Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 6 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m planning one next week, gonna try and get Baker in for Wilson (hopefully he scorers well tonight for one last boost)

I’ve only got the two FWD rookies on field now in Reid and Wilson. I’ve seen some teams with multiple still.
My forward line - With Flanders to slot in pending the outcome of tonight's match.
Will aim to get another upgrade done next week for the best 22 stuff.
1713395950376.png

This was the very same sentiment we all had about the midfield rookies just 2 weeks ago. Now we are all rushing to get them off the field for best 22 because they have dropped poor scores. Everyone should be very worried about fielding any forward rookies once best 22 starts back up next week. Wilson Reid and Thomas have all shown they can score 20s 30s and 40s and will probably have poor scores when we need them most in best 22 weeks.

Even though it isn't great, getting in guys like Rankine, Caldwell etc. I would much prefer those guys on field than a forward rook that can pop a 20 or 30 and ruin your week. Which is why I am trying to get the forward line upgraded (as upgraded as it can be at this point in the season) quickly as I feel like you can gain/lose the most points there.
This has been my strategy to start the year - remove FWD rookies off the field ASAP. Unfortunately, it hasn’t worked as well as I’d have liked due to B18 and people forced to field the likes of Dempsey, Gallagher and Thomas to cover bye players and them scoring like premos in some rounds.

It does mean my midfield is weaker than a lot of others (especially those posted in this thread) but I haven’t been burnt just yet due to some of the big dogs stinking it up.

I’m hoping once it’s back to B22 the people still fielding 2 or 3 FWD rooks are scrambling to get them off field, whilst I’m upgrading in the mids, and my plan starts to come to fruition.
msedge_Q3tObYyz10.png

Last edited:
Other thing too is.. I’m assuming everyone’s first trade is McKercher to Graham. That only gets you 150k so unless you’ve carried over 200ish I can’t see where a reasonable upgrade is.

Backline is sorted next week. Forward rooks are scoring just as well as anyone else you’d bring in that isn’t Zorko (who comes with risks) and midfield targets that aren’t Walsh have massive BEs.

Add all that to the fact that the two rookies on offer are DPP and look like they’ll have a good share of mid time puts it in no brainer territory for mine.

Everyone’s got a Jhye Clark type player on their bench that’ll still get you a bit of coin but looks like he’s going nowhere fast. Perfect opportunity with the best 18 to cash that in
Heh, I'd carried over 200ish :D
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 00-18-00 AFL Fantasy.png

Other thing too is.. I’m assuming everyone’s first trade is McKercher to Graham. That only gets you 150k so unless you’ve carried over 200ish I can’t see where a reasonable upgrade is.

Backline is sorted next week. Forward rooks are scoring just as well as anyone else you’d bring in that isn’t Zorko (who comes with risks) and midfield targets that aren’t Walsh have massive BEs.

Add all that to the fact that the two rookies on offer are DPP and look like they’ll have a good share of mid time puts it in no brainer territory for mine.

Everyone’s got a Jhye Clark type player on their bench that’ll still get you a bit of coin but looks like he’s going nowhere fast. Perfect opportunity with the best 18 to cash that in
My backline has probably had the least issues so far and the most consistent scoring. Sheeze, Whit, Young and Clark have done the job, Zilliams when he doesn’t run out of battery at 3QT and Clohesy is playing well enough that you can confidently field him

My forward line - With Flanders to slot in pending the outcome of tonight's match.
Will aim to get another upgrade done next week for the best 22 stuff.
View attachment 1962743
200.gif

This was the very same sentiment we all had about the midfield rookies just 2 weeks ago. Now we are all rushing to get them off the field for best 22 because they have dropped poor scores. Everyone should be very worried about fielding any forward rookies once best 22 starts back up next week. Wilson Reid and Thomas have all shown they can score 20s 30s and 40s and will probably have poor scores when we need them most in best 22 weeks.

Even though it isn't great, getting in guys like Rankine, Caldwell etc. I would much prefer those guys on field than a forward rook that can pop a 20 or 30 and ruin your week. Which is why I am trying to get the forward line upgraded (as upgraded as it can be at this point in the season) quickly as I feel like you can gain/lose the most points there.
Yeah true but I feel those options are almost just as risky. Caldwell has put it together 3 weeks in a row which is promising but has done similar before then faded. Lukosius has some very sketchy games coming up for his scoring style. Rankine - who’s knows what’s going on at the Crows.

Would hate to see a 40 but I feel Reid and Wilson are on an upward trajectory and growing into the season. If you saw a 60 from one of these other guys I’d feel just as disappointed.

Also by doing to double downgrade this week in a best 18 week, it means I’ll probably be getting that same rookie off field next week to a better player whilst also keeping the BEs low on the bench

Yeah true but I feel those options are almost just as risky. Caldwell has put it together 3 weeks in a row which is promising but has done similar before then faded. Lukosius has some very sketchy games coming up for his scoring style. Rankine - who’s knows what’s going on at the Crows.

Would hate to see a 40 but I feel Reid and Wilson are on an upward trajectory and growing into the season. If you saw a 60 from one of these other guys I’d feel just as disappointed.

Also by doing to double downgrade this week in a best 18 week, it means I’ll probably be getting that same rookie off field next week to a better player whilst also keeping the BEs low on the bench
That is the risk with punting on mid pricers, at least with paying up for a Flanders or a Zorko, you know what you get, which is why I'm happy to run Reid and Wilson for another week.

Wilson in particular has scored well against some good teams.

Yeah probably, but from an outsider looking in it would make sense to run with Laird, Dawson, Rankine and Soligo. Just seems a more balanced and dynamic mix.

