Preview 2nd Elimination Final: North Melbourne vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 6th of September, 7.15PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Out: Howlett, Fantasia, (Baguley)
In: Steinberg, Myers, (Melksham)

Steinberg - Hooker - Dempsey
Winderlich - Hurley - Hibberd
Stanton - Watson - Goddard
Zaharakis - Daniher - Ambrose
Chapman - Ryder - Merrett
Bellchambers - Heppell - Hocking
Myers - Baguley/Melksham - Gleeson - Colyer
Out: Howlett, Fantasia, (Baguley)
In: Steinberg, Myers, (Melksham)

Steinberg - Hooker - Dempsey
Winderlich - Hurley - Hibberd
Stanton - Watson - Goddard
Zaharakis - Daniher - Ambrose
Chapman - Ryder - Merrett
Bellchambers - Heppell - Hocking
Myers - Baguley/Melksham - Gleeson - Colyer

I happy with those changes

T-Bell stays in then he will be the most likely casualty to make way for Carlisle the following week against Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a wedding to go to on a home and away game and my father sat at the back of the church with his radio plugged into his ear listening to the game.

Must've been one that you hadn't smashed.

Bring in Steinberg pls I don't like not having a third tall.
He has to come in this week, surely. We need a third tall against North - we didn't really need one last week.

I agree- it's what allowed Matthew Watson of all spuds to kick four against us.
Every time Watson scored a goal I could hear Ben the Gooner in my head telling me what a spud he is :D

He has to come in this week, surely. We need a third tall against North - we didn't really need one last week.
The reason Watson kicked 4 was because we didn't have a 3rd tall.

It is a shame our VFL team is out. Would be good to still have them running around so the fringe players pushing for senior section could get match practice

Was in a cafe on the weekend and with paper on table was explaining the vagaries of the first week of finals to little Vander18....was explaining that if we lost it was season over, which little Vander took badly as reflected by a quivering lip and copious sniffling as he stifled tears. At this point I noticed a man standing in line next to our table turn and look down...he then spoke and advised that we needn't worry, he was certain we'd beat North comfortably.

I then looked up to see who this stranger offering his thoughts might be...'twas Paul Roos.

Now some may suggest Paul Roos simply saw that consoling the upset Little Vander was smart way to ensure he and Tammy could enjoy a quiet breakfast...or even just a good hearted gesture to a young footy lover.... I prefer to think it was the considered and insightful view of one of our leading football minds.

He also said he'd love to get his hands on that Dyson Heppell....

Or "Heppsy" as Roosy likes to call him.

The reason Watson kicked 4 was because we didn't have a 3rd tall.
Sorry, I should have explained that better. I know it cost us in the end, but most people leading into the game were comfortable with not having a third tall. We definitely cannot afford to not have one this week.

Was in a cafe on the weekend and with paper on table was explaining the vagaries of the first week of finals to little Vander18....was explaining that if we lost it was season over, which little Vander took badly as reflected by a quivering lip and copious sniffling as he stifled tears. At this point I noticed a man standing in line next to our table turn and look down...he then spoke and advised that we needn't worry, he was certain we'd beat North comfortably.

I then looked up to see who this stranger offering his thoughts might be...'twas Paul Roos.

Now some may suggest Paul Roos simply saw that consoling the upset Little Vander was smart way to ensure he and Tammy could enjoy a quiet breakfast...or even just a good hearted gesture to a young footy lover.... I prefer to think it was the considered and insightful view of one of our leading football minds.

He also said he'd love to get his hands on that Dyson Heppell....

So you did what any good father would do and bought him a cup of concrete and HTFU? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back