Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can live with paddy leaving but if Carlisle left it would really sting my shitter.. Don't think he will but he loves this club

Said it last week, said it two days ago and his manager again repeated it today. Apparently that isn't enough for some of the foamers...
I seriously think that there is a bet amongst some of these so called sports journalists on who can post the biggest bullshit article just to see who can upset us supporters the most

Embrace the jealousy folks, next is the perceived arrogance of both player and supporter and then next is the hatred.
(oh wait thats already there)

Add to that.

Tom Browne @TomBrowne7 · 21h
Teams might be interested in @jcarlisle22 , but I'm told a deal to extend him beyond 2015 maybe just months away. Talks already started

When the * has this gutter troll become the spokes person of the inside word at Essendon? Who the * is talking to this twerp? Why cannot the club reveal details like this? * it shits me how gutter sports journalism strutts around this town as if King!!!!

(ok rant over..feeling better)

When the * has this gutter troll become the spokes person of the inside word at Essendon? Who the * is talking to this twerp? Why cannot the club reveal details like this? * it shits me how gutter sports journalism strutts around this town as if King!!!!

* I don't farkin know okay? *

So was Tom Browne wrong about Ryder - Stop shooting the messenger - It's unedifying.

So was Tom Browne wrong about Ryder - Stop shooting the messenger - It's unedifying.

No he was right. My frustration comes when some sports journo gets on national tv before a final and shouts to the sky what is happening.
Purely for 1. attention seeking 2. because its another chance to get in on the action of tearing this club apart.

It shits me how people, whoever they are, feed sports journo's scraps, and they run with it. There is a time and place for this to be played out. After our season is finished and behind closed doors.
Sure he was the messenger, but the messenger has responsibilities too, not just his own career progression.

No he was right. My frustration comes when some sports journo gets on national tv before a final and shouts to the sky what is happening.
Purely for 1. attention seeking 2. because its another chance to get in on the action of tearing this club apart.

It shits me how people, whoever they are, feed sports journo's scraps, and they run with it. There is a time and place for this to be played out. After our season is finished and behind closed doors.
Sure he was the messenger, but the messenger has responsibilities too, not just his own career progression.

Despite Browne being a twerp, you can't blame him for breaking the Ryder story as soon as he got wind of it, that's his job. The frustration should be directed at who Browne's source was and their timing of releasing the information to him.

Despite Browne being a twerp, you can't blame him for breaking the Ryder story as soon as he got wind of it, that's his job. The frustration should be directed at who Browne's source was and their timing of releasing the information to him.

I necessarily do not intend to insult the bloke calling him a twerp, which I did, but he is simply a reflection of how s**t out media is in this town. I do not believe it is his job to unfairly upset a campaign, which he attempted to do. The only people who ever praise a journalist is another journalist. There is a reason for that and he has chosen to pursue a career in this highly disrespected indusrtry on his own free will. His peers have created a s**t house culture, only loosely abiding by a voluntary code of ethics. They get away with far too much and give people too little respect. As I said there is a time and place for everything and he decided to run with this story at an inappropriate time. But hey, his peers would of patted him on the back. What a fine upstanding profession he is a part of hey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw jakey boy at the races yesterday

convo went like this

"jake?"
"yeah?"
"please tell me you're staying."
"of course I'm staying. don't listen to that rubbish."
"thanks mate"

and off to lose everything i won on chivalry.

gonna back him in here.

sheller891, if you looked anything like your avatar, no wondering Jakey spoke with you.

Regardless, thanks for the good inside info :thumbsu:

sheller891, if you looked anything like your avatar, no wondering Jakey spoke with you.

Regardless, thanks for the good inside info :thumbsu:

sheller891's profile says he's male, so there'd be a big surprise for Jakey if he thought sheller was female. ;)

sheller891's profile says he's male, so there'd be a big surprise for Jakey if he thought sheller was female. ;)

Yes, I know, just making an observation is all.

Last edited:
Met up with lil Jakey boy last night at the Kings/Jets game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back