Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this situation will go to the Ryder direction. Clubs won't respect our offer and the draft pick on the table will be around the mid 20s (and hopefully not) packaged with a s**t player to "sweeten" the deal. Ryder got us pick 17 and if someone of his quality at the time got that then I'll be shocked to see Carlisle get close considering the seasons he's had. 2014 was good, 2013 was better but who knows.

I know i shouldn't let it get to me, but the fact that so many flogs are saying they would not part with their first rounder for Jake really frustrates me. A young KPD who will set up your list is worth much more than a pick.

Complete derps.
I can totally understand it though. He might be banned and we don't know how long they will be banned for.
Also, a ban may impact the players mentally to the point where they don't want to play footy anymore. That in itself is a huge risk.

Plus, clubs will likely take him as a KPD, yet he has been toyed around forward for the last 2 years despite being in all Australian form in 2013, putting question marks on if he can go back to playing at that level. He hasn't been the most consistent as a forward.

Some might see it as a waste of 2 years when they won't be playing him in that position, though I personally think that it is actually an advantage as he can swing forward if they need him there.

I would have agreed with you if this was 2013 without the supplement saga, but the doubt in this case is understandable. In this case, it is actually St Kilda taking the risk and not Essendon.

Jake for Pick 6.

Pick 6 + 20 for Dion Prestia
Pick 4 + Stanton for Treloar
Leuenberger free agent.

Moneyball.

Prestia is not worth a top 5 pick and probably not treloar.

And we do what's best for us by getting what Carlilse is worth.
Wish it worked that way but it doesn't. He is not contracted. The club can try to get as much as they can considering the circumstances, but we're not in a position to call the shots. The more competition, the more we will get out of the trade, so I'm glad that St Kilda have come into the equation.

Wish it worked that way but it doesn't. He is not contracted. The club can try to get as much as they can considering the circumstances, but we're not in a position to call the shots. The more competition, the more we will get out of the trade, so I'm glad that St Kilda have come into the equation.

I know just sux we will most like get shafted again.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prestia won't be leaving this year. So not even sure why his name is even being discussed.

Carlisle was/is one of my favourite players, but I'm pretty shitty about all of this and whilst I value him as a footballer, maybe the club needs to be brave and make a move.

If we can net some early picks for our future to compensate for what we've missed the last couple of years, it could pay off. The current group is meh and I don't see the small core of quality players getting any further at their peak than the last small core of quality players we've had.

Essendon would be the last club anybody would want to go to. To think that we're going to get anybody with considerable value is optimistic.

but we've won 16 flags!!!!! and have big areoplane hangar!!!!! anzac day!!!! ooooo

Can I remind people that there is a trade/drafting thread, please. I know the present climate dictates that trade talk around Carlisle will happen and we're allowing for that, but some of the talk in here is just about trading and drafting in general.

That's what the trade/draft mega thread is for. :)

Let's just trade him get picks and start again new coach another ruckman through F/A hurly hooker back with gwilt smack and Daniher forward with laverde Langford and Edwards get the best possible players available chuck them in next year aswell heck it

Carlisle is just a symptom. The reality is when you're a s**t club having no success, players leave. It's the way it's always been. It's happening to us now. It happened with Crameri, it happened with Ryder, it looks like happening with Carlisle.

You need to get your s**t together off the field and the rest will flow from there. In the meantime if anybody incl Carlisle wants to leave, there's not much we can do.

Carlisle is just a symptom. The reality is when you're a s**t club having no success, players leave. It's the way it's always been. It's happening to us now. It happened with Crameri, it happened with Ryder, it looks like happening with Carlisle.

You need to get your s**t together off the field and the rest will flow from there. In the meantime if anybody incl Carlisle wants to leave, there's not much we can do.

Agreed 100%, honestly the way this bloke carries himself on the field I couldn't give a s**t if he did leave.

His attitude is just s**t and personally I would rather replace him with a player who has half the ability but twice the intensity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back