Game Day 2023 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be the lions next week. Even if the midfields break even, the lions forward line is just way classier, and the pies now have a McSpray shaped hole up forward as well.

Turns it over less then Gulden and Warner

I think he would be great to have in the middle.

Prefer him to Cripps

nah… he’s a hack kick like Parker from clearances…

Cripps was rubbish. Maybe injured.

Curnow really didn't have a good finals series, it's almost like when you don't play North and West Coast twice it's hard to kick goals!

I think Collingwood would have been a good match up for him.

Not excusing his September , he failed , but he also faced Andrews, May, Mccartin types etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an incredible recruit Daniher has been. 22+ games, 47+ goals and now a Grand Final.

Amazing considering the reservations when he wanted to come to us.
I agree when Daniher's good he's very good, but given his injury history those reservations were valid. He only managed four games for the year he would've started with the Swans. He'd have been useful as a chock under the wheels to stop Horse's car rolling but not much else. Reid was out injured for most of the same year and still managed almost twice as many goals.

Looking at a same-age comparison with our 2023 stock of tall forwards, Daniher was roughly on a par with McDonald at age 21 but behind both McLean and Amartey at age 24. While the current 29 yr old Daniher, may be playing some his best footy, he's still miles behind Buddy at the same age.

It's easy to look at decisions in retrospect, but I'm confident we made the right decision not to blow a big chunk of salary cap given Daniher's risk of further injuries vs. what he brings as a forward.

I'm happy that we have a great group of talented young tall forwards who only lack in experience of playing together post Buddy. They'll gel better, play better and get stronger with each preseason under their belts. They're in thick with our young group of players on their journey to greatness, and I'm willing to bet at least two of them become better forwards than Daniher by age 29.

If any Melbourne based fan is able to make up a sign with a picture of Daicos ripping Toby Greens head off and have a caption of "this is how Collingwood make a Grand Final" ready for the grandfinal parade that would be absolutly amazing

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Not re-writing history.

Andrew was a Swans stalwart, played close over 200 games, Josh could have been taken as a Father-Son pick.

Bridges can always be mended.

Best for all parties he didn't, not that fussed we didn't

I agree when Daniher's good he's very good, but given his injury history those reservations were valid. He only managed four games for the year he would've started with the Swans. He'd have been useful as a chock under the wheels to stop Horse's car rolling but not much else. Reid was out injured for most of the same year and still managed almost twice as many goals.

Looking at a same-age comparison with our 2023 stock of tall forwards, Daniher was roughly on a par with McDonald at age 21 but behind both McLean and Amartey at age 24. While the current 29 yr old Daniher, may be playing some his best footy, he's still miles behind Buddy at the same age.

It's easy to look at decisions in retrospect, but I'm confident we made the right decision not to blow a big chunk of salary cap given Daniher's risk of further injuries vs. what he brings as a forward.

I'm happy that we have a great group of talented young tall forwards who only lack in experience of playing together post Buddy. They'll gel better, play better and get stronger with each preseason under their belts. They're in thick with our young group of players on their journey to greatness, and I'm willing to bet at least two of them become better forwards than Daniher by age 29.

Didn't we agree to take Daniher but not get the trade done?

I am not heartbroken either , but I would have been happy to get him if we had of .

But yeah who knows what then happens

Not re-writing history.

Andrew was a Swans stalwart, played close over 200 games, Josh could have been taken as a Father-Son pick.

Dunkley would have already left us if we did draft him

Didn't we agree to take Daniher but not get the trade done?

I am not heartbroken either , but I would have been happy to get him if we had of .

But yeah who knows what then happens

Be thankful we didn't among other things we wouldn't have Logan. Just be thankful Dodoro was up to his usual things

Not re-writing history.

Dunkley stated he didn't want to come to us... unless another non-Vic team picked him up then we could select him as a father-son pick. To that, I say * right off. You don't want toxic s**t like that in your club. To his credit when he didn't like what he saw at the Bravedogs he hardened up, weened himself off his mothers breast and put on his big boy pants.

As an aside I hope Andrew Dunkley is happier with the club these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back