3 Things you learned vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid is a confidence player. When Buddy and Tippo are doing great things each week, I wonder if he develops an inferiority complex and loses confidence.

As for Rohan, it was noticeable to me yesterday how much he drifted out of the game when pushed forward.

Reid is a confidence player. When Buddy and Tippo are doing great things each week, I wonder if he develops an inferiority complex and loses confidence.

As for Rohan, it was noticeable to me yesterday how much he drifted out of the game when pushed forward.

So he has the same problem as Reid?

1) Biggs really ought to have had a go earlier. He stepped in just as easily as he did last year.

2) Tippett is gradually getting back to decent match condition. Hopefully he'll be right by the finals.

3) Reid is looking more and more like a third wheel.

Reid is carrying hip flexor or something. His mobility is nothing like it was last year and early this year.

I think that is because half-back flanker is the easiest position to play and half-forward flanker close to the hardest with how sides are structured now. Both Reid and Rohan are victims of it.

Can anyone explain this to me?
I think it's a joke about how terrible Mike Pyke is. But it's from a St Kilda supporter. Has everyone forgot about the schoolgirl incident? Their supporters really should tread carefully. Mike Pyke's greatest sin is wearing trainers and jeans. And possibly dropping easy marks. I know who I'd rather have on my team.

I think it's a joke about how terrible Mike Pyke is. But it's from a St Kilda supporter. Has everyone forgot about the schoolgirl incident? Their supporters really should tread carefully. Mike Pyke's greatest sin is wearing trainers and jeans. And possibly dropping easy marks. I know who I'd rather have on my team.
Thanks, will treat it with the contempt it has so richly earned.

I think it's a joke about how terrible Mike Pyke is. But it's from a St Kilda supporter.
Obviously not the same Mike Pyke who shat over Longer in the ruck and kept him to 1 kick and 0 marks around the ground?

Obviously not the same Mike Pyke who shat over Longer in the ruck and kept him to 1 kick and 0 marks around the ground?

This. If Mike Pyke should supposedly celebrate for tying his shoelaces, Billy Longer should throw a party every time his lungs fill with air.

1. St Kilda are terrible given we had players running on one leg.
2. Injuries have come at the wrong time for us.
3. Nick Rieweldt should retire. He's holding the Saints back by being there best player by a long way. Look at the Lions since Brown retired. They are no longer one dimensional in attack and have turned their season around.

1. St Kilda are terrible given we had players running on one leg.
2. Injuries have come at the wrong time for us.
3. Nick Rieweldt should retire. He's holding the Saints back by being there best player by a long way. Look at the Lions since Brown retired. They are no longer one dimensional in attack and have turned their season around.

Disagree with no.3, Reiwoldt is a gun and afforded the luxury of not being injury prone like Brown was! Reiwoldt is the player you recruit for, both for game plan and replacement. Did you actually see how much delivery went over his head...it was terrible!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree with no.3, Reiwoldt is a gun and afforded the luxury of not being injury prone like Brown was! Reiwoldt is the player you recruit for, both for game plan and replacement. Did you actually see how much delivery went over his head...it was terrible!

Agree the delivery was poor but that's not the point. As long as he is there no one else will demand the ball as much him.

Prior to finding out Tippett was available for a 2nd round pick :), I would love to have had a go for Riewoldt.

To blame Riewoldt for any of St Kilda's current woes is so, so wrong. He is part of their solution, albeit he won't be around to see the fruits of it.

Since McVeigh has gone back behind the ball he has been awesome , again on the weekend I don't think he turned it over once.
When he is down back it frees up Mal etc and might be a part of Rohans form of late. I always thought he was a better at HF but thinking he has far more impact playing across HB and freeing up others and setting the play up

Since McVeigh has gone back behind the ball he has been awesome , again on the weekend I don't think he turned it over once.
When he is down back it frees up Mal etc and might be a part of Rohans form of late. I always thought he was a better at HF but thinking he has far more impact playing across HB and freeing up others and setting the play up

That Carltank final last year.....wow

1: Rohan was super impressive off the back line. And for of his run & carry it was hard tackling down back that impressed me the most, went full bore and laid some beauties.
2: McVeigh's disposal was pretty darned close to sublime, and yeah, it was Saints, but he picked them apart and it was a delight to see.
3: Enjoyed seeing Biggs again. He did seem to kick down the throat of the opposition though whenever I watched. Maybe that was just me. But his overall composure looked solid. Hope he plays some more this year.

1. Biggs looks good but his last 3 disposals were straight to Saints players
2. We made some awful turnovers without pressure trying to hit a man in the corridor
3. Goodes seems to be hitting stride at the right time
3a. I hope it's just Longmire being conservative with injuries pre-finals. No need to risk players before the big guns are needed
3b. Still not sold on Towers but he improved as the game went on. Hopefully he can adjust to the pace soon
3c. Thanks to DFDS Seaways Trans-Manche ferries for providing free WiFi at Dieppe terminal

All true, but getting the receive out the back under no pressure a guy of his skills should be able to do it, totally agree with his move back there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back