Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not quite right, they are different players...JD offers plenty that TBC doesn't, even now.

Surely both will play this year and TRB will have to determine which player is better for the team ( as opposed to which is the better player) ...assuming they can't play together.

One word- STRUCTURE! You know the one thing that everyone harped on about how dyfunctional our forwardline was last season...now we have a FF and a CHF and you want to change it. No thanks, keep the structure. Change the side around the structure, you don't change your key posts.

You're just looking at an outcome, being the improved forward line function, and crediting it to Daniher being a better deep forward option than Bellchambers when there are about 15 other reasons that the forward line is performing better.

Presence of brilliant footballers like Goddard and Chapman is important. Increased movement of guys lead by Ambrose, Jackson Merrett and Hardingham has been infinitely better meaning that there is now a link between the midfield and the forward line.

The performance of the forwards in the first half against Hawthorn showed that poor forward movement is not just about Bellchambers and Daniher. It is primarily about the work rate of the forwards and the choices made by the midfielders kicking the ball forward.

Experiment with him on ball certainly had the desired effect. He knows how to find the ball both as a midfielder and as a forward. Very handy ace to keep up our sleeves and probably further confuses the understanding of our best forward set up.

Needs to learn how to protect himself if he is going to continue to ruck (not sure that we can assume that Ryder comes straight back in). He's in for a world of pain against a more aggressive ruck if he continues to leave himself exposed the way he did against Warnock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes really. Two weeks ago he was getting votes in our mvp thread. If he gets dropped i can name a whole handful of players who should be dropped based on the past fortnights performances

Yes in that case, let's keep him in.

(What?)

i meant after games in the 5/4/3/2/1's

I know what you meant but that's irrelevant to weather or not Jake should be dropped or not.

I would beg to differ. It should not be an individual focus here, rather a team focus. If he was playing poorly all year, drop him. If he's playing as poor as the rest of the team for two weeks, why drop him?

If JC goes back to VFL it is absolutely a travesty for our footy club. This guy was in AA calculations heading into Round 14 last year.. and 6 months later he is VFL????

If we have ****ed up this young mans career I will be very very very pissed.

He needs to move back now.. Hurley didn't mind playing forward.. that is the big difference.. Jake Carlisle is hating it.

Get Carlisle back and Hurley forward and get our AA CHB back into some good form.

Give me a break ! How have we ruined JC's career if he is dropped to the VFL. He will be dropped because of attitude/workrate/form issues.

Jake made it clear he didn't want to go forward.. and it appears he is now out of form, out of favour and in a slump..

How about leaving him down back and letting him grow into the best CHB in the league??

It would be a crime to have him playing at VFL level.. a crime.

IMO hurley is a better backman and hooker is killing it so its forward or vfl for JC atm

also if he doesn't pull his head out of his ass i wouldn't be apposed to trading him at the end of the year if it was an offer to good to refuse(really hope this doesn't happen and don't think it will)

i think he will have a good game this week and then continue that form for most of the year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back