Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle does not like playing as a forward. He hated the decision to be moved forward and my understanding is he is still not comfortable with it. It simply won't just come down to paying him whatever he wants.

Carlisle does not like playing as a forward. He hated the decision to be moved forward and my understanding is he is still not comfortable with it. It simply won't just come down to paying him whatever he wants.

That's obvious to anyone watching him. Does not want to take a mark anywhere he might have to have a set shot and will play on if at all possible. So what do we do?

That's obvious to anyone watching him. Does not want to take a mark anywhere he might have to have a set shot and will play on if at all possible. So what do we do?

I think you ask him to play out the rest of the year in the forward line and then promise him a spot in the backline starting next year

Fundamentally, I don't like the idea that he drops his head because he doesn't like where he's being played.

So you promise him a spot in the backline as of next year. Assuming Fletcher does retire, does a backline of Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker actually work?

Because I sure as hell don't want to see Hurley moved to a position he is clearly inferior at to accommodate Carlisle.

Fundamentally, I don't like the idea that he drops his head because he doesn't like where he's being played.

So you promise him a spot in the backline as of next year. Assuming Fletcher does retire, does a backline of Carlisle, Hurley and Hooker actually work?

Because I sure as hell don't want to see Hurley moved to a position he is clearly inferior at to accommodate Carlisle.

Irrelevant. You missed the bit where he becomes a gun forward after being promised an easy way out.

I think there is a really big worry that it would be too tall. Fletcher works currently because he has height and speed.

I'm not sure if people have been paying attention recently, but Hurley is moving like a man possessed at the moment. He wouldn't be able to play small like Fletcher does but he's basically another back flanker when the ball hits the deck anyway. It'd work.

I'm not sure we have a choice either

I can see it. With every side's starting KPF's:

Ade: Hurley-Lynch, Carlisle-Walker, Hooker-Jenkins
Bri: Hurley-McStay, Carlisle-Close, Hooker-Leuenberger
Car: Hurley-Henderson, Carlisle-Casboult, Hooker-Jones
Col: Hurley- Reid, Carlisle-Cloke, Hooker-Witts
Fre: Hurley-Pavlich, Carlisle-Taberner, Hooker-Clarke
Gee: Hurley-Kersten, Carlisle-Clark, Hooker-Hawkins
GC: Hurley-Lynch, Carlisle-Dixon, Hooker-Smith
GWS: Hurley-Cameron, Carlisle-Patton, Hooker-McCarthy
Haw: Hurley-Gunston, Carlisle-Roughead, Hooker-Ceglar
Mel: Hurley-Hogan, Carlisle-Dawes, Hooker-Gawn
NM: Hurley-Waite, Carlisle-Petrie, Hooker-Brown
Port: Hurley-Schulz, Carlisle-Westhoff, Hooker-Ryder
Ric: Hurley-Riewoldt, Carlisle-Griffiths, Hooker-Lloyd
St. K: Hurley-Riewoldt, Carlisle-Bruce, Hooker-Hickey
Syd: Hurley-Buddy, Carlisle-Tippett, Hooker-Reid
WC: Hurley-Darling, Carlisle-Kennedy, Hooker-Lycett
WB: Hurley-Stringer, Carlisle-Boyd, Hooker-Crameri

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JD hasn't come on as expected..
Quality post that one..

The point is that JD is still coming too terms with AFL footy - Take Carlisle out and who is the second tall ? lets face it JD embarrassingly was out bodied by a first gamer - Couldn't win a one-on-one contest last week to save his life. - Anyway a game in pristine conditions will leave JD with no excuses.

you tell whoever told you to tell him to go man the **** up, embrace it and do what's best for the coach/team

The point is that JD is still coming too terms with AFL footy - Take Carlisle out and who is the second tall ? lets face it JD embarrassingly was out bodied by a first gamer - Couldn't win a one-on-one contest last week to save his life. - Anyway a game in pristine conditions will leave JD with no excuses.

When the ball was kicked to Joe's advantage he made a contest at the very least, when it was kicked to Pearce's advantage then he won, it's really not a big deal, especially given Joe is only a year older than him

When the ball was kicked to Joe's advantage he made a contest at the very least, when it was kicked to Pearce's advantage then he won, it's really not a big deal, especially given Joe is only a year older than him

I liked that the three times he did get a set shot, it was from a mark on the lead. Hopefully does a bit more of that.

Of course 3 goals would've been nice too, but can't win 'em all.

Easy, trade him for a forward if he continues to sook.
Who will play forward next year - Ambrose struggles to have scoreboard impact, JD hasn't come on as expected - There's not much left in the cupboard.
Stupid post, JD is coming along nicely.

It is a big deal - Joe in his third year still can't hold his ground - And its exacerbated because Joe doesn't get enough ball on the lead, though there was a small improvement last week. Anyway indoors and flat track gives Joe every opportunity.

Easy, trade him for a forward if he continues to sook.

Stupid post, JD is coming along nicely.

IMO, JD has stagnated in 2015 - Though this can happen to any player - But there is room for improvement.

Carlisle isn't comfortable?

Might have something to do with the service he's getting.

Seriously lads Coleman wouldn't kick goals in our side at the moment.

It comes in rarely and when it does it's slowly and into a crowd of defenders.

All things considered he's not even playing that badly.

I maintain he can play as a forward. Better than Hurley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back