Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Really loved having him around - I view him as a great signing (i know many don't).
He was a massive reason we won at least 3 important games last year, including his debut.
Unfortunately the form of the side coupled with his injuries meant he wasn't in our plans 2015.

Really loved having him around - I view him as a great signing (i know many don't).
He was a massive reason we won at least 3 important games last year, including his debut.
Unfortunately the form of the side coupled with his injuries meant he wasn't in our plans 2015.

He would have been a brilliant signing if the team had been able to play without all that bullshit hanging over there heads, we would have seen the best of him if we had gone deeper into September I have no doubt.

Last year he was certainly a good player. Geelong probably let him go a year to early but this year he didn't seem quite as switched on. But then again half the team didn't so who knows how he could have gone with the team playing well.

Thanks Paul for your service at Essendon over these dark times...You will always be remembered as a Cats champion and for what its worth you should have been awarded the Norm Smith medal in the 2007 grand final.

Also..I look like chappy.....and on a few occasions random Essendon members have given me high fives when leaving our matches...saying great game Chappy (in jest). My kids loved it!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Geelong cost themselves a shot at another flag in 2013 getting rid of Chappy and Pod at least a year too early. What a star he was at his prime. Well played Chappy.

Was very important for us last year.

And as Jack Package said, it's what he's taught the kids that is as important as anything.

He'll always be a Geelong legend but his time at Essendon was worth it too.

Well done, Chappy.

Did exactly what was asked of him....game against North in finals showed the team what big time footy looks like. Would have been a great get if we were a better team.

Will be remembered fondly.

Seems like a decent bloke as well as a terrific player in his day. Walked into a difficult situation with us, but think Geelong made the right decision at the time. Need quality people like him around the club, hope they may keep him on in some coaching capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back