Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some nominate a couple of clubs and allow the club to have input. Some nominate a club that actually have the currency and are prepared to trade it.
There are ways to make it a smooth transition and help your club out, or you can be a douche and nominate one club that are simply not prepared to pay fair value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, but Judd specifically stated WCE needed to be compensated fairly. I don't recall that ever happening for Essendon though.

Bahaha

Propaganda from the winners there

Ol Tricky Dick waved a few extra hundred thou from Visy and that was all she wrote. He would have gone there for a bag of popcorn to West Coast

Bahaha

Propaganda from the winners there

Ol Tricky Dick waved a few extra hundred thou from Visy and that was all she wrote. He would have gone there for a bag of popcorn to West Coast
We all know why he chose Carlton, but this is completely irrelevant to the fact that he ensured WCE were fairly compensated... which they were very well.

Question.

If Hird goes, does Carlisle go?
If Hird stays does Carlisle stay?

Or are the two scenarios not related to each others outcome?

Question.

Unrelated I think. Hird seems to have a good rapport with the players. We've seen someone like Crameribleave so it's not unbreakable or anything. Personally reckon it wouldn't be a big factor.

Question.

Not even remotely related.

If Carlisle regains his old form, then the price tag may just be worth it. Based on current form, I wouldn't say he is.

To his defense though, he's come back from injuries, been played in multiple positions and had to bare all the off-field crap going on.

Let's keep this bloke.

He's a very important player for us given our paper thin KPP stocks. I'd be fine with the club paying market value (which is probably a bit more than they want to) in order to keep him. If we can't manage our salary cap with so few A graders then we have major issues.

He's a very important player for us given our paper thin KPP stocks. I'd be fine with the club paying market value (which is probably a bit more than they want to) in order to keep him. If we can't manage our salary cap with so few A graders then we have major issues.
Yep fair point. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Jake fanboi, and the thought of him leaving stings; just want to make sure the club is doing the right thing by the team - but I agree with you.

Also, I suspect our salary cap will free up next season with the likely retirements of players like Winderlich, Chapman, (Fletcher?).

How much did rance end up with at Richmond?

I'm still not sure what the plan is with Carlisle. Is he going to pursue to be the "best CHF in the comp"? Or have we wasted another year and a half of development into him to just switch roles again. I understand the need for a player to play at both ends but this has gotten abit ridiculous IMO

How much did rance end up with at Richmond?

I'm still not sure what the plan is with Carlisle. Is he going to pursue to be the "best CHF in the comp"? Or have we wasted another year and a half of development into him to just switch roles again. I understand the need for a player to play at both ends but this has gotten abit ridiculous IMO

Its no mystery we are searching for a forward Hurley, Carlisle and Hooker etc. On this occasion I think the club is being pretty logical. Play him in defence increase his chance for a solid performance which raises his market value.

Alternatively he signs on and the coaching panel decide which position is best for the team for which player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back