Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to think hes not gone, and my good sense sees the good in everyone - when i see him high fiving people during the game i think, well he must not be that disengaged...

but i lost count of the amount of time he gave up on Lynch when he got a meter on him, just let him take the grab, id see Jakey a few meters behind sulking head down.

Is that just him? or just the 2015 version of him? I dont recall seeing it ever when he was in the running for AA defender model Jake.

It's all neither here nor there. He's obviously leaving. If he hasn't signed after six years at the club then he's not going to magically sign in he next couple of weeks.

I suspect the club knows it but are playing a pretty clear PR game where you don't let potentially bad stories stack up on each other. There'll already be a portion of members pissed off about Hird, stating the obvious re Carlisle will just link him to Hird leaving and make it more of a drama.

It's all neither here nor there. He's obviously leaving. If he hasn't signed after six years at the club then he's not going to magically sign in he next couple of weeks.

I suspect the club knows it but are playing a pretty clear PR game where you don't let potentially bad stories stack up on each other. There'll already be a portion of members pissed off about Hird, stating the obvious re Carlisle will just link him to Hird leaving and make it more of a drama.

if they do their PR right they will paint him as the bad guy.. like Paddy...

But i actually feel for Jake, Bomber took him out of his safe warm defensive spot where he was comfortable and performing.. to make a change to suit his own ego - to prove a point to the previous regime...

It has set him back 2 years in development - it could ruin his career potentially

if they do their PR right they will paint him as the bad guy.. like Paddy...

But i actually feel for Jake, Bomber took him out of his safe warm defensive spot where he was comfortable and performing.. to make a change to suit his own ego - to prove a point to the previous regime...

It has set him back 2 years in development - it could ruin his career potentially
It was the right decision though, Hooker was playing as our best defender and Hurley was showing signs of the player he has become while not getting injured every second week.

Hooker's clearly a better defender than forward at this stage, Hurley too. Jake's shown a bit forward and when his head's right he can tear a game apart. His performance against collingwood last year (admittedly only playing on and ending Maxwell's career) was the best game I've seen from an Essendon footballer since Hird went ballistic in the last quarter against west coast 10 years earlier.

Jake's gone, I've come to terms with that. The one saving grace at this stage looks to be that Carlton can't even tank properly and won't have pick 1 in the PSD so we'll get a token deal for him which is better than getting nothing. Small mercies and all that.

On top of all that, despite two years of pressure we retain him in the forward line, saying nope, we're developing him, we're sticking by it and he'll be a good forward.

You could at least respect the approach.

Nek minnit

Hooker plays 2 ok games as a forward... OK Jake, you're back to the backline after all.
Fairly demonstrative of the nonsense that is our club at the minute isn't it?

NORTH Melbourne is eyeing Essendon swingman Jake Carlisle to help bolster its ageing backline.

The Roos have emerged as an option for Carlisle, although the Bombers remain confident the 23-year-old will re-sign at Tullamarine.

North relies on veterans Michael Firrito, 31, and Scott Thompson, 29, in defence, with stalwart Firrito possibly in his last season.

Full-back Joel Tippett was dropped to the VFL after Round 2 and has not been recalled.

Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville said his client was still deciding whether to stay at Essendon and had not yet considered rival offers.

0 Comments

- JAY CLARK

North can't afford Jake on his current price tag.

NORTH Melbourne is eyeing Essendon swingman Jake Carlisle to help bolster its ageing backline.

The Roos have emerged as an option for Carlisle, although the Bombers remain confident the 23-year-old will re-sign at Tullamarine.

North relies on veterans Michael Firrito, 31, and Scott Thompson, 29, in defence, with stalwart Firrito possibly in his last season.

Full-back Joel Tippett was dropped to the VFL after Round 2 and has not been recalled.

Carlisle’s manager Anthony McConville said his client was still deciding whether to stay at Essendon and had not yet considered rival offers.

0 Comments

- JAY CLARK

But but he's already agreed to sign with Carlolololotn and PSD us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North can't afford Jake on his current price tag.

What is he earning? We have Adams and Grima retired already and I think this is likely the last year for McMahon and possibly Firrito, none who would have been on massive coin, but all were best 22 when they signed their last contract, if they are around AFL average ($250k) then that would free up $750k to $1m

Or are you referring to his trade price tag?

EFC need to grow some balls and ask the question are you staying or going as we are not prepared as supporters to sit back and get dectated to by a guy who is shopping us around,Send him to Carlton with our second round pick for Menzel and kruzer,Get a deal done and piss him off.

EFC need to grow some balls and ask the question are you staying or going as we are not prepared as supporters to sit back and get dectated to by a guy who is shopping us around,Send him to Carlton with our second round pick for Menzel and kruzer,Get a deal done and piss him off.
Lachie Henderson told his side in advance and look how well that was received by the AFL community.

Why would we trade for Kreuzer when he's a free agent?

Besides, I wouldn't do that trade in a million years anyway.

Who cares what people think about us cant get any worse,The EFC need to know now not in a months time.Need to become ruthless again.
If I was an AFL player who knew he was leaving at the end of the year, and I'd just seen a player tell his club just that and saw his fans turn on him and the AFL CEO have a go at him, I'd probably hold back from telling the club too.

If I was an AFL player who knew he was leaving at the end of the year, and I'd just seen a player tell his club just that and saw his fans turn on him and the AFL CEO have a go at him, I'd probably hold back from telling the club too.
Send him with our second pick to Carlton for kruzer and Menzel,Piss him off and dont play him for the rest of the year.Rather play someone who want to wear the jumper.

Send him with our second pick to Carlton for kruzer and Menzel,Piss him off and dont play him for the rest of the year.Rather play someone who want to wear the jumper.
Again, why would we trade for Kreuzer when he's a FA and why would we get rid of our 2nd round pick when starting a rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back