Position 2024 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone thinking of running the Lizard (Nick Blakey, $644k)? Has about 5% ownership, is this just because he's not historically a great "Fantasy" player?

I've been hot on Salem but just thinking about his run to his bye.

WBD @ MCG - Should score well
HAW @ MCG - Finn tag? He's their best ball user, can't see him tagging anyone else TBH
PTA @ AO - Hard team to score on
ADL @ AO - Keays tag? Hard team last year for mids to score on
BRI @ MCG - Should be ok, but Lions strong team.

Just starting to get a bit of doubt creeping in. Still think he's great value but maybe enough for me to be scared into a safer Sheezel type pick.

The only person from Melbourne getting tagged is Petracca. Salem is decent, but Petracca is game changing.

Not at the moment I wouldn't think. Dude will struggle to break open a game with his current t physique, let alone break open a game.

Maybe in the second half of the season. But definitely not now.
Shall see I spose, slap the cooler on him when he still has some juice then switch.

With hore named I’m switching yeo who’s been in my team all preseason to Salem I’m sure it won’t backfire. Realistically though yeo’s probably only an 80s guy? Whereas salem could go 100 in the mids. Plus double price rice this week and yeo has a tough match up

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeo is the number 1 inside mid again, realistically low 90s tbh. Decent chance he goes higher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mid rotations. Lock them both in. If Salem was playing down back he’d be starting there
Why are Salem and Young named on the bench...

Very hard to get a read on what's going on with Melbourne's ins and outs this week.

1710489070569.png

I reckon the most likely scenario is:
  • TMac in for Tomlinson (key def) as he's been training down back
  • Kozi in for Laurie (small fwd)
  • Brown in for Schache (key fwd)
  • Hore in for Bowey (attacking def)
  • Billings plays a full game to replace Spargo (versatile fwd)
  • Woewodin is sub (mid/fwd)
That would have Salem playing a mid role, but there are just so many variables. Tmac could easily play forward instead and Woewodin could play a full game and take Salem's mid spot, but I reckon this isn't too likely.

Very hard to get a read on what's going on with Melbourne's ins and outs this week.

View attachment 1928754

That would have Salem playing a mid role, but there are just so many variables. Tmac could easily play forward instead and Woewodin could play a full game and take Salem's mid spot, but I reckon this isn't too likely.
Salem will be a mid

View attachment 1928754

Think your list is spot on and not much room for variation

Thoughts on Miles Bergman? Pushed up to the wing now, tackling machine, thinking he might be a better pick instead of D'ambrosio?

Okay I have a hot take here, Call it Crazy, Call it Whack but hear me out

Hawks are injury plagued, especially in defence. With Sicily potentially having an adjusted role, this maybe opens the door for one person in particular

My fellow Pasta eating companion MASSIMO DAMBROSIO. Rode the sub last year although averaged 71 when he wasnt the sub in 2023. Is priced at 51...

IF he can find a spot in the league squad - He may be a lock at D3/4/5

Thoughts?
I called it, my boy Massimo may be a decent pick for the year! hopefully he can back it up this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back