Oh I agree 100%
Would love to see them bring in Dowling or Curtin but I feel like they wont.

That's all well and good, but mid rookies have also shown that they can drop 30s and 40s/50s.

Harley and WC had a V.difficult start to the season, they are getting easier match ups now, and now you can be fairly confident in his current role, he is good for a 60 avg. Similar with Dempsey, can be fairly confident with a 60 score.

Caldwell has been in the system 5+ years, has not had a role change, what's stopping g him from going back to his 60s when Setterfield and Perkins return in a couple of weeks.
Luko has 2 games coming up in NT, notorious for poor fantasy scoring

My point is to look for best value, no matter which part of your field

To trade out MCrouch or take the hit during a best 18 round? That's my big question.

Being a best 18 week I think I'll hold him and take the risk... and do a double downgrade which will allow me to upgrade D'Ambrosio to a premo defender next week

1713407595796.png

This leaves me with $333k in the bank, should be enough to upgrade D'Ambrosio to a Daicos or someone similar. Was really tempted to go MCrouch into Walsh instead, but this feels like the 'sensible' thing to do.

Last edited:
That is the risk with punting on mid pricers, at least with paying up for a Flanders or a Zorko, you know what you get, which is why I'm happy to run Reid and Wilson for another week.

Wilson in particular has scored well against some good teams.
Wilson has also scored well late in games with his elite fitness, and don't think Ross the Boss doesn't know that too!

To trade out MCrouch or take the hit during a best 18 round? That's my big question.

Being a best 18 week I think I'll hold him and take the risk... and do a double downgrade which will allow me to upgrade D'Ambrosio to a premo defender next week

View attachment 1962854

This leaves me with $333k in the bank, should be enough to upgrade D'Ambrosio to a Daicos or someone similar. Was really tempted to go MCrouch into Walsh instead, but this feels like the 'sensible' thing to do.
North are the last game - if Zurhaar is named and Drury is named on the extended bench you will have a nervous weekend :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1962854

I'm doing something similar. I have Crouch and taking the donut and also double downgrading.

Howes>Graham
McKercher>Garcia

That will leave me with over 500k in the bank for next week.

North are the last game - if Zurhaar is named and Drury is named on the extended bench you will have a nervous weekend :D
Yeah he won’t be on field for me, rookie downgrade (I know best 18 but if im relying on him to get me across the line I think I’m in trouble regardless)

Edit: after giving it a bit more thought I’ve changed it to Garcia (StK)

Last edited:
I'm doing something similar. I have Crouch and taking the donut and also double downgrading.

Howes>Graham
McKercher>Garcia

That will leave me with over 500k in the bank for next week.
Same here but DMass > Graham
$525k into next
If HGarcia is sub then Nyuon/RGarcia
$503/$437k next
RGarcia with Bevo??😟

Interesting tweet put out by Jaiden Popowski. Of the top 10,000 (counts me in) 5,941 don't have all of Heeney, Sheezel and Steele.
A staggering 1819 don't have both Heeney and Sheezel (me again)
1493 don't have Steel and Sheezel,
Drops to just 281 don't have both Heeney and Steele (me again)

Sheezel the highest non-ownership at 376, followed by Heeney at 46, then Steele at 36

Interesting tweet put out by Jaiden Popowski. Of the top 10,000 (counts me in) 5,941 don't have all of Heeney, Sheezel and Steele.

Sheezel the highest non-ownership at 376, followed by Heeney at 46, then Steele at 36

Hat Chat last night suggesting now isn't the time to go for Steele, but instead focus on the value plays, but part of me does think that having Steele in addition to Sheezel (I don't have Heeney either) is actually a value play in some ways. Still tossing up whether to hold or fold on Dawson..

Dawson to Steele just feels like an easy win, but if Steele puts out a 110 tonight and Dawson manages to ton up then all of a sudden it looks a bit pointless.

I’ve had all of them since start.
Now ranked 16000
Maybe another story in that 😬

Hat Chat last night suggesting now isn't the time to go for Steele, but instead focus on the value plays, but part of me does think that having Steele in addition to Sheezel (I don't have Heeney either) is actually a value play in some ways. Still tossing up whether to hold or fold on Dawson..

Dawson to Steele just feels like an easy win, but if Steele puts out a 110 tonight and Dawson manages to ton up then all of a sudden it looks a bit pointless.
I hear ya - in the same situation with Brayshaw to be honest. No plans to trade him as much as I would like to - I have much bigger fish to fry down the order of value. I'd stick with Dawson, I'd like to get him eventually.

Yeah he won’t be on field for me, rookie downgrade (I know best 18 but if im relying on him to get me across the line I think I’m in trouble regardless)
Yeah, it was not so much whether on your bench or not, but whether he gets the same game time, even if named. -26 is a nice place to start though. Be really keen to hear from some people willing to admit to barracking for North and what the thoughts around the Club is for Drury? Last year we were hearing he was highly regarded. Rnd 1 Pick in the 2022 Rookie Draft, so a lot where chosen before him in the National Draft.

Yeah, it was not so much whether on your bench or not, but whether he gets the same game time, even if named. -26 is a nice place to start though. Be really keen to hear from some people willing to admit to barracking for North and what the thoughts around the Club is for Drury? Last year we were hearing he was highly regarded. Rnd 1 Pick in the 2022 Rookie Draft, so a lot where chosen before him in the National Draft.
Yeah it’s a coin flip between him and HGarcia for me. Garcia has the security of being a green dot on Thursday night, Drury has the higher average and the -26 BE. Reckon I’ll play it safe and go with Garcia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back