Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

God idea.

Reidy in for Cox
Walker in for Worner
Young back, start Erasmus.
We can’t play Reidy IMO. He’s not good enough.
Need to think the next few weeks as a collective. Yes north haven’t a great ruck, but Riley o Brien and Tom DeKoning would monster Reidy.
Our dominance yesterday stemmed from Ruck domination and the mids getting on top.
Much rather see Davies or draper get a look in. Hopefully Chappy back by R3 or 4 then

Out: Worner, Cox, McDonald
In: Walker, Voss, JOM/Erasmus
Cooper Simpson into the 24

Walker Pearce Clark
Young Ryan Aish
Johnson Fyfe Sharp
Switta Treacy Frederick
Walters Amiss Emmett
Jackson Brayshaw Serong
Hughes Banfield Erasmus Voss JOM Simpson

I would imagine we are looking at something along the lines of:

Out: Cox, OMac, Worner, Erasmus
In: Voss, Draper, Walker, JOM

Don’t underestimate the Roos this year especially in the early rounds on a fast deck at Marvel.

Keep Jackson in the ruck. If Walker is ready come in for Worner, but if not Banners did enough back there. JOM will come straight in on the wing/hff. Voss will give as much as Cox did in the fwd line and we just have to roll the dice with Draper.

Also let’s be real. We have 3 forced changes..that will be it. 3 in 3 out. Erasmus stays as sub.

Johnson won’t be dropped after one.

Emmet pressure acts were good but hopeless ball in hand. The thing is there isn’t much else in the sheds for his spot other than Simpson who plays differently.

We need to keep the personnel the same as much as we can in the early rounds to build the chemistry and connection. That plus our supreme fitness may hold us in good stead early season.

I doubt they change plan and go with two rucks now, Reidy will no doubt be named in the squad again as cover for an injury. But that’s it.

If I had to guess, I think Taberner gets the first shot ahead of Voss. And personally I’d go with Davies ahead of Draper as a defender.

Leave Young in the middle. And Banfield to play as a defensive forward on Sheezel. I’d rather let a North forward run free than not shut him down.

In - Walker, Taberner, Davies

I doubt they change plan and go with two rucks now, Reidy will no doubt be named in the squad again as cover for an injury. But that’s it.

If I had to guess, I think Taberner gets the first shot ahead of Voss. And personally I’d go with Davies ahead of Draper as a defender.

Leave Young in the middle. And Banfield to play as a defensive forward on Sheezel. I’d rather let a North forward run free than not shut him down.

In - Walker, Taberner, Davies
Agree with this. I like Draper, but he doesn't play like a KPP at the moment. He's a budget Blakey at the moment which is exciting but you don't want him manning a dangerous tall.

A fully fit Taberner getting the 2nd or 3rd KPD at North right now could do some damage. Voss is unknown but looked better in the Port game. I think either could be effective.

Agree with this. I like Draper, but he doesn't play like a KPP at the moment. He's a budget Blakey at the moment which is exciting but you don't want him manning a dangerous tall.

A fully fit Taberner getting the 2nd or 3rd KPD at North right now could do some damage. Voss is unknown but looked better in the Port game. I think either could be effective.
do north even have a dangerous tall outside of larkey?

larkey - pearce
zurhaar - ryan
coleman jones? - hughes?

do we need to bring in another KPD?

walker played for peel, did he go alright? presume he can come in for worner, what about JOM off half back?

do north even have a dangerous tall outside of larkey?

larkey - pearce
zurhaar - ryan
coleman jones? - hughes?

do we need to bring in another KPD?

walker played for peel, did he go alright? presume he can come in for worner, what about JOM off half back?
Maybe not against North, but I am pretty sure the replacement is getting a good run at it. Might as well settle them from this week.

We have the Crows and Blues after, so definitely need another KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I reckon it’s more about keeping our structure and getting games into someone than about North actually having decent forwards.

Seems like they’ll probably debut a guy in Tyler Sellers. The question is whether he replaces Coleman-Jones or they go tall and play both.

If it ends up that Ryan can play smaller and intercept more, then that’s not a bad thing.

How important is Cox to our on-field success? I've got him as a Top 5 player, but I could be wrong. He just doesn't seem to have any like-for-like replacement.

Chapman will cover for McDonald I'm not too worried about that, barring any further injuries.

We can’t play Reidy IMO. He’s not good enough.
Need to think the next few weeks as a collective. Yes north haven’t a great ruck, but Riley o Brien and Tom DeKoning would monster Reidy.
Our dominance yesterday stemmed from Ruck domination and the mids getting on top.
Much rather see Davies or draper get a look in. Hopefully Chappy back by R3 or 4 then
I agree, would prefer Draper or Davies.

Ryan is going to pick up another AA nod playing as key defender again. Draper might be taller but will go on the mobile third tall if he comes in which I’m all for. They have to bring someone in and he’s next in line from what I’ve seen.

Chapman can take his or Hughes spot when ready.

How important is Cox to our on-field success? I've got him as a Top 5 player, but I could be wrong. He just doesn't seem to have any like-for-like replacement.

Chapman will cover for McDonald I'm not too worried about that, barring any further injuries.
OMac would’ve been enough cover for him imo. Nice player to have but provided you have the right defensive mix he’s not the hardest to replace.

Both of them out now is gonna be costly

Do we need a 3rd tall looking at Roos backline they look small and fast with Sheezel kerch and fisher maybe Ras can play fwd for cox and let him take banfields role while Banfield tags a half back

Out: Worner, McDonald, Cox, Erasmus
In: walker, Voss, Simpson, JOM (sub)

Banfield to stay down back, simpson into fwd line. Voss for cox. JOM in for Raz as sub

I think the speed and skill of simpson will add to our fwd line and him Switta (who was excellent yesterday) and Freddy providing pace and crumbs off our 3 big strong fwds smashing packs!

Back