Past #3: Ryan Bastinac - traded to Brisbane for picks 17, 26, 28 & 47 (NMFC loses 34, 38, 40 & 2016 R3)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still hope he plays a ripping game every week, besides, it is not his 100th. :p

As with a our players we hope they have top games every week!

Still don't know why harsh though, he has been ok mostly for sure. Tom Mitchell doesn't get a game for Swans. Just saying...

Very harsh on Basti mate, been a good player for us.

I admit I'm harsh on him. Been ok, could be a lot better though - a first gamer in Turner showed more commitment than he ever has.

Anyway, over and out and hope he can take some more steps.

Well done Basti.

Been a funny year for him but he has shown himself to be a very good footballer throughout his first 100 games. Lets hope for an even better next 100.

A wee blast from the past:
532065-north-melbourne.jpg

Had to look him up to remind myself of Brayden Norris in the back there. I genuinely couldn't remember him until I saw that picture. Did he play any games for us?

Have a great 100th game Ryan. Be fired up and kick three goals.

I mark Basti harder than others in the team. He has a lot of talent, but the desire is not often apparent.

Have a good one and make sure the next 100 are loads better than your last 100

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will never forget this game:

066611-ryan-bastinac.jpg

Congrats to Basti. Big fan of his work but have been a bit more critical on him this season because he should be taking the next step. His excellent take and our plethora of inside mids means he isn't played in his best position. Despite his size I think he has a very good inside game and tends to have that pendelbury-esque timing with the ball in hand.

Looking forward to seeing him develop into a gun in the next 100

Yes sir. And it's scarey to think that his 2nd 100 games could be better than his first 100, as impossible as that may sound.
Could he be a sparky for this years Brownlow?

I admit I'm harsh on him. Been ok, could be a lot better though - a first gamer in Turner showed more commitment than he ever has.

Anyway, over and out and hope he can take some more steps.
Your call with him being in a stronger side playing less games was fair Saints..... some players have mongrel streaming through their veins Sugar might be one of those players, but when Basti is ready to take on more responsiblity I think thats when we'll see his best. The penny is about to drop with a lot of our current players Basti is definitely one of them.
I think in the recent Jmac video released from the club there's something different about Jamie (maybe due to the fact he has misssed a huge part of the season) Ive always thought that 2015-17 was going to be another golden era for our club. Im confident more than ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back