Game Day 2023 Round 08 Collingwood v Bloods Sunday 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker is one of the most overrated good swans players of all time, he is a good player yes, but * me his ball use is pathetic

hence why he is s**t on the big stage I guess
He’s a second mid being asked to play as first mid. I said it a couple of years back, but I can’t see us winning a premiership with him as our main mid.

well 14 of them were turnovers that set collingwood up

but point taken

True, still think their input overall was a net positive today. Just lacking polish going inside 50 and obviously with goal kicking. Could have won but didnt, which is actually far better than I was expecting today. Hate the fact they got that run on at the start of the 4th, kills you.

I think the criticism of Parker is a bit unfair.

We won it in the middle today & Parker’s hard ball gets were a major part of that.

Today’s blame lies entirely in the forwards. Heeney, Hayward beyond poor.

And Buddy’s year-long victory lap / pension fund is costing us dearly.

have to agree to disagree. Year after year he is lauded for hard ball gets, no doubt he is tough, bashes in, cannot take that away. But he just moves it like a hot potato and goes to a teammate under the pump or he bombs away and butchers it,

Without Kennedy its even worse, Parker has become slower too, opposition probably happy to let him clear it these days, he might get 30 but about 8-10 actually help us , thats being generous. Again just my opinion, but he is held up like a star by a lot, and imo (maybe worth s**t) he just never has been a star

I think the criticism of Parker is a bit unfair.

We won it in the middle today & Parker’s hard ball gets were a major part of that.

Today’s blame lies entirely in the forwards. Heeney, Hayward beyond poor.

And Buddy’s year-long victory lap / pension fund is costing us dearly.
So who would you play in Franklins place ? You think McDonald and Francis are going to change these results as the fwds ????? Costing us dearly ? What a croc of s**t. Yep we are where we are because of Franklin. Why don’t you come up with some legitimate reasons we are shooting ourselves in the foot.

We threw it away in the 4th. We were actually in a really good position after the 3rd and just stopped playing for some reason.
Agree to disagree

We never really had possession in the fourth - the third we had it and had many many opportunities and just stuffed them up through bad kicking bad decision making it horrendous hand passing

Except and Ive always said it, get him near goal and he takes his chances,
He's a forward. He's not a midfielder. He has no idea what he's doing in tight but put him leading up at a forward or having a shot at goal from anywhere and he's prime Michael Jordan.

have to agree to disagree. Year after year he is lauded for hard ball gets, no doubt he is tough, bashes in, cannot take that away. But he just moves it like a hot potato and goes to a teammate under the pump or he bombs away and butchers it,

Without Kennedy its even worse, Parker has become slower too, opposition probably happy to let him clear it these days, he might get 30 but about 8-10 actually help us , thats being generous. Again just my opinion, but he is held up like a star by a lot, and imo (maybe worth s**t) he just never has been a star
Like JPK, I think you’d only realise how important he is if he wasn’t there.

And fortunately he’s been incredibly durable.

We had the opportunity to win -
But our forwards screwed the pooch.

He's a forward. He's not a midfielder. He has no idea what he's doing in tight but put him leading up at a forward or having a shot at goal from anywhere and he's prime Michael Jordan.

Yep agree

and his marking for his size is amazing

You’d only realise how important he is if he wasn’t there.

And fortunately he’s been incredibly durable.

We had the opportunity to win -
But our forwards screwed the pooch.

I think if he skipped a week the midfield would function better.

Most people agree with you though end of the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a second mid being asked to play as first mid. I said it a couple of years back, but I can’t see us winning a premiership with him as our main mid.
The issue is that he was a great supplement to jack Hannebery and Kennedy - the big issue is that we really haven’t had anyone else such as mils or heeney become the dominant mid thst we drafted

No matter what injuries or whateverThis side shouldn't be 3-5

Nor should it be struggling to kick goals for entire halves

everyone is disappointed

I think the second quarter alone showed what we can do, we should be better than we have been, maybe its just a rotten luck year

Fitness questions? Some poor disposal by Mills when we were trying to lead were not great. Overall, we can make finals. This was a pretty good performance except forward 50 entries and goal kicking. Players had a. Rack, some are down on form no doubt, but once the back was broken in the last it was difficult to hold on. Pies did kick some out of their backside and the inconsistency in what gets paid was frustrating.

We are a class below Collingwood, there is no problem with that, we didn’t deserve the shoreline at the end but the signs were good enough to suggest we are on the improve.

Yep was a good sidekick for JPK

Yep agree

and his marking for his size is amazing
Just so sick of it.

I have bit my tongue on here out of respect for the fact it's not a popular opinion and everyone on here loves Parker (as do I).

But in 2018 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Hanners in there would bring change.

In 2019 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Jones in there would bring change.

In 2020 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Florent in there would bring change.

In 2021 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing Hewett in there would bring change.

In 2022 we thought the midfield work was average and that losing JPK in there would bring change.

There was one common denominator all along.

No matter what injuries or whateverThis side shouldn't be 3-5

Nor should it be struggling to kick goals for entire halves

everyone is disappointed

I think the second quarter alone showed what we can do, we should be better than we have been, maybe its just a rotten luck year

Can we please trade Heeney? I've lowered my expectations to one top 10 pick.

Most overpaid player in the competition

We don't have enough players who want to be the man. Logan had a chance to smack one home from 55 and took the soft option to poke it into the pocket to nobody. Go back and kick that goal and it's a totally different ball game. Gee they tried but still a too many too soft between the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back