Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sack Hinkley Thread is going to be a must watch over the next few days

Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

I dont think i could be part of a place that hates their coach that much.
I think most of it's justified, maybe not any actual hatred, but there's reasons to be angry at the ever unchanging situation for Port fans. The problem is that the frustration has just had so long to build. It's also on management who are more focused on being stable than making tough decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The key is to never listen to the radio, never watch FTA local news and never buy the Crowvertiser. Also try not to talk to other locals, which you can only do to an extent.
I remember when the Tippett saga was on I was having a look/listen to the SA football media and the two things that struck me was how bad it was and how many people involved were Crows ambassadors.

I knew Rucci (then the Advertiser's chief football writer) was bad, but didn't know that everyone was equally terrible.
When the Tippett issue was first broken by Caro & Emma Quayle in The Age, Rucci had no idea what was going on and just took a wild swing that it was somehow related to payments to Joel Tippett who was playing in the SANFL at the time.

Rucci is apparently a rusted on Port Adelaide man.
Again it was Caro that broke the story that Ken Hinkley was about to be appointed as PA coach.
So you're a Port Adelaide supporter, the Chief Football writer for Adelaide's paper and Port have so little respect for you that the story is broken by a Mebourne based writer.

To be fair his ignorance and stupidity was beaten by Graham Cornes.
One of the cheerleading Crows ambassadors but even for him the suggestion that the Swans were going to take the AFL to court to overturn Tippett's ban seem a bit farfetched.
Particularly as such action was going to be taken prior to the PSD and therefore of course before the Swans had any 'rights' to Tippett.

I do pity our brethren in SA and WA.
I actually think the coverage in SA is even more full on.
The West have Harley Reid on the back page for 120 days in a row (approx)

If he'd ended up at the Crows I'm tipping the number of days wouldn't have changed, just that the coverage would have been on the front cover of The Advertiser.

If Carlton are legit the current state of the Pies should be a side that they put away

If Collingwood want to get their season back on track they need a win

Man, AFL journalism really isn't hard is it?

A fun game to play on the back patio would be "What club is Orazio Fantasia playing for this year"

Would kill at least half an hour

A fun game to play on the back patio would be "What club is Orazio Fantasia playing for this year"

Would kill at least half an hour
Only rich people like good self has patios my good man.

Better caesar88 ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back