Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't reveal exactly how I know as it'd land me in big trouble but Dustin was paid $199k gross by EFC in the last FY. Call whatever you want mate. Also doesn't matter what he's done in the past, it's what he offers now that his pay is based on... surely you understand that.
The average wage for an afl player is 200k, I know he's not on what he was in his heyday, that's obvious. But I'll take your word for it mate.

I can't reveal exactly how I know as it'd land me in big trouble but Dustin was paid $199k gross by EFC in the last FY. Call whatever you want mate. Also doesn't matter what he's done in the past, it's what he offers now that his pay is based on... surely you understand that.

This is correct. The fact that he has played in a flag and has a b&f 15 years ago is completely irrelevant to what he is getting paid in 2015.

You guys might get what you want. Couple of Saints posters believe we are in the hunt and our first pick IS on the table to work with.

We're not all happy about it (mostly WADA ban related) but the original source has had good info in the past...

I'd be happy with that. Yes I'd rather retain Carlisle, but it's nice to get something decent in return for once. 2 top 10 picks in a draft said to not run so deep would be awesome.

I can't process why he would want to go to Carlton if there was interest from the other Victorian clubs. Pretty much every other Victorian club (excluding us) in the bottom 8 is on the rise whereas the blues in all honesty will probably still need to bottom out for a few more years. Seems to make more sense if he would want to go to a Stkilda/Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys might get what you want. Couple of Saints posters believe we are in the hunt and our first pick IS on the table to work with.

We're not all happy about it (mostly WADA ban related) but the original source has had good info in the past...

I wouldn't be worried WADA wise. They've already flagged they won't be pursing lengthy bans.

What is the rumor? Carlisle and our second for Saints first and third?

I'd take 2 top 10 selections as the draft falls away after the top 15 or so. Would leave us open to drafting Parish then getting a KPP to suit needs

Yep that's the rumor. We are dead keen on Parish but know we cant get him.

Every other mid in the top 5-10 has question marks so the thinking is drop down the order and grab a couple of handy flanker/outside types tipped to go a little later, while grabbing the final piece of our spine.

Let's you guys grab Parish/Mathieson and someone like Curnow as a genuine CHF option.

Every other mid in the top 5-10 has question marks so the thinking is drop down the order and grab a couple of handy flanker/outside types tipped to go a little later, while grabbing the final piece of our spine.

Let's you guys grab Parish/Mathieson and someone like Curnow as a genuine CHF option.
I'd prefer to kee[ Buckets. But, if that kinda trade option came up, I'd take it considering.

Win win for both clubs. I like Carlisle but if nets us pick 6 we should take it and run.

I know i shouldn't let it get to me, but the fact that so many flogs are saying they would not part with their first rounder for Jake really frustrates me. A young KPD who will set up your list is worth much more than a pick.

Complete derps.

Most of those derps think these players have lost all value, and think they're club can give us nothing for them. Cos thats how trading works

I can't process why he would want to go to Carlton if there was interest from the other Victorian clubs. Pretty much every other Victorian club (excluding us) in the bottom 8 is on the rise whereas the blues in all honesty will probably still need to bottom out for a few more years. Seems to make more sense if he would want to go to a Stkilda/Collingwood.

Carlton have a long history of paying whatever it takes to get someone they want. Is part of their constitution as far as I know...

Anyway heard on SEN before definitely not going to bulldogs.

Order of preference:
- Keep Jake on unders
- Keep Jake on overs
- Keep Jake in a basement somewhere
- Trade Jake to the Saints where he can wait a few years, get close to, but ultimately miss out on a premiership, for a top 5/6 pick

Saints fans who say he isn't worth your first, and that we'd have to provide more -- you'll have to just figure out whether you want him because you won't have the PSD to look after you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back