Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

cause coaches also love structure so having hurley switching between playing as the number 1 forward and number 1 defender every 10 minutes......
I think it's a good strategy, but not every 10 minutes. Let someone else, maybe Ryder, run their best defender up and back for half a game before making the switch, then watch Hurley kick 10 goals :thumbsu:

But isn't the ability to do this one of the differences between the average player and a guy like Pavlich? They are professional enough and good enough to adapt to the game plan, play their required role and excel.

Having the ability to do it does not mean that they should do it.

I think we need to invest in some thesauruses for the good members of BigFooty. Bit tiring seeing this phrase used over and over.

The astucious nature in which Fremantle would acquire Gumbleton through less than scrupulous means may be shrewd list management from the Dockers, but Essendon should stymie their efforts if that was the avenue they wish to use.

As a forward?

That would require him being a natural forward. He isn't.

As a utility?

Pavlich is not a permanent Mr Fixit. They don't throw him around every match to wherever.

I think Pavlich has suffered in the past when moved around too much. He looks much better when settled as a permanent forward.

Hurley would also benefit from staying in one position, I believe.

Fair enough, I didnt listen to the interview.

There are a few journo's out there that do tend to troll people. Hutchy the other day saying that Sydney shouldnt have to pay more than their 2nd round pick for Tippett for 30 mins, and then admitted that they will need a low first round pick an hour later. When he was saying it you could tell that he was smiling and taking the piss. I wish we knew what accounts they had here on BF.
I am Robbo...Shhhhhhh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In round 23 Carlisle was out injured and neither hooker nor pears were fully fit. If even 2 of them are fit then the need to play Hurley down back is reduced greatly. Hurley kicked a bag of 6 followed by 5 this year. I don't think there is any1 else on our list that could do that
There is now...Joe Daniher!!!! :p

Hey guys, i know there has been huge discussions round Gumby i was just going to float the idea of if we could get pick 21 would you guys consider that fair compensation for Gumby? i know some of you are dead keen on keeping him at the club but obviousley it is trade week and thought it might be worth the question. cheers guys
Yes, that would be fair I reckon...

Don't think dogs would give up pick 21. What about a straight swap for jarrad grant? Think he'd compliment your big guys very well in the forward 50
We're more keen on Midfielders to be honest bro :)

Grants more a mid sized forward.
We've already got Crameri and Nick O'Brien, I think we're pretty keen on those considering we just got rid of Monfries.
How about Christian Howard?

We've already got Crameri and Nick O'Brien, I think we're pretty keen on those considering we just got rid of Monfries.
How about Christian Howard?
No wouldn't trade Howard. We don't really have any mids we can offer you guys unfortunately. We like our young guys (wallis, libba, Dahl, smith).

What about Higgins for gumby and your pick in the 30s?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back