Discussion 2024 Fantasy General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

The break evens that showed in the system were as if the players price had already changed. I.e Roberts goes up 60K and his BE drops to -21.

However, the prices obviously didn't change. Because they aren't changing before Round 1.

Jaiden did the maths and was like, hold on, we're not going to get Round 0 price increase s(i.e Roberts doesn't get the 60k).

AFL have confirmed that the break evens are wrong and that the 60K + the change from his score next week will happen- which is what we understood it to be the whole time. It just doesn't show that in the system yet and will be adjusted or 'un hidden' next week.
I'm aware of that. I'm just saying it's not all doom and gloom if we weren't to get the first price rise. There has been a bit of a rhetoric overnight that without a double price rise, selecting players who played round zero would count for naught. I'm saying that thinking is flawed.

But you are correct and it appears that those responsible are going to correct the site.

Butters starting round 1, been on him all preaseason until the injury now i don't know if i want to take the risk lol.

Either Newcombe or downgrade Windsor to S Campell and go up to Butters.

I for one have absolutely loved watching his ownership drop. He rolled his ankle, massive overreaction to drop 10%.

I for one have absolutely loved watching his ownership drop. He rolled his ankle, massive overreaction to drop 10%.
Yeah for me im happy with my team, if i go Newcombe up to Butters i need to downgrade Bont or downgrade Windsor like i said and i don't really have confidence in the players around the 1 mil mark.

I'm aware of that. I'm just saying it's not all doom and gloom if we weren't to get the first price rise. There has been a bit of a rhetoric overnight that without a double price rise, selecting players who played round zero would count for naught. I'm saying that thinking is flawed.

But you are correct and it appears that those responsible are going to correct the site.
Nah I think if the confusion was correct it would have f'd those playing in R0 for sure. Rookies would miss out on substantial cash gen.

Nah I think if the confusion was correct it would have f'd those playing in R0 for sure. Rookies would miss out on substantial cash gen.
Agree

When it was initially announced rd 0 s ores woukd count to price rise i assumed it wouldn’t be a double rise but just along the lines of how papowski said it may end up being. If that was the way it was it’d be fine and rd 0 scores would be relevant, just less so.

There’s a number of players who are relevant to choose because of the double rise. If it were to turn out it didn’t happen and you chose those players it’d seriously stuff your season.(eg Cameron, even Whitfield given the early bye)

Tom Morris reported that apparently Sean Darcy will miss 6-8 weeks, dunno if true though, but if so Jackson is a lock.
Seems it could be anywhere from 3-8

The mixed reports at least shows there’s enough doubt over Darcy to roll the dice on Jackson (ie role the dice it is minimum 4 weeks but preferable 6+)

2 questions going into my 2nd year of Fantasy.
How to best utilise the utility player option? Is this generally a rookie or midpricer slot? Have Lazzaro in there at the moment but not 100% how he comes into the team score.

How to choose which dual Mid/Fwd players go into the forward line and which players go into the mid?

How to best utilise the utility player option? Is this generally a rookie or midpricer slot? Have Lazzaro in there at the moment but not 100% how he comes into the team score.

How to choose which dual Mid/Fwd players go into the forward line and which players go into the mid?
Usually a rookie.
To maximise flexibility, it is best to have at least 1 extra in each position (rucks you can leave). If you have at least 1 extra mid, def and fwd, it gives you the option to move players around more.

Definitely not a midpricer, it's just an 8th rookie, it is probably your 7th best rookie and it is preferable if it is a DPP player.

1710148885106.png
Flip the card over... Select either M for Mid EMG or F for Fwd EMG
If that's what you are asking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forget this every year......

Do bye round players lock at the start of the round or at the start of the last match of the round?

I'm 99% sure it's the latter but I can never find it in the rules.

Something which I haven't heard mentioned anywhere is how difficult Brodie Grundy's early run is gonna be - this is his first 6 weeks (in brackets, how much rucks averaged against each team in the last 10 rounds last year compared to their average):

COLL (-7.6)
ESS (-13.5)
RICH (-2.3)
WCE (+11.0)
BYE (the hardest of them all)
SUNS (-15.9)

If Essendon keep Draper out of their team for Round 2 it might be a bit easier thankfully, but still some things to think about. With that said, I've got him locked in but it certainly reduces his cash generation early.

Something which I haven't heard mentioned anywhere is how difficult Brodie Grundy's early run is gonna be - this is his first 6 weeks (in brackets, how much rucks averaged against each team in the last 10 rounds last year compared to their average):

COLL (-7.6)
ESS (-13.5)
RICH (-2.3)
WCE (+11.0)
SUNS (-15.9)

If Essendon keep Draper out of their team for Round 2 it might be a bit easier thankfully, but still some things to think about. With that said, I've got him locked in but it certainly reduces his cash generation early.
What's the Melbourne differential? He definitely destroyed whatever it is.

COLL (-7.6)
ESS (-13.5)
RICH (-2.3)
WCE (+11.0)
SUNS (-15.9)

IMO … that’s a great run for Grundy …. even against Witts, Grundy will be too mobile for him

And let’s not talk Goldy …. who will have trouble beating his shadow in a race

IMO … that’s a great run for Grundy …. even against Witts, Grundy will be too mobile for him

Yeah great point, as a Sydney supporter I definitely hope Grundy gets back to his athletic self and monsters some of the slower rucks despite the new ruck rule!

Hey folks. Anyone know where one can source (or calculate) the 'priced at' figure?
The magic number was 9030 (I don't know how/when/or if it changes after each round) to start the year.

Price ÷ 9030 = priced at

E.g Bont is now $1,034,000 ÷ 9030 = 114.5

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong

The match up against Essendon at SCG seems like a dolly to me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back