Retired #22: Matthew Leuenberger - offered a new deal but chose to retire - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I now declare this..
MelkLeunLisle day....

free beer for everyone at the St Kilda Disco..

Great news..welcome to Bomberland.

Zactly. We have bad luck with rucks staying on the pitch though, so we will need to seek out a mature state leaguer maybe to hedge our bets. Trent West is no guarantee and our young rookie Archie Smith is speculative at best.

You can have Giles. Pick 18 & Giles for Aish?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all the drama and excitement over the past few hours, I almost forgot to welcome the big unit. Seems like a sensational guy and if we manage his body correctly, we know the talent is there. Strange to say but I love him already. Delighted to have him.

I consider this a massive coup and a sign that we expect to challenge much sooner than doomsdayers predict. If we can find a key forward, a goalsneak, and a pacy mid we will be back in business.

We seem to be a developing ruck short on our list though. Maybe a rookie option?

Michael Cronan from WA looks a good late pick/rookie option

We will be greatly improved next year just from having 2 genuine #1 quality ruckman taking the taps. Last year we had an injured Bellchambers for half a year followed by Mckernan who is really a second ruck option with a few games of no ruckman and a game or two from Giles. It really was an disaster and our mids really started behind the 8 ball in a lot of games.

I don't expect Leuenberger to be available 22 games a season but even if we get 15 games out of him and he does a good job winning the taps it will really help improve our structure/ruck depth a great deal.

When all the craziness of this years trade period is behind us i think we will all look back and say this was a very nice acquisition at essentially no real cost.
Welcome to Essendon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back