year, I would expect the AFL to make it much harder this year.

It is very subjective. I must have seen half a dozen different assessments of the level of difficulty for clubs for the 2023 fixtures.

It is very subjective. I must have seen half a dozen different assessments of the level of difficulty for clubs for the 2023 fixtures.
There's a lot of ink spilled in pursuit of the 'correct' answer to this question. And yet what our own coach has said on the matter holds more currency than any of these prognostications.

'It's not so much who you play...it's when you play them.'

Are they flying? Are they flailing? Is their list running on top of the ground? Is their list running into the ground? Are they contending, complacent or carefree?

All of which means that the actual difficulty of any team's draw is actually only ever well observed in hindsight. And every effort to settle on its level of difficulty twelve months in advance is nothing more than a fairly broad approximation, at best.

There's a lot of ink spilled in pursuit of the 'correct' answer to this question. And yet what our own coach has said on the matter holds more currency than any of these prognostications.

'It's not so much who you play...it's when you play them.'

Are they flying? Are they flailing? Is their list running on top of the ground? Is their list running into the ground? Are they contending, complacent or carefree?

All of which means that the actual difficulty of any team's draw is actually only ever well observed in hindsight. And every effort to settle on its level of difficulty twelve months in advance is nothing more than a fairly broad approximation, at best.
Every chance teams were not at all worried by the prospect of playing us twice in 2007.

That's interesting, but the fact that we did have four games against the bottom two teams doesn't just go away because you want it to. Admittedly, no one expected the Eagles to have the year they did. My point was in saying that after what ended up a good draw for us last year, I would expect the AFL to make it much harder this year.
Again, if you remove 2 games agianst the bottom two teams, we still won more games than any other team. Playing doubles against them wasn't the difference between us winning the flag or not.

Again, if you remove 2 games agianst the bottom two teams, we still won more games than any other team. Playing doubles against them wasn't the difference between us winning the flag or not.
I see what you are trying to do but it doesn't work like that you take two games out of our draw you need to add two in and the whole season fixture changes for every club the final series also changes we get different opponents as every one does and the flag may not have finished at Cat Park at all.No lets not change history to come to that conclusion.

And again, while an interesting fact, we still played four games against bottom teams. That's not going to change. Now, can we jump off this merrygoround?

Especially me. Who is coming for a beer in Adelaide?

Yeah this was announced last week.
Carlton Collingwood will be Friday night round 20. But no more prime time for Carlton aside from that in last 9 rounds.

Reports tonight that the remainder of the fixture will be released next week

Be nice to know when our game time is for Sydney of one wants to go up there.... during school holidays so thought it might be a good get away.

Has anyone made the trip?... whats the best way to book an interstate trip... just item by item or ... purchase a package from someone?

Be nice to know when our game time is for Sydney of one wants to go up there.... during school holidays so thought it might be a good get away.

Has anyone made the trip?... whats the best way to book an interstate trip... just item by item or ... purchase a package from someone?
I went to Sydney last years aswell as Tasmania.
There is a big sale on jetstar at the moment so if you can try and guess when we will play it’s easier to get cheap flights.

Best to book flights as early as possible,
I booked Brisbane for round 19 I think it is
Cost $250 return

Accommodation wasn’t cheap though is Brisbane but Sydney and Tasmania is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back