Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Garry Lyon was quite effusive in his praise for Freo in On The Couch on Fox last night, which makes a change.

A big wrap for Young as a midfielder and thinks we are building something special.
I think it is Treacy that gets people excited about us. If he ends up a 50 goal forward then suddenly we have the best spine in the league (once the forwards mature).

The Freo vs North rebuilds should really be dissected by an ex list manager and have a massive article done on them. One received no help, booted a proven top coach for an unproven one, lost multiple good players consistently, blew trade loads on Hogans and Lobbs yet is exiting a rebuild stacked with young talent, 3 1st rounds picks and capspace.

The other received lots of help, lost mainly old duds, picked up who was regarded as the best coach of the last 20 years and is still uncompetitive with no signs it will change any time soon.

It really is crazy how different the two builds have turned out. Our drafting has been elite and Walls deserves a statue for his 2020 efforts alone

Hopefully we all still remember Mitchell kneeing Fyfe and getting SFA for it despite it not being a footy act and being off the ball. AFL and MRP have got form disregarding our players when it comes to crap like this. Guarantee if the roles were reversed the book would have been thrown at us

The Freo vs North rebuilds should really be dissected by an ex list manager and have a massive article done on them. One received no help, booted a proven top coach for an unproven one, lost multiple good players consistently, blew trade loads on Hogans and Lobbs yet is exiting a rebuild stacked with young talent, 3 1st rounds picks and capspace.

The other received lots of help, lost mainly old duds, picked up who was regarded as the best coach of the last 20 years and is still uncompetitive with no signs it will change any time soon.

It really is crazy how different the two builds have turned out. Our drafting has been elite and Walls deserves a statue for his 2020 efforts alone
Great post Snuff but you know if an article is written by the VIC media the headline will be “ North to head hunt Walls ( AFL will pay his salary)”.🤦🏻‍♂️

Great post Snuff but you know if an article is written by the VIC media the headline will be “ North to head hunt Walls ( AFL will pay his salary)”.🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm not that cynical but maybe even if the very good people at The Mongrel Punt want to use the idea I reckon it would be an incredible read though maybe a bit delicate of a topic

Shoosh, or the afl with will take off our 3 first rounders and give them North Melbourne 😉

Hopefully we all still remember Mitchell kneeing Fyfe and getting SFA for it despite it not being a footy act and being off the ball. AFL and MRP have got form disregarding our players when it comes to crap like this. Guarantee if the roles were reversed the book would have been thrown at us
Did this have any connection to his broken leg in the finals that year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not that cynical but maybe even if the very good people at The Mongrel Punt want to use the idea I reckon it would be an incredible read though maybe a bit delicate of a topic
You know those nuffies just read BigFooty posts, scouring through for the latest tittle-tattle to expunge the average footy brain of all common sense with their gossip columns! There's still a few more unbiased, in-depth journalists but they're few and far between. Maybe when time permits, you can have that written here, seeing as you thought it. Let all those lickspittle sponge brained bratflackers (Morris!) get their own ideas

Did this have any connection to his broken leg in the finals that year?

Yep. IIRC this was the initial injury/weakening of Fyfes leg and the broken leg in the finals later on was an extension/aggregation of that.

If good guy Sam hadn’t sniped Fyfe in the first place, that leg break in the finals probably wouldn’t have happened

How long has Dodoro been involved in drafting at Essendon? 25 years. With the complete lack of AFL concessions and Father Sons, Freo would be the laughing stock of the comp with a list manager like that. Walls is a gun.

How long has Dodoro been involved in drafting at Essendon? 25 years. With the complete lack of AFL concessions and Father Sons, Freo would be the laughing stock of the comp with a list manager like that. Walls is a gun.
Dodo is the greatest cockroach to ever be involved in the AFL. Even now there's talk his "stepping back" has basically just been him let Rosa be the front man while he's still in everything. How a list manager can accomplish nothing, literally nothing, in 25 years and keep a job is unreal. He makes sure he control over enough people at the club he cant be removed

Has our rebuild been a success yet.

Yeah things are promising but 1 finals win in 8 years since the club committed to a rebuild at end of 2016.

I am not popping the champagne just yet I want to see a deep September run in the next 18 months.

We still haven't found that x-factor medium/tall sized forward/mid that can change a game like a petracca as an example.

Yes there rare but it's the one missing piece in our roster.

Yeah things are promising but 1 finals win in 8 years since the club committed to a rebuild at end of 2016.

I am not popping the champagne just yet I want to see a deep September run in the next 18 months.

We still haven't found that x-factor medium/tall sized forward/mid that can change a game like a petracca as an example.

It’s been a success in terms of personnel. Only real spot we’re lacking is a good small forward. Not every team needs that star goal kicking mid to change a game if everything else works well enough.

Also a rebuild is never gonna get you 100% of the team you want. I’d say 90% is a successful rebuild and we’ve succeeded, especially considering the high player movement and lack of any help from the AFL

I can assure you that if that incident occurred in a final, it would be play on.

The AFL, "I see nothinnnnnnnng".

Good to see WC embracing Sir Doug Nicholls rnd and renaming themselves Waalitj Marawar. Not sure how a number of their supporters will take it. Glad I don't have facebook so I should be spared the worst.

Good to see WC embracing Sir Doug Nicholls rnd and renaming themselves Waalitj Marawar. Not sure how a number of their supporters will take it. Glad I don't have facebook so I should be spared the worst.
I love the Walyalup name, and the shield the club used last year was fire.

Have you heard of the bloke they call Youngy might just be your man

Rebuild is successful once we win a premiership!

Until then it is just on a journey.

Until that final siren sounds we cant view the complete success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back