Game Day 2023 Round 08 Collingwood v Bloods Sunday 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so sick of it.

I have bit my tongue on here out of respect for the fact it's not a popular opinion and everyone on here loves Parker (as do I).

But in 2018 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Hanners in there would bring change.

In 2019 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Jones in there would bring change.

In 2020 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Florent in there would bring change.

In 2021 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Hewett in there would bring change.

In 2022 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing JPK in there would bring change.

There was one common denominator all along.

Never agreed with you more

So who would you play in Franklins place ? You think McDonald and Francis are going to change these results as the fwds ????? Costing us dearly ? What a croc of s**t. Yep we are where we are because of Franklin. Why don’t you come up with some legitimate reasons we are shooting ourselves in the foot.
Buddy also needed to take his only chance.
Once again too many players given defensive roles through the midfield which puts them on the back foot when attacking.
Its no wonder we couldn't go inside much & score.

So who would you play in Franklins place ? You think McDonald and Francis are going to change these results as the fwds ????? Costing us dearly ? What a croc of s**t. Yep we are where we are because of Franklin. Why don’t you come up with some legitimate reasons we are shooting ourselves in the foot.
The legitimate reason we lost today is our abysmal (comically bad) set shots.

But part of the reason we “are where we are” more broadly is that Buddy is no longer an offensive weapon and has become a defensive liability.

I will, however, acknowledge that it’s hard to see who replaces him. HHK is going ok - but he’s not a key target.

The “Buddy takes the best defender” argument no longer holds either. McRae sent Moore to McDonald and Francis today.

No matter what injuries or whateverThis side shouldn't be 3-5

Nor should it be struggling to kick goals for entire halves

everyone is disappointed

I think the second quarter alone showed what we can do, we should be better than we have been, maybe its just a rotten luck year

Actually 3-5 is about right weighing up everything.

Collingwood nowhere near as good as last season.

Like JPK, I think you’d only realise how important he is if he wasn’t there.

And fortunately he’s been incredibly durable.

We had the opportunity to win -
But our forwards screwed the pooch.
It's not just the forwards to blame. Some of the entries into the forward 50 were terrible, didn't give the forwards a chance. Or kickers just ignored forwards running free inside the 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropping fringe players wont do anything for the team, the results still go as expected. At some point the highest performing players need to start performing this season.

Although it looks like the forwards never got silver service at all.

Gulden had a fantastic game, and its so good to finally have even just T Mac back again, provides the defence with so much better balance and structure, thought he moved really well today too. just need to get Rampe back please..

Buddy also needed to take his only chance.
Once again too many players given defensive roles through the midfield which puts them on the back foot when attacking.
Its no wonder we couldn't go inside much & score.
Ted you don’t have to worry I’m not in denial. I just find it weak as piss when the same DH’s keep using it as an excuse as to reasons why we are in the spot we are. His effort today was as good as the rest but like the rest never made it count.

Parker cops a lot on here, but if we're looking critically at our mids today, virtually every time Mills had the ball he slowed the game down.

IMO Parker had a better game than Mills, but for some reason Luke is the easy go to target, when he's about the only bloke in our mids who constantly stands up.
He's not perfect but the pile on is ridiculous.

John noble surely should be dealt with the same as Paps and Toby Greene- had 4 free kicks for not a great deal, umpires need to be looking for the “Selwood” arm

mills kicking at times
Was one of a few times I thought his disposal let us down, particularly when we were on top and looking to take advantage, some really poor handballs killed momentum for us

Parker cops a lot on here, but if we're looking critically at our mids today, virtually every time Mills had the ball he slowed the game down.

IMO Parker had a better game than Mills, but for some reason Luke is the easy go to target, when he's about the only bloke in our mids who constantly stands up.
He's not perfect but the pile on is ridiculous.
Warner also butchered a lot of inside 50s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back