No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFLW Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

North on target atm to leap frog the Suns. Currently thrashing the Dogs and their higher % will take them into 3rd spot on the ladder.
Port & GWS will have no impact but
Cats vs Hawks sure as heck will if the Cats win & their % already sits at a whopping 130%
Crows vs Eagles no impact as both are either too high or too low on the table.

I wish I could enthused by the AFLW.

I really do.

But I just can’t. At least not yet.

Try harder DQ! We need you! Plus, the AFLW is freaking awesome now that we have our own team (and the standards keep improving).

Try watching the last quarter of Collingwood-Richmond. Super exciting! Last two goals were senasational. Exciting brawl with nothing too out of line. Great win for the Tigers.

Incidentally, on that game, the two players that caught my eye were:

1. Monique Conti - what a STAR!!! I've heard the name but I don't watch a lot of oppo games so hadn't really seen her play.

2. Charlotte Blair who I think was a debutante for the Pies. Great pace - bit of an excitement machine.

Last edited:
Ticket details for the Elimination Final:

GOLD COAST SUNS v SYDNEY SWANS
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11th
7:15PM AEDT / 6:15PM AEST
HERITAGE BANK STADIUM

Adult and Concession tickets: $10

Kids under 18 go free! Just redeem a $0 ticket via Ticketek.
You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction.

The thing I enjoy about AFLW is that it is so full of passion and authenticity and a little less professional and polished. It comes through in the way you can get around the players at the end of the game. It comes through in the way the coach's pressers are far more illuminating and revealing. Ditto the players when they're interviewed. It comes through in the players tears and the way they sing the song. And we seem to be getting more coverage of the players and their personalities on Swans media than for the men. I just feel closer to the action - both literally at the game, and between matches via the media and the interviews etc etc. It's easier to embrace the team the closer you feel.

The thing I enjoy about AFLW is that it is so full of passion and authenticity and a little less professional and polished. It comes through in the way you can get around the players at the end of the game. It comes through in the way the coach's pressers are far more illuminating and revealing. Ditto the players when they're interviewed. It comes through in the players tears and the way they sing the song. And we seem to be getting more coverage of the players and their personalities on Swans media than for the men. I just feel closer to the action - both literally at the game, and between matches via the media and the interviews etc etc. It's easier to embrace the team the closer you feel.
It's old style. The girls themselves are just lovely. So authentic. They do the club proud.

Geez, we were blessed with game times. GWS copped 11am and 5pm times for Canberra games. Shocking times for trying to grow the game.

Reward for being the best supported team in the comp.

I agree, but give it time. Like seemingly all things in life, the bigger it will get, the more raw emotion will get sucked out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great story on our girls having the biggest average home crowds in the AFLL 600 more than anyone

Even our away numbers stack up esp in Melbourne. Footscray’s best home crowd was against us.

Excellent, hard-fought win by the Lions over the Crows. I think the Crows are still good enough to come back and win the flag - but they'll have their work cut out for them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back