Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Another player I thought would come good about 5 years into the system.

The thing I'm most concerned about is he can't find the pill anymore and looks lost out there. The brain seems half a step slow. I'm not as concerned about the kicking as others but its his all round game now which is completely void.

Not completely gone like leroy for me but almost there. Will take a minor miracle for him to turn it around but I think there's still something to work with and praying/hoping he can turn it around.

you obviously like him, and that's fair enough. but i don't think those comparisons do him any favours.

You've done an amazing job of missing the point there.

What exactly is your point? That keeping him on our list would be indicative of a team with aspirations to be bottom four?

I suppose clubs can give up more than what a player is worth, so I guess you're right.

I don't think he's AFL standard so I can't see how he'd be worth anything. If Melbourne want to make another bad trade, I wouldn't stop them though.

Shane Savage, Luke Delaney and Beau Maister will all play against us on Saturday night. Trav is comfortably AFL standard.

Pretty simple comprehension really.

Do you see him getting many more opportunities at AFL level with us this year BTG?

Personally I can't see him getting more than 2-3 games and likely be moved on at the end of the year..

Do you see him getting many more opportunities at AFL level with us this year BTG?

Personally I can't see him getting more than 2-3 games and likely be moved on at the end of the year..

well he is contracted, so there's that

I think he offers more than Z Merrett at this point. Better than Jetta, probably borderline with Ashby. Injuries happen, players need to miss games mid-season. He'll play again, and if he gets a run at it, hopefully he comes good because he's a ripper guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've done an amazing job of missing the point there.

your point was that he 'was' AFL standard, and you proved this by comparing him to Meister, Savage and Delaney. apart from the fact that Savage is the only relevant comparison in terms of position, the fact you compared him to guys that are pretty average themselves doesn't prove anything.

he's had 5 preseasons, and still can't kick. would not be surprised if he's playing VFL in 2 years

your point was that he 'was' AFL standard, and you proved this by comparing him to Meister, Savage and Delaney. apart from the fact that Savage is the only relevant comparison in terms of position, the fact you compared him to guys that are pretty average themselves doesn't prove anything.

he's had 5 preseasons, and still can't kick. would not be surprised if he's playing VFL in 2 years

It proves that you were absolutely talking out of your arse by saying he's not AFL standard.

Offers nothing to the senior side because his foot skills are not good enough. In the current day and age where hanging onto the ball is the largest
part of the game plan his skills are simply not up to it. Does not run hard enough in defense and his game in the two's last week would have had his picture
in the dictionary under down hill skier :eek:

True. He is on an AFL list, so i guess that, by definition, at some point, someone thought he could be AFL standard

Considering we re-signed him for 2 years last year... It should read. "He is on an AFL list, so I guess that, by definition, in October 2013, Essendon thought (and considering he has played this year, still thinks) he could be AFL standard.' We treat depth standard AFL players around here like they are Suburban Football Division 4, playing in the thirds, hacks. If Essendon didn't think they could make a player out of him, they would not have re-signed him. Whether that is purely for his pace, and that gives him something to work with. He has tools to work with. Has he done what he should with the skills he has as of yet? No. Will he? Who knows.

Offers nothing to the senior side because his foot skills are not good enough. In the current day and age where hanging onto the ball is the largest
part of the game plan his skills are simply not up to it. Does not run hard enough in defense and his game in the two's last week would have had his picture
in the dictionary under down hill skier :eek:

Happy to see that I wasn't the only one out there to be underwhelmed by last week.

5 year AFL list player should not be front running in the VFL.

The game at Box Hill last year spelled the end for me. Know that you've gone down the path of skills but there are plenty of average kicks that play for us. He plays with APS school grade intensity.

I like Trav.
Just had a look at his stats and they are pretty decent for a 'fringe' player who of recent times has been SUB often.

ave disp: 14, marks: 3, tackles: 2, goals: 0.6

Maybe its time to give Trav a few games? hes not yet 23, and yes his disposal can be poor but he HAS PACE!!!!

I like Trav.
Just had a look at his stats and they are pretty decent for a 'fringe' player who of recent times has been SUB often.

ave disp: 14, marks: 3, tackles: 2, goals: 0.6

Maybe its time to give Trav a few games? hes not yet 23, and yes his disposal can be poor but he HAS PACE!!!!

Hi Travis!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back