Player Watch #28 Will Edwards

Remove this Banner Ad

DOB 8 May 2003 197cm 100kg

A tall defender who is a super athletic type and has the size and mobility to match the opposition's main marking target, which he demonstrated playing for both the Sydney Swans Academy and the Allies this year. He is still developing his footy IQ, but he can take a strong contested mark and shows good rebound ability with his speed. Very impressive at the State Draft Combine held in Victoria, with his elite speed demonstrated with a time of 2.88 seconds for the 20m sprint.

will phillips.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember LRT's first game for Port Melbourne , got so excited i called a prominent Swan in Sydney and said we will win a flag with this bloke .
Well i might have seen the next one ! Rustycrate
I copied and pasted my post in the praccy match to here

So impressive was Edwards raw ability to compete in the ruck against a seasoned Brisbane ruck, and
play as a key tall and take marks(I know we are short on talls atm), and
run through the midfield and compete with mids and harass and tackle,
I predict he is the missing piece of the puzzle.

What is the puzzle you may ask?

We have the solid defence. And its being bolstered despite an immanent departure(Rampe)
We have a young and very talented and tough evolving midfield
We have a forward line of McDonald, Heeney, Hayward, Papley, add to that Konstanty and others we can roll through there. McLean and Amaertey are underwhelming. But they are not essential. There are also developing options in HHK and Magor, you can add Sheldrick and others.

But a great ruck is the missing piece.

Could Edwards be the saviour.

Well that's it from me.

I just wanted to create some discussion and dream.

I copied and pasted my post in the praccy match to here

So impressive was Edwards raw ability to compete in the ruck against a seasoned Brisbane ruck, and
play as a key tall and take marks(I know we are short on talls atm), and
run through the midfield and compete with mids and harass and tackle,
I predict he is the missing piece of the puzzle.

What is the puzzle you may ask?

We have the solid defence. And its being bolstered despite an immanent departure(Rampe)
We have a young and very talented and tough evolving midfield
We have a forward line of McDonald, Heeney, Hayward, Papley, add to that Konstanty and others we can roll through there. McLean and Amaertey are underwhelming. But they are not essential. There are also developing options in HHK and Magor, you can add Sheldrick and others.

But a great ruck is the missing piece.

Could Edwards be the saviour.

Well that's it from me.

I just wanted to create some discussion and dream.
Too short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back