Game Day 2023 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I also couldnt give a * if the ex player is going for his own team if he is say the boundary rider or maybe special comments, prefer they balance it out. But i think the caller of the game should make it so you could never guess who they actually support

Darcy says some dumb crap and overdoes it, eg Cripps a great of the game, but would still take him over Hamish. He just talks and asks questions. Just call the *en game

Give us Huddo, Jason Bennett, that Brenton Speed ? think thats his name, people who just commentate.

Worse still, Jobe sounds like he is yelling over a helicopter and just interrupts constantly to say the obvious, ohh a goal would put them 6 points closer.

Daisy is a token woman, because she is *en pathetic. She knows her footy , but starts a point then forgets and stutters, and stops every time, its nails on a chalk board.

BT ??? why is a commentator? he was ok on radio to be fair, as was JB, but it sort of fit on MMM, the whole in house wank fest is OTT and BT is just clearly going for one team over another every game, worse if its a pies or tigers call.

Luke Hodge isn't terrible, he probably limits his comments, Richo is ok on a boundary , but not in the box.

The standard is shithouse, every caller and presenter doesn't need to be an ex player, just give me good presenters

I just wish there was an option to mute the commentators and just listen to the atmosphere.

Darcy says some dumb crap and overdoes it, eg Cripps a great of the game, but would still take him over Hamish. He just talks and asks questions. Just call the *en game

Give us Huddo, Jason Bennett, that Brenton Speed ? think thats his name, people who just commentate.

Worse still, Jobe sounds like he is yelling over a helicopter and just interrupts constantly to say the obvious, ohh a goal would put them 6 points closer.

Daisy is a token woman, because she is *en pathetic. She knows her footy , but starts a point then forgets and stutters, and stops every time, its nails on a chalk board.

BT ??? why is a commentator? he was ok on radio to be fair, as was JB, but it sort of fit on MMM, the whole in house wank fest is OTT and BT is just clearly going for one team over another every game, worse if its a pies or tigers call.

Luke Hodge isn't terrible, he probably limits his comments, Richo is ok on a boundary , but not in the box.

The standard is shithouse, every caller and presenter doesn't need to be an ex player, just give me good presenters
Spot on. It’s actually a disgrace what we have to put up with.

Dennis Cometti, Bruce, Tim lane, Hudson, even Whately are actual football commentators.

What BT, Darce, Hame, JB and most other Channel 7 caller serves up is boorish, Blokey or worse sycophantic to either Vic teams or the AFL.

It burns the ears, I am convinced they make the commentary this bad to force greater attendance at games to avoid their commentary.

In what league would the CEO’s brother be a key part of the broadcast. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else in the world, it’s all connected and amateur.

I actually would listen to a Swans only commentary, as I have given up with the AFL media.

Like it or at least a revolt by the interstate clubs, so vic centric it’s a joke

One thing that will hold the league back is the continued boys club appointments and vic centric nature of the comp.

Looking at other league across the globe it os quite obvious

One thing that will hold the league back is the continued boys club appointments and vic centric nature of the comp.

Looking at other league across the globe it os quite obvious

I just want a competition where you can go yep that team won it fair and square without bullshit.

Next week we get a team that has played at a ground for a total of 17 times while the opposition preparation and introduction to that venue has been TWICE.

Not to mention what the intimidation factor of 100k people can do to young players.

Then for some reason when they do get Melbourne games its at MARVEL.

Why do we do this? why do we not have a proper 17 round H@A season where everybody plays each other twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As well as Stevic the commentary was so biased by Darcy and Gils flog brother .
Darcy said Cripps is a great of the game !
Many complaints have been made about the commentary as out of control bias - which it was. Not that channel 7 will take any notice , if the buffoons Brayshaw & BT are on this Saturday I’m going to try and synchronise radios& the teve Instead

The hate for Matt Stevic on twitter is unbelievable , the rat gifted them 3 goals early
100%, they were all disgraceful but the 50 (and certain goal) killed me. When you look at the replay, he was still blowing his *ingg whistle when the Lion kicked it away. Giving a 50 for that is unforgivable in a prelim!!

100%, they were all disgraceful but the 50 (and certain goal) killed me. When you look at the replay, he was still blowing his *ingg whistle when the Lion kicked it away. Giving a 50 for that is unforgivable in a prelim!!
The best thing about the Lions performance was they took the umpiring out of the equation by dominating Carlton for 3 quarters.

At least the Collingwood army won’t be as potent as normal seeing as they only get 17000 tickets for each competing club. I just hope the Lions kill Em.
While I agree with this, it's bullshit that only 34,000 actual fans get to go.

You always hear people trot out the excuse, "the rest of the country can't have a grand final because the grounds don't hold enough people." Yet 70000 seats are wasted.

Last night reminded me how much I liked the Gabba for footy and cricket. The Planned Gabba improvements will be great.

We need a new stadium in Sydney. The SCG is not longer up to it .

We need a 80k plus stadium with a roof.

Many complaints have been made about the commentary as out of control bias - which it was. Not that channel 7 will take any notice , if the buffoons Brayshaw & BT are on this Saturday I’m going to try and synchronise radios& the teve Instead
It's about time we had that option on Kayo. Would be an awesome point of difference and I'd defs prefer radio call whilst watching it.

The guernesy was held and the motion of it took De Goey to ground, completely stopping his forward momentum. You can still see the Giants player holding it as they go sliding on the ground. How is the tackle not completed?
From Champion data
The defintion of tackle
Tackle: Using physical contact to prevent an opponent getting an effective disposal.
Nothing about forward momentum being stopped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back