Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yea, nah, in regards to Dee's pick 6+11! 11 is the point of issue for me. There's a gap between the top 7 to 12 and then there's another gap from 12 onwards . If Dee's had six and eight , maybe , but even then wouldn't consider it. They won't be stupid enough to throw in a future first as well , can't see them been that silly!
If anything, try and shop our future pick to get in another top 8 draft hand or even better, move up to nab Harley.

Hawks into Bonar as DFA
Drafted as an inside mid, turned into a defender. Undersized KPD, oversized small defender.

I would imagine would be a good match up for Ollie Henry/Bailey Fritsch types. We may be able to get the best out of him.

On Bonar - North used him as KPD and he was exposed multiple times. I think Kyle Cheney is a decent comparison. He does have good kicking skills but has been extremely underwhelming at North Melbourne for a player of his physical profile.

If he comes to us I expect it will be as a third tall defender but I don't see the appeal because we already have Sicily in that role. Perhaps we feel that Sicily can be our CHB or perhaps we're simply looking for additional depth.

There's no hard and fast rule for this draft. We'll still be talking to WC right up until first pick but given that nothing happens there we'll consider trading 4 for either 6 & 11 or 6 & F1 depending on what players are still available.
We'll also be making Nth an offer which I can't go into the details of.
We're "sold" on two particular players so if we keep pick 4 will depend if either/both are still available.
Fun times ahead, but we're in a very good position, on top of our great trading to pick up an early elite player, McCabe who we rate very highly and possibly Dear.
Remember we have 4, 44, 47, 49, 62 & 63 so we have quite a bit of leeway.
Our list size is currently 34 + 5 rookies. Plus 1 Cat B.
No decision been made yet but I'd expect Duke and possibly Blanck to be upgraded to the senior list.

There's no hard and fast rule for this draft. We'll still be talking to WC right up until first pick but given that nothing happens there we'll consider trading 4 for either 6 & 11 or 6 & F1 depending on what players are still available.
We're "sold" on two particular players so if we keep pick 4 will depend if either/both are still available.
Fun times ahead, but we're in a very good position, on top of our great trading to pick up an early elite player, McCabe who we rate very highly and possibly Dear.
No decision been made yet but I'd expect Duke and possibly Blanck to be upgraded to the senior list.
Wouldn't there be a concern that if we traded 4 for 6 + 11, a bid on McCabe could come before 11? 11 will actually be 14 or 15 come draft night and not far off McCabe's projected range. Too risky for me.

I'd be taking who's left out of Duursma, McKercher or Watson.

I'm extremely content with that.

Melbourne can't offer anything I'd take. 6 (we miss one of the top 6 after Walter), 11 (risky for McCabe), F1 (Dee's will probably be top 4).

All not good enough. A 3 way deal is always possible

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Totally different scenario. You can’t just rebuild through the draft. Shrew trading and good drafting gets you back up to the point end of the ladder.
Can you see Chol and others being part of our premiership era, do you think the guys we have picked up are that good, they have been in the system for a number of years, you know what you get? it just means you win a few more games next year, you would naturally have a lower first draft hand next year. the draft is alittle bit of a lottery, so someone at pick 27 could actually be better than pick 5. You hope to get your gun players through draft and then 3-4 positions can trade later. Unless we are now ready to contend only after a year of letting go few experienced players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks KL, if we wait till our pick at 4 then we will have a clearer idea of who will be there at pick six, and can decide if its that and 11 or F1.

Can you see Chol and others being part of our premiership era, do you think the guys we have picked up are that good, they have been in the system for a number of years, you know what you get? it just means you win a few more games next year, you would naturally have a lower first draft hand next year. the draft is alittle bit of a lottery, so someone at pick 27 could actually be better than pick 5. You hope to get your gun players through draft and then 3-4 positions can trade later. Unless we are now ready to contend only after a year of letting go few experienced players.
I can see Chol and Ginnivan being a part of it. Especially if we can get chol motivated. Him and Mitch Lewis can do damage to opposition sides.

My own personal prefernce is to keep pick 4 only because of the draft history.
Across the journey pick 6 has been a bit of a bust, in fact only one elite A-grader springs to mind and that's Macrae. Our own pick 6 history is a shocker with Dowler & Thorp in successive years big fails and more recently DGB on thin ice.

Pick 4 has dished up Matera, Pavlich, Gaff, Bontempelli, Oliver, LDU & Daicos amongst others.
Edit: We've only had one pick 4 I think, Josh Kennedy who goes down as a legend as well. Pity he went to Sydney.

Across the journey pick 6 has been a bit of a bust, in fact only one elite A-grader springs to mind and that's Macrae. Our own pick 6 history is a shocker with Dowler & Thorp in successive years big fails and more recently DGB on thin ice.

Pick 4 has dished up Matera, Pavlich, Gaff, Bontempelli, Oliver, LDU & Daicos amongst others.
Edit: We've only had one pick 4 I think, Josh Kennedy who goes down as a legend as well. Pity he went to Sydney.
Kennedy was pick 40 *due to father/son shennanigans. Tony Rock and John Baird were pick 4's in the preseason and rookie drafts back in 1998.

Never had pick 4 in the National draft. We still won't either, Jed Walter will push us back to 5 and we might bid on Read to get us the dreaded pick 6.

Wouldn't there be a concern that if we traded 4 for 6 + 11, a bid on McCabe could come before 11? 11 will actually be 14 or 15 come draft night and not far off McCabe's projected range. Too risky for me.
We could potentially flip it for someone else's F1 or to even move up a spot or two if a player we like is on the board at 9-10, for example

Uhhhh you have the wrong Josh Kennedy champ 😂

if the draft order stays as it is I reckon eagles take Reid and North take Mckercher and Duursma. Reckon we take Curtin just over Watson. It makes sense, we’ve been looking for a CHB and also makes a potential redo trade easier in the future. If west coast can’t get a trade done with North and have confidence Curtin gets past them we could possibly get pick 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back