Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the AFLPA come out and actually protect the validity of the ******* player contracts that, as things stand, means both Jake and Paddy are Essendon players. * sake.

How about the AFLPA come out and actually protect the validity of the ******* player contracts that, as things stand, means both Jake and Paddy are Essendon players. **** sake.
This is the organisation that had Willy Wonka in charge until recently. Are you really surprised?

Clubs encouraging players to break contract basen on breach clause is pretty outrageous....(1) Even if the breach clause applies, it's horrendous form for clubs to be proactively contacting players advising them to do so and (2) this would end if somebody would officially state that the clause cannot be invoked on the back of the supplements issue.

Why hasn't point 2 been forthcoming? Club has, I think, only said they'd fight if clause was invoked, not they that they categorically understand that it does not apply to this scenario. Based on media reports other clubs, Ryder's management and apparently the AFLPA believe it may apply.

Right now, I just can't share others confidence that the breach clause cannot be applied.

yeah the idea that other clubs and managers now appear to have carte blanche to approach our players mid-contract and induce them to leave is unbelievable. It is not acceptable. The AFL and the AFLPA, whatever issues they may have with Essendon, need to sort this out. Otherwise let's just topple the whole house of cards that is the draft and salary cap and nuke the entire system. The idea that they can be ok with even the concept of having the guts of this team being ripped out for no compensation whatsoever is extraordinary

yeah the idea that other clubs and managers now appear to have carte blanche to approach our players mid-contract and induce them to leave is unbelievable. It is not acceptable. The AFL and the AFLPA, whatever issues they may have with Essendon, need to sort this out. Otherwise let's just topple the whole house of cards that is the draft and salary cap and nuke the entire system. The idea that they can be ok with even the concept of having the guts of this team being ripped out for no compensation whatsoever is extraordinary
It sets a pretty dangerous precedent for the AFL, too.

We need to see the evidence used for the SC notices to determine whether the club has brought this on ourselves, or whether it has been brought on by the govt, AFL and media.

Until then there should be no mention of "the clause". If it turns out there's a legitimate program that was agreed to and signed up to by the playing group then imo there is no clause to leverage in order to break a contract.

I genuinely would go out of my way now to make sure I do NOTHING to assist any of the other clubs now.

I remember donating to the Dogs when I was a young fella to avoid merger with Fitzroy, bought a Richmond membership under my wifes name five years ago when they were struggling with debt, and made sure a bought tickets to each away game against North.

No more - I'd grill up a steak as they all burned to the ******* ground now.

You helped North? :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no.

The AFL are are law unto themselves.

I dare say one bright, shiny win to come out of this disgusting debacle - the AFL will no longer have an easy time 'managing' an outcome at the expense of fairness.

And currently has a bloke in charge who came out all guns blazing against Harcourt only to strangely aboutface 5 minutes later.. great guy, fantastic job, so much respect.
The impact of the initial statement wasn't completely lost, though.

I personally think we should approach players from the other 11 clubs that have admitted to not having any accountability whatsoever and see how they react.

Dayne Beams wants out? Perfect, DFA here we come

I think Carlisle cleared this up last week didn't he??

Yeah.. I 'd love to see him go to court and explain to the Judge how he was really concerned about how the club had treated him and was desperate to get out... but instead issued the statements:
"I'm really happy at Essendon and looking forward to the future," Carlisle said
"I spoke to Jake in the afternoon and he laughed at the suggestion that he would leave the Bombers."
"He loves the Club, is contracted to next season and hoping to still play a role in the finals this year."

Oh yeah.. looks like the guy is desperate to find a 'safe' working environment...

If he leaves.. it will be for other issues and tbh.. you can't stop other clubs 'circling' one of the leagues best KPP..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back