Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing him to the biggest risk that club has taken on a young player.
Think why Collingwood were quick to let him go….
It’s been no secret Ginni loves his bags.
Who would visit the races before a Grand Final.
The McStay fiasco which is fact
He is going to need guidance

Defamatory post is defamatory - hope for your sake one of Ginnivan’s mates or family members don’t post here.

Comparing him to the biggest risk that club has taken on a young player.
Think why Collingwood were quick to let him go….
It’s been no secret Ginni loves his bags.
Who would visit the races before a Grand Final.
The McStay fiasco which is fact
He is going to need guidance
The McStay stuff is complete BS made up by knobs on social media with too much time on their hands. Ginnivan hasn’t been my favourite player on field but his off field stuff is minor.
This ⬆️
Jaeger007 How could you possibly KNOW any of the points you put fwd in the way that you have = as facts.
The only fact I see is that he went to the races before the GF, which, if he was full of nerves and needed a distraction, is fine. People deal with stress in different ways and using distraction is a healthy way to deal with stress.

Personally I am going to find it hard to like Ginni. But not for any of the reasons you stated.

A few chase-downs (not his strong suit) early in 2024 would go a long way to warm me up to him. Let’s see what he does.

Last edited:
A
I think the one that hurts is giving up our second rounder for next year which will be quite high for Chol, as well as Chol's 5 year contract. There is certainly some risk there in GC not playing this year, 3rd club for him. Are we in a rebuilding or premiership phase. I am alittle confused by that selection. Then again draft picks are just that, look at DGB with such high pick. Chol is similar age to mitch lewis, perhaps thinking to be a double throng attack.Geez this sounds a lot like the Hale talk from years ago when we got him in, give the man a chance for Christ sake!

This ⬆️
Jaeger007 How could you possibly KNOW any of the points you put fwd in the way that you have = as facts.
The only fact I see is that he went to the races before the GF, which, if he was full of nerves on the night before the GF and needed a distraction, is fine. People deal with stress in different ways and using distraction is a healthy way to deal with stress.

Personally I am going to find it hard to like Ginni. But not for any of the reasons you stated.

A few chase-downs (not his strong suit) early in 2024 would go a long way to warm me up to him. Let’s see what he does.
We could all do with a bit more of this, and a bit less prejudgement.

Not a KPP.
And yet he played 90% of the game as a Key Defender against the Allies and Vic Country (and spent at least a quarter as the deepest defender against Metro), split time as a second tall at both ends in week one of the WAFL finals, and started every game of his WAFL career as a key position player.

His listed height and weight are both larger than Blanck (Curtin - 197cm 95kg, Blanck 196cm 93kg) and he has played some outstanding games in the backline.

He has the scope to play midfield, but that is just what makes him a brilliant CHB. He can run and carry the ball up the field, be a presence as the first line of defense, and distribute on counter attacks. He's also an absolute unit with great defensive instincts.

Sorry, I meant to say "Is a KPP"

And yet he played 90% of the game as a Key Defender against the Allies and Vic Country (and spent at least a quarter as the deepest defender against Metro), split time as a second tall at both ends in week one of the WAFL finals, and started every game of his WAFL career as a key position player.

His listed height and weight are both larger than Blanck (Curtin - 197cm 95kg, Blanck 196cm 93kg) and he has played some outstanding games in the backline.

He has the scope to play midfield, but that is just what makes him a brilliant CHB. He can run and carry the ball up the field, be a presence as the first line of defense, and distribute on counter attacks. He's also an absolute unit with great defensive instincts.

Tall scrim/Dawson.

He's no gorilla kpp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His intercept game work does need a bit of work but like...am I taking crazy pills on criticisms of his defensive work? He's more than capable at shutting down a player, and the offensive skillset he provides from CHB is exceptional. Has close to the best kicking skills in the draft. Basically could be what everyone hoped Jeka could get to with better defensive intent.

Tall scrim/Dawson.

He's no gorilla kpp

Doesn't need to be when you have Blanck as a pure stopper.

Mitchell's gameplan really values a CHB that can get involved in attacking chains. Curtin is exceptional for that role.

Doesn't need to be when you have Blanck as a pure stopper.

Mitchell's gameplan really values a CHB that can get involved in attacking chains. Curtin is exceptional for that role.
Not sure Blanck is going to be a long term solution.

I have concerns about Curtin being a great for us down back, our biggest weakness is something he is not going to fix. I prefer all of Reid, Mckercher, Duursma, Watson for us.

The way MM spoke sounds like we plan to trade into next year with the picks.

I took it that we could move some later picks for a F3 if needed. For example, saints would probably give us a F3 for 47 or 49.

Plenty of time to sort it out. Draft is a long way away.

When you think about it, if we were able to get McKay over the line, with our forward heavy trade haul, we would've pretty much fixed most areas of concern in one hit! If only Denver could improve his defensive game as a CHB, that would make us crazy dangerous next year.

Think we are one key defender away from being competitive in a lot of matches next year.

Any state league targets? Wonder if we got re-jig Frost’s contract so that he loses $1K every time he kicks the ball.
I'm no scout/recruiter but I do catch many SANFL games and my absolute favourite player in that league over the last 2 years is Sturt key defender Will Coomblas. I think he's a 22 or 23yo from memory but could be wrong.

Probably won't ever play AFL (I don't know the exact reasons why although my first thought is he might be sliiiightly undersized in terms of being an AFL KPD without knowing what his height is) but I would be pretty stoked if we randomly gave him a rookie spot or something.

He has played as a KP back, a midfielder and as a KP forward and played really well in all those positions. His versatility makes him sound like a modern day Gary Ayres. If West Coast pick Reid and Curtin is available at our pick, we should select him. If either Reid or Curtin get the go homes in 3 years, a straight swap could be on the cards. It might well be our biggest chance to get Reid.

When you think about it, if we were able to get McKay over the line, with our forward heavy trade haul, we would've pretty much fixed most areas of concern in one hit! If only Denver could improve his defensive game as a CHB, that would make us crazy dangerous next year.

I’d still persist with Denver as a forward.

Moore - Lewis - Ginnivan

Watson - Chol - Breust

That is a forward line that can kick a winning score.
Seems pretty obvious now that the coaching panel were extremely dissatisfied with our forwards line performance this year (as were we all) as they have done an almost full rebuild this trade period.

Agree that (on paper at least) that's a forward six with some decent scoring potential (with Gunners in reserve).

Hopefully will give Lewis a bit more freedom as well as teams won't have the luxury of double/triple framing him like they did this year.

He has played as a KP back, a midfielder and as a KP forward and played really well in all those positions. His versatility makes him sound like a modern day Gary Ayres. If West Coast pick Reid and Curtin is available at our pick, we should select him. If either Reid or Curtin get the go homes in 3 years, a straight swap could be on the cards. It might well be our biggest chance to get Reid.
I keep on seeing this but it only works if they are wanting to leave as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back