Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wot we are heroes who saved the world by uploading a virus from.an ancient MacBook to blow up the alien mothership!?!?!

We were too preoccupied with whether or not we could win a flag, we didn’t stop to think if we should

(Yes I know it’s not the same film)

That scene is so ****ing stupid. Belief couldn't be suspended any further.

There's a deleted scene where it shows him developing it, testing and implementing it. The cinematic release of him just connecting and uploading a virus makes so sense at all. Something about how they were using the satellites for communication opened a vulnerability or something slightly more believable

There's a deleted scene where it shows him developing it, testing and implementing it. The cinematic release of him just connecting and uploading a virus makes so sense at all. Something about how they were using the satellites for communication opened a vulnerability or something slightly more believable
I hope that scene is about 10 years long because I don't believe anyone cracks an entirely different computing system inside a couple of days AND finds a way to interface with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got the article by Eliza from Code Sports about Freo doing something about their boring game style and plan.
Something about Switta??

I met freo's head of wellbeing and their wellbeing dog the other day. Great step by the club in terms of wellbeing and a club-wide welfare focus.

The head of wellbeing (Angie?) said a lot of players who weren't dog people and used to refer to the dog as "dog" now get down and give it a hug, pat etc. and call her by her name (Winnie). When they were doing focus group type stuff to figure out if/what type of dog freo as a club/organisation needed, she said a few of the mens players requested a "dog big enoug that they could tackle and wrestle with" so that says a lot about how beneficial something like this is for a lot of us.

A lot of talk by her and the players about burnout, fatigue etc. and both managing & how to identify it before it becomes a huge problem. Credit to the club for actually looking at things from another perspective, as opposed to focussing heavily on an "at all costs" type mentality that leaves players, staff, coaches burnt out after a few seasons of intense effort with little regard for the cost on bodies, minds etc. (think 2012-2015 and how long it took to recover from that)

I met freo's head of wellbeing and their wellbeing dog the other day. Great step by the club in terms of wellbeing and a club-wide welfare focus.

The head of wellbeing (Angie?) said a lot of players who weren't dog people and used to refer to the dog as "dog" now get down and give it a hug, pat etc. and call her by her name (Winnie). When they were doing focus group type stuff to figure out if/what type of dog freo as a club/organisation needed, she said a few of the mens players requested a "dog big enoug that they could tackle and wrestle with" so that says a lot about how beneficial something like this is for a lot of us.

A lot of talk by her and the players about burnout, fatigue etc. and both managing & how to identify it before it becomes a huge problem. Credit to the club for actually looking at things from another perspective, as opposed to focussing heavily on an "at all costs" type mentality that leaves players, staff, coaches burnt out after a few seasons of intense effort with little regard for the cost on bodies, minds etc. (think 2012-2015 and how long it took to recover from that)
This is really cool. Thanks heaps for the insight.

said a lot of players who weren't dog people and used to refer to the dog as "dog"
Well there's a red flag if I've ever seen one! You psychopaths!

Though, good to see that the club were serious enough by bringing in Winnie but also spending two first-rounders on a Labrador from Melbourne

This is really cool. Thanks heaps for the insight.

Well there's a red flag if I've ever seen one! You psychopaths!

Though, good to see that the club were serious enough by bringing in Winnie but also spending two first-rounders on a Labrador from Melbourne
Agreed, loved your post and insight im_a_lazy_sod . When I heard about Winnie I thought that's a brilliant move by the club. From personal experience a Blue Heeler would be great too for some players wanting some rough and tumble - mine once ran into my hills hoist head first, at pace - paused for a few microseconds then carried on like nothing had happened at all. Bloody indestructible. Plus really friendly with people and gentle with kids.

You know how you might be familiar with things in one context but when you see them in a place they don't belong it seems particularly perculiar. For example there is a scene in the Adam Sandler/Seth Rogen film Funny People where Eric Bana is playing a mad St Kilda supporter.

So to my point. I was browsing the Collingwood board looking for what they were saying about Lachie Schultz when I ran into a post about Matt Tabenar. I know we all know about Tabenar and can have in depth discussion about the nuances of what he brings and takes away from the team but that's us. I had no idea he was known outside this board. Screenshot_20240310-214716.png

You know how you might be familiar with things in one context but when you see them in a place they don't belong it seems particularly perculiar. For example there is a scene in the Adam Sandler/Seth Rogen film Funny People where Eric Bana is playing a mad St Kilda supporter.

So to my point. I was browsing the Collingwood board looking for what they were saying about Lachie Schultz when I ran into a post about Matt Tabenar. I know we all know about Tabenar and can have in depth discussion about the nuances of what he brings and takes away from the team but that's us. I had no idea he was known outside this board. View attachment 1924727
they are trying to deflect attention away from what a utensil Cox has been

While there is discussion about dogs, I noted in an Errol Gulden interview he referred to playing like a pit bull vs a poodle.
My 5kg toy poodle, Luna (short for Lunatic) has been known to want to attack pit bulls & the like.
Lucky for her, I keep her on a leash, but if any player had her fight, he would be a dynamo.
What's the old saying? It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So to my point. I was browsing the Collingwood board looking for what they were saying about Lachie Schultz when I ran into a post about Matt Tabenar. I know we all know about Tabenar and can have in depth discussion about the nuances of what he brings and takes away from the team but that's us. I had no idea he was known outside this board. View attachment 1924727
Shhhhh, don't say anything. We might be able to trick them out of another future 1st.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back