Discussion 2023 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with a one off triple captains score would me with cash leagues. What if you copped people using it against you multiple times etc.

Has an impact on integrity of leagues.
I guess that would be bad luck. Many would save it until finals, but you don't think it would add to the gameplay element of SC?

Have to live in Australia to win any money. They do send socks over the deetch though. Choppers did they get to Banchang?
Oh, I didn't know that! Not that it matters for me anyway I do live in Australia and am no chance of getting any money
Sad Arrested Development GIF

I like that too, like EPL Fantasy, a few one time use perks.

They currently have:
-Triple captain
-Bench boost (full squad scores count)
-Free hit (change your entire team for one round only, then it reverts)
-Wildcard (unlimited trades; twice per season)

Only 2 that would work is triple captain and bench boost. Free hit and Wildcard would completely change the game.
The bench boost would be interesting. In theory round one when you can guarantee 29 or 30 playing would be the go, but you have more rookies then. One round late in the season last year I was full premo and had 28 playing I think. Might have beaten my round one score by 1000 points with a bench boost.

These things are a bit gimmicky, but can add to the game. I guess in the EPL Fantasy they have 6-7 million playing so need to split things up more.

Last edited:

as long as we’re stealing FPL ideas why not a wildcard and free hit. It’d increase the strategy and keep people engaged for longer.
It doesn’t solve the sub issue but I don’t think it needs solving. if it happens you wear it, just like all the other random events that happen throughout a season.

Edit: I should have read properly…already been suggested and discarded by stevebbb.
I’m the exact opposite, I don’t like the idea of bench boost or triple captain, it’s too gimmicky, but think the free hit and wildcard could be made to work.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as long as we’re stealing FPL ideas why not a wildcard and free hit. It’d increase the strategy and keep people engaged for longer.
It doesn’t solve the sub issue but I don’t think it needs solving. if it happens you wear it, just like all the other random events that happen throughout a season.

Edit: I should have read properly…already been suggested and discarded by stevebbb.
I’m the exact opposite, I don’t like the idea of bench boost or triple captain, it’s too gimmicky, but think the free hit and wildcard could be made to work.
We already have issues with teams ending up being the same, if there's a wildcard, it'll be even worse.

Personally I don't want any extra perks/chips. I also don't want extra trades. Trade boost is enough.

I think they just need to implement something to help ease the pain of substitutes and pure bad luck. Things that hurt player moral, especially for those who don't have the time to follow Twitter and forums to find late mail on subs, late outs, player position, etc.

How they do that, I don't know exactly, but I worry they'll just add a few more trades again and we'll keep losing players.

We already have issues with teams ending up being the same, if there's a wildcard, it'll be even worse.
Reduce starting salary cap to $8M. Have been calling for it for years. No-one will reach full premo. Will bring another 50+ of those next level down players in to play. Really need to nail those cheaper players, so more skill. Teams won’t end up being the same. All these 3537362972 podcasts and websites can say what they want but people still have so many choices instead of basically being told what to trade each week.

Reduce starting salary cap to $8M. Have been calling for it for years. No-one will reach full premo. Will bring another 50+ of those next level down players in to play. Really need to nail those cheaper players, so more skill. Teams won’t end up being the same. All these 3537362972 podcasts and websites can say what they want but people still have so many choices instead of basically being told what to trade each week.
Wouldn't that push casual players and kids away. They want Dusty Martin, Nick Daicos and Jezza, not Chesser, Baker, Bruhn and Flanders. Once they fail and they're stuck with 10 dead mid pricers, they'll give up.

9 or 9.5 mill maybe, not 8 mill.

They should not show ownership until round 2. That will change starting sides.

[/QUOTE]

100% agree with this one.
It would stuff all the lazy p...ks who do no pre-season research (especially on the best rookies) and simply pick their side 2 days before rd1 based on % ownership

It would stuff all the lazy p...ks who do no pre-season research (especially on the best rookies) and simply pick their side 2 days before rd1 based on % ownership

Haha I had my best ever start to the season when I did this a couple of years ago!

100% agree with this one.
[/QUOTE]
Should they show ownership & (VC) (C) ownership at all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back