Position 2024 Fantasy Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

100% this. Literally only needs to add 10 points to his average and he’s a premium forward. With how well he played the other night, no way he gets phased out completely. I think he’s a 35-40% CBA guy this season. Will be some ups and downs, but can say that about any forward. If it all clicks. Heeney could average 100 imo. Petracca teased up for years as well before going ham
My thinking is that an average of 90 would be the cutoff for bottom 6 in the forwards, it could even be lower given the highest average last year of the forwards available this year was Macrae at 91.5

Reckon Clayton Oliver may be a chance of fwd dpp come rd 6

My thinking is that an average of 90 would be the cutoff for bottom 6 in the forwards, it could even be lower given the highest average last year of the forwards available this year was Macrae at 91.5
Yep. So he only needs to add say a tackle and a couple of extra kicks. I think it’s feasible. If Sydney are better in the mids as well, it might give him more opportunity to score goals as well

Heeney might start the season well but Adams and Parker will be back at some point

But like others have said he only needs to very slightly increase his average to be a top 6 fwd for the year and be worth it.

Plus the whole concept of season long keepers is pretty outdated in AF with the amount of trades we have. I think the last couple of seasons I've only ended up with around 5 or 6 guys at most that I started with

Heeney might start the season well but Adams and Parker will be back at some point
I would think that when Adams is back 3-4 weeks that he'll take Rowbums CBA's and TBH I don't know why Rowbum is even in the side now, must have a compromising pick of Horse. Parker is a very good forward and he could spend a larger % there this year than last. Still leaves a lot of minutes for Heeney.

Yep. So he only needs to add say a tackle and a couple of extra kicks. I think it’s feasible. If Sydney are better in the mids as well, it might give him more opportunity to score goals as well
Oh they're definitely better in the mids with Grundy coming in. Heeney played with a niggle for a lot of last year, even if (I don't think it'll happen) he plays predominately as a forward then he just reverts to his historical ave of 90

Freo have finally given an official timeline on Hodor, out for up to a month. So tread carefully potentially with Dogga

It's interesting with the timeline of 3-4 weeks. I'm leaning more towards fading now given Jackson is priced at 84, probably goes 95-100 as the solo ruck, makes maybe $100k but will drop down to scoring 70-80 again by the Gawn and Grundy bye.

In saying that, it does give you a look at Flanders up forward, or a Touk in the midfield with a small upgrade or sideways trade as a luxury. But if you get forced trades it may not be as easy as that.

Hard call overall. Any other year it would be an easy leave at the start of the year but with the lack of forward premiums and the the early byes I think it's still a viable play.

It's interesting with the timeline of 3-4 weeks. I'm leaning more towards fading now given Jackson is priced at 84, probably goes 95-100 as the solo ruck, makes maybe $100k but will drop down to scoring 70-80 again by the Gawn and Grundy bye.

In saying that, it does give you a look at Flanders up forward, or a Touk in the midfield with a small upgrade or sideways trade as a luxury. But if you get forced trades it may not be as easy as that.

Hard call overall. Any other year it would be an easy leave at the start of the year but with the lack of forward premiums and the the early byes I think it's still a viable play.
It’s a really tough call

But of FOMO but deep down I feel
he could not be the smash pick. But know he’s capable.

I’d like to get Stewart back into my side and Jackson could be 1 way to make it happen

It’s a really tough call

But of FOMO but deep down I feel
he could not be the smash pick. But know he’s capable.

I’d like to get Stewart back into my side and Jackson could be 1 way to make it happen

Playing around with structure this morning I think I'm more likely than not to do it. Takes me from a 2 MID, 2 FWD rookie setup to 3 MID, 1 FWD rookie. Means Windsor in instead of Campell and gives me a DPP link to the midfield. Does mean I lose Newcombe who I'm hot on and the midfield runs a bit less deep but extra flex around the early byes, especially Round 5.

With Jackson on instead of Gawndy, means I get the full 22 both weeks and a nice crack at looping rookie scores.

I do really like the look of going 6 deep in the mids with a Wines/Crouch at M6 but the mid rookies look really solid.

