Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrendous choice. As stated before, he is not built for that role, he is built on running and endurance. He has virtually no power or impact skills in his arsenal.

Rubbish. Plenty of players like Basti have done well in the role. The most important attribute is footy smarts and he has that.

Much went right this year, but this didn't appear to work at all in the last three games.
If I am right, in four games this year he had 17 touches as sub...he doesn't appear the sort of the player that can come on and make an immediate impact, he's more of a workhorse.
Seemed a strange one last night...and he must have been frustrated to again have the vest.
Certainly didn't have his best season, not a patch on last year, but not sure this was the answer.
He was a pretty high draft pick and talented player being used as a sub. I'd call that a fail. Jacobs and Adams arent up to standard. Get games into Dumont and Wood please.

Perhaps he will be put up for trade? Looks to have fallen out of favour

Agreed. Three weeks in a row - and he wasn't much good as the sub in at least 2 of them. Maybe he's being taught a lesson or discouraged for some reason.

Agree with much of the sentiment here. Jacobs not quite up to it yet, Basti poor as a sub. Don't think we should be looking to trade Basti though. He's an accumulator and needs to start on the wing and make it his own.

Much went right this year, but this didn't appear to work at all in the last three games.
If I am right, in four games this year he had 17 touches as sub...he doesn't appear the sort of the player that can come on and make an immediate impact, he's more of a workhorse.
Seemed a strange one last night...and he must have been frustrated to again have the vest.
Certainly didn't have his best season, not a patch on last year, but not sure this was the answer.
Agreed. Baffling move as a sub. Surely he would've given us more than Jacobs. Under Brad Scott's reign, we simply haven't been able to develop a half-decent sub. Kieran Harper would be a nice one to get going as a sub next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst decision was bringing in Jacobs after the essendon performance.

I think that jacobs will make it.

I think he'll be 25/26 when he gets there.

It'll be a long road with him.

Basti is on the trade table for mine. Getting nothing from him and he isnt developing. Has a few mates as well imo.

Time to cut dead wood that wont improve the team. Basti could be a good mid fielder at the likes of St.Kilda, Melbourne, GWS etc We dont have room for him anymore.

Basti best position is as inside mid but we have a plethora of those types and better ones this season.
Agreed.

Could see him in the mix of trade talk and I never thought I would be saying that, tbh.

Interesting month ahead for Basti - I just wonder if he'll be put up for trade? When he plays well, he has an impact but consistency is a big issue for him. He's an endurance athlete, not a burst player, so using him as a sub doesn't make sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back