Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s been talk that Flynn might only be 4-5 away already
Yeah, could be a few options for both Heeney and Jackson, luxury trades in rounds 4/5? Don't like it, but there shouldn't be too many rookies to be culled that early. Definitely undecided, haha

Is Jackson being overhyped even without Darcy playing? Priced at mid 80s already and his only monster games came against sides with no rucks. 10 points upside at best for 4 rounds doesn’t fill me with heaps of confidence
yes, take out the game against darcy fort and he went low 90s without Darcy last year, and considering a few of those other games were vs backup rucks too, fair to say there is very little upside

Very unlikely but is there a chance Heeney does a job on Daicos this week?

Be Rowbum, IMO. It's making me reconsider Naicos I gotta say, knowing that Ross will probably plant Windhager on him too the following week...and Dunks goes to him from Brisbane...then the inevitable Finn tag the following week...then his bye.

Could be a very rough start to the season if coaches decide he's the Number 1 threat - and they all follow suit if they see it working well.

Be Rowbum, IMO. It's making me reconsider Naicos I gotta say, knowing that Ross will probably plant Windhager on him too the following week...and Dunks goes to him from Brisbane...then the inevitable Finn tag the following week...then his bye.

Could be a very rough start to the season if coaches decide he's the Number 1 threat - and they all follow suit if they see it working well.
Worrying about Tags would make you pick no one. There are very few good fantasy players who are also low risk of tags. Steele maybe, the ruckmen - i can't think of many others who are both Best 22 locks and free of tag threats. Don't worry about that crap.

Worrying about Tags would make you pick no one. There are very few good fantasy players who are also low risk of tags. Steele maybe, the ruckmen - i can't think of many others who are both Best 22 locks and free of tag threats. Don't worry about that crap.

I don't usually, but the Round 5 bye is tough, and I'm becoming increasingly wary of just how rough his start to the season could be.

Dunks is no joke when it comes to shutting a player down, and Windhager has shown he can do a job. Finn is a pain in the ass, and the bye is another pain in the ass.

I've gone back and forth on him all PS, and know that I'll need him by the end of the year as he's a guaranteed Top 6 DEF...but that start to the year is concerning.

I'll probably keep him as my side has been pretty locked for days now...but Whitfield against North and GWS coming off a 137 built into his price, is hard to ignore as an alternate possibility.

Someone talk me out of starting Seth Campbell. The fact he's already got a negative BE and already a green dot has attracted me to him like a moth to a flame.

Am i crazy.

I have all of Reid, Windsor, Lazarro and Wilson. Need one more forward rookie for my bench.

We've been discussing this on the rookie thread, and with the ins the Tigers have, he's a prime candidate to either be subbed in or subbed out. JS not great either.

Be going Burgess, Cooper Simpson (if named) or Cadman over him, tbh.

Usually true but Daicos has shown that a tag is effective against him whilst also being damaging enough for it to be worth it as an opposition coach.

There’s not too many players in the league that are simultaneously easily taggable and also close to their teams best player. Merrett would be in the conversation but teams don’t usually bother because of how much of a waste it is against a poor Bombers side. Reigning premiers is going to be a different story

Someone talk me out of starting Seth Campbell. The fact he's already got a negative BE and already a green dot has attracted me to him like a moth to a flame.

Am i crazy.

I have all of Reid, Windsor, Lazarro and Wilson. Need one more forward rookie for my bench.
Small forward, mansell in this week who plays a similar role, so could be borderline.
The subs have been coming from the bench players so far, id imagine rioli is safe, as well as pickett.
So out of Dow, Mansell and Campbell one should be in the green vest, and provided they dont get an injury, one will be red vested.

I dont trust his Job security, I prefer cadman with eagles and north in his next 2 games tbh.

Posted this in the rnd 1 discussion thread, given the chat about the Tigers subs thought I'd post it here too

My take on the Tigers subs is that they'll be Mansell and MRJ, Mansell coming off an injury and MRJ is an impact type of pressure forward, when he runs out of steam he's next to useless, Mansell can play defence as well.

I don't have any inside Gos, just my gut feel, which could be way off.

*Edit......Surprised Naismith wasn't given a run with Lynch on managed minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this in the rnd 1 discussion thread, given the chat about the Tigers subs thought I'd post it here too

My take on the Tigers subs is that they'll be Mansell and MRJ, Mansell coming off an injury and MRJ is an impact type of pressure forward, when he runs out of steam he's next to useless, Mansell can play defence as well.

I don't have any inside Gos, just my gut feel, which could be way off.

*Edit......Surprised Naismith wasn't given a run with Lynch on managed minutes.
You picking Campbell?

Aldo lynch another chance for sub out since they said managed minutes?

You picking Campbell?

Aldo lynch another chance for sub out since they said managed minutes?
Yep, his spot is between Mansell (coming off an injury, MRJ (limited tank), Cumberland (doesn't offer the all round game) and Steely Green. After his showing against GCS where he was the only one showing some spark, I'd expect him to hold his spot at least until he shows that he's not up to the level, so far he has.

They'll give Lynch ~60% I'd think, sort of why I was surprised that Naismith was left out, means Balta is the 2nd ruck leaving a 60% game time Lynch as the only tall forward.

*Edit........and Nank coming in after a plantar fasciitis issue could well be on reduced minutes too

Last edited:
Aaaaand Heeney is back in.
Near enough the same price as Jordan Clark so swapped the two via DPP.

Happy to jump off Heeney for a fallen premo (looking at Gulden, ;) straight swap or trade $800k Heeney for $700k Taranto - lol)
*gotta-dream.

Aaaaand Heeney is back in.
Near enough the same price as Jordan Clark so swapped the two via DPP.

Happy to jump off Heeney for a fallen premo (looking at Gulden, ;) straight swap or trade $800k Heeney for $700k Taranto - lol)
*gotta-dream.
Yeah I’m in on Heeney too. Good round 0 boost and even if he gets flipped back forward as early as this week, his fixture leading into his bye should allow him to kick a couple of bags anyway.

Only problem I see is it’s another planned trade, and they’re starting to pile up. If you go Flanders you’re keeping him all year. At this stage there’s a lot of players in my team that probably aren’t going to push the top players in their position and I might have too many value picks

Yeah I’m in on Heeney too. Good round 0 boost and even if he gets flipped back forward as early as this week, his fixture leading into his bye should allow him to kick a couple of bags anyway.

Only problem I see is it’s another planned trade, and they’re starting to pile up. If you go Flanders you’re keeping him all year. At this stage there’s a lot of players in my team that probably aren’t going to push the top players in their position and I might have too many value picks
Me too.
About 6 of best 22
Daunting task of 16 trades before injuries and rookie trades
Could start with 10 and make less money I guess.
Round 2 to 6 will be interesting with all the value mid pricers around.

AFL site announcements thus far

Confirmed rookies for round one​

Josh Gibcus* (DEF, $256,000)
Toby Pink (DEF, $200,000)

Colby McKercher (MID, $297,000)
Ryley Sanders (MID, $285,000)

Zane Duursma (MID/FWD, $291,000)
Nick Watson (MID/FWD, $288,000)
Darcy Wilson (MID/FWD, $249,000)

Orazio Fantasia* (FWD, $269,000)
Seth Campbell* (FWD, $200,000)
Chris Burgess (FWD, $200,000)