Given Swans injury issues
Taylor AdamsKnee2-3 weeks
Callum MillsShoulder12 weeks
Luke ParkerArm3-4 weeks
Angus SheldrickFinger3-4 weeks
Think that Heeney will be the same as Wacko.
Rd4 Trade plus $100k
Verging on fading Heeney too but to what?
Another mid pricer in the mid and fwd = one less rook?
FIIK!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing around with structure this morning I think I'm more likely than not to do it. Takes me from a 2 MID, 2 FWD rookie setup to 3 MID, 1 FWD rookie. Means Windsor in instead of Campell and gives me a DPP link to the midfield. Does mean I lose Newcombe who I'm hot on and the midfield runs a bit less deep but extra flex around the early byes, especially Round 5.

With Jackson on instead of Gawndy, means I get the full 22 both weeks and a nice crack at looping rookie scores.

I do really like the look of going 6 deep in the mids with a Wines/Crouch at M6 but the mid rookies look really solid.
same. hes a pretty easy fix up trade too if he doesnt go bang early as easy to trade him to a player on any line but ruck using DPP magic and he has the ceiling to hurt/pay off.

Ive got a team im pretty content with now. Very cheap in the mids but heavy at the bookends.

Ive also got Cameron at this stage as I cant quite afford Gawn in my team so its either cameron or Xerri. Im taking the approach of Darcy cant be a "bad" pick with thta breakeven. It gives me a look at Gawn/Xerri for a week where hopefully the added cash boost of Darcy makes trading him to gawn an option or if xerri looks the goods for the price ride go down to him (while cameron still makes more money thsn him this week). And if Cameron does go big enough again then im laughing all the way to the bank where I can ride that wave of cash for a while longer. Having Jackson also gives an added option of cameron to someone on any line and Jackson to ruck so that all ties in well.

Given Swans injury issues
Taylor AdamsKnee2-3 weeks
Callum MillsShoulder12 weeks
Luke ParkerArm3-4 weeks
Angus SheldrickFinger3-4 weeks
Think that Heeney will be the same as Wacko.
Rd4 Trade plus $100k
Verging on fading Heeney too but to what?
Another mid pricer in the mid and fwd = one less rook?
FIIK!

@ Swans fans??? HALP

same. hes a pretty easy fix up trade too if he doesnt go bang early as easy to trade him to a player on any line but ruck using DPP magic and he has the ceiling to hurt/pay off.

Ive got a team im pretty content with now. Very cheap in the mids but heavy at the bookends.

Ive also got Cameron at this stage as I cant quite afford Gawn in my team so its either cameron or Xerri. Im taking the approach of Darcy cant be a "bad" pick with thta breakeven. It gives me a look at Gawn/Xerri for a week where hopefully the added cash boost of Darcy makes trading him to gawn an option or if xerri looks the goods for the price ride go down to him (while cameron still makes more money thsn him this week). And if Cameron does go big enough again then im laughing all the way to the bank where I can ride that wave of cash for a while longer. Having Jackson also gives an added option of cameron to someone on any line and Jackson to ruck so that all ties in well.

Agree. If Darcy comes back for Round 4 or 5 then a trade to Flanders / Touk / Green depending on cash flow would be a great option.
Reckon if Darcy is fit then the Port game would make sense given Soldo and Sweet. Carlton the week before for Gather Round with just TDK, Jackson makes more sense solo IMO.

Could see a world where if Darcy is touch and go they just bring him back at home for the Derby in Round 6, don't even worry about flying him to Adelaide.

Is Jackson being overhyped even without Darcy playing? Priced at mid 80s already and his only monster games came against sides with no rucks. 10 points upside at best for 4 rounds doesn’t fill me with heaps of confidence

Is Jackson being overhyped even without Darcy playing? Priced at mid 80s already and his only monster games came against sides with no rucks. 10 points upside at best for 4 rounds doesn’t fill me with heaps of confidence

Yeah ive had him in but gone pretty cold on the idea now. Not outside the realms that Freo bring Reidy in at some stage before Darcy is ready aswell and let Jackson play the primarily fwd role he's been training all summer for

Heeney to Flanders after his bye is a simple move surely.
Yep I am leaning towards 1 "planned" bye related trade. Still runs a risk of having other players out to deal with in that round.

Also might be hard to justify trading Heeney if he starts with 3 tonnes, and Flanders is only thereabouts.

Yep I am leaning towards 1 "planned" bye related trade. Still runs a risk of having other players out to deal with in that round.

Also might be hard to justify trading Heeney if he starts with 3 tonnes, and Flanders is only thereabouts.
Macrae might be an option by then too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back