Game Day 2023 Round 08 Collingwood v Bloods Sunday 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartened by that display, some of the swans play was extremely good especially in middle two quarters.

Finishing left a lot to be desired, no one seemed to want to seize the moment unfortunately

True, but also our leading patterns were terrible at times, and in the last quarter barely existant, players just standing there.

All areas were probably equally s**t

Parker cops a lot on here, but if we're looking critically at our mids today, virtually every time Mills had the ball he slowed the game down.

IMO Parker had a better game than Mills, but for some reason Luke is the easy go to target, when he's about the only bloke in our mids who constantly stands up.
He's not perfect but the pile on is ridiculous.
Agree re Mills but they're not comparable. One's been doing this s**t for the better part of a decade now. The other has done it on and off in between a lot of class for about 2 years.

Parker cops a lot on here, but if we're looking critically at our mids today, virtually every time Mills had the ball he slowed the game down.

IMO Parker had a better game than Mills, but for some reason Luke is the easy go to target, when he's about the only bloke in our mids who constantly stands up.
He's not perfect but the pile on is ridiculous.
Agree, Parker kept moving it forward and Mills was off, killed of momentum a number of times

Wow a bit of fight. I am impressed. We have gone from 46% ĐE to 77%DE. Thry looked far better in the first. Having double our forward entries. We doubled them that quarter.

The slow play does not work anymore. We should get rid of it. When we move the ball quickly we are a far better side. Sad Mark Sheather was injured. The comeback came on the back of his goal.

We have been very lacking in confidence and aggression recently. But we seemed to gain something in the second. A spark? I think Clarke has been good. He seems to be following Daicos everywhere because he has been at stoppages too. That is the advantage of your defensive forward being a mid. Parker and Milks leading from the front.

Warner has been sensational. Willy's couple of marks have been great. Blakey, Fox, Florent doing great work. They are predicting the Pies plays and rủ Ning Off Their opponents to intercept the play. McInerney involved.

Need to maintain the pressure. I hope we win. Because in reality we are up against it with injuries. We seem to have gotten confidence back, so just personnel. I looked at the stats and Hickey got plenty of hitouts but is possessing the ball less than McAndrew (6 disposals more), who had 5 HO less. Melican did not look particularly good in the vision I saw. But he may have improved as the game went on. I only watched until half time.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was interesting that they put Gould up forward late in the game and he made a difference. Could make a good forward target when Buddy is "managed".

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wasted opportunities I imagine, I mean, its pretty obvious? We played a fairly good game across the ground but lacked polish going inside 50 and goal kicking.

The wasted opportunities didn't really matter in the end though. They wasted a few as well and ran over the top of us far too easily in the end. We would've lost even if we were 4 goals up going into the 4th. We just couldn't go with them at all. It's like we used up all the energy in the first 3 quarters. There's something badly wrong with our fitness.

The kicking for goal was truly abysmal though and it's not a one off. We're just very far off it this season. Injuries have seriously damaged us, but nearly everyone has regressed compared to last season. Warner is increasingly ineffectual, Mills keeps making elementary mistakes, Blakey is ridiculously inconsistent, TMac somehow subdued ever since Paddy got injured, Heeney awful, Papley like a headless chicken most of the time, Gulden sprays it more often than not, Buddy increasingly a non factor, McDonald still meh etc etc. Feels like a completely different team to last year.

I hope it wakes half of you soft utensils on this forum up, who can’t take an ounce of criticism to this team, I love this team with all my heart but right now we are s**t, our game plan is s**t, our players are just outplayed in every position, and our coaching is not up to par, but some of you nancys live in fairy land where we can’t say s**t, what a joke of a game again today 1 goal in a half of footy, hope you fairies are happy with that effort, I’m after wins
Take a break champ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True, but also our leading patterns were terrible at times, and in the last quarter barely existant, players just standing there.
Entries were either poor or to the wrong player. Went deep to contests ignoring shallow entries to unmarked players, one in the 4th should have hit Gulden on the chest but we went to the marked player…

Contested ball and clearance work was generally pretty good. That's been a lot better since the Geelong game

We lost both though

I dunno just thought a lot of the game was holding possession and slow build up and it didnt work

in other ways there was some good footy at times

The wasted opportunities didn't really matter in the end though. They wasted a few as well and ran over the top of us far too easily in the end. We would've lost even if we were 4 goals up going into the 4th. We just couldn't go with them at all. It's like we used up all the energy in the first 3 quarters. There's something badly wrong with our fitness.

They kicked 3 goals in 7 minutes in the 4th - its our inability to stop teams when they get a run on that kills us the most imo. After that we looked lower on energy so I suppose thats when you need your leaders to make sure the players dont drop the heads up and just keep going, there was still enough time at that stage but it didnt look like the players believed there was.

We're shot mentally and fall apart when the blowtorch is applied.

We can still play some good footy but 10 minutes at a time isn't gonna cut it.

Francis shouldn't be allowed forward of the centre square for the rest of the season.

Look maybe it will eventually click but I just hope its not too late. We made a few tweaks to the team before finally getting it right. Just hope the season doesnt slip away from us.

I'm fairly sure there were 17 losers last year
Seriously….go back to living vicariously through some football players pal, it’s not our fault your life is miserable.

Entries were either poor or to the wrong player. Went deep to contests ignoring shallow entries to unmarked players, one in the 4th should have hit Gulden on the chest but we went to the marked player…

Bizarre, players just need to widen their vision a touch, felt like we were better at that last year.

We're shot mentally and fall apart when the blowtorch is applied.

We can still play some good footy but 10 minutes at a time isn't gonna cut it.

Francis shouldn't be allowed forward of the centre square for the rest of the season.
Francis kicking is a concern…..not just set shots, his field kicking is also ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back