Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a player is going to sue the AFL I'm just waiting for one of them to sue the AFLPA as well. After all, the AFLPA has to protect their players.

I just don't understand why a player would sue the AFL unless the AFL itself was implicit in this and then that opens another can of worms.

The union isnt sued in worker dies on a CFMEU construction site however the employer and site are held responsible.

But it was only a few days ago that the club were confident of being cleared. :drunk:
I reckon the Bombers board and Turd are maintaining the "we're supremely confident of being cleared" stance even now, because they KNOW that anything short of that stance might imply some perception of guilt amongst the public.

Then WHEN they cop the suspensions they will without doubt, play the victim as well; "We can't believe it. It's totally unjust." And certain areas of the media will continue to go along with the "poor Essendon" line. And a lot of the public will continue to believe it.

I love Essendons response.
"Essendon told Fairfax on Tuesday that it had no knowledge of the basis of the claim or the former player who had the grievance."

They cant even tell you who was on their list.

It's actually a pretty interesting development. He's only asked for pre-action discovery, which is basically a court order to turn over any documetns Essendon has relating to the proposed or potential case. So he's asking Essendon to disclose any documents they have which outline the injecting program and what he was actually injected with.

Although I suppose the outcome of the doping hearing will tell what what they have and don't have.

I love Essendons response.
"Essendon told Fairfax on Tuesday that it had no knowledge of the basis of the claim or the former player who had the grievance."

They cant even tell you who was on their list.
Some sort of record keeping out at Windy Hill.

The union isnt sued in worker dies on a CFMEU construction site however the employer and site are held responsible.

save for this - eg: if a Union has actually campaigned against drug testing - then an argument for liability is easily made - hence the CFMEU's announcement today that drug testing on building sites is now OK.

It's actually a pretty interesting development. He's only asked for pre-action discovery, which is basically a court order to turn over any documetns Essendon has relating to the proposed or potential case. So he's asking Essendon to disclose any documents they have which outline the injecting program and what he was actually injected with.

Although I suppose the outcome of the doping hearing will tell what what they have and don't have.
Legal minded neutral posters on the HTB say that suing on OH&S grounds can only net a max of 500K, and that amount is only awarded to those left unable to work etc Hunter would likely get about 50K and have to fight the sued party or parties insurers for it.

In other words, nothing for the AFL or EFC to worry about, even if all the players sue on those grounds.

Hope there is more to it than that.

What is interesting here is that he is demanding documents that the club claim they don't have, and not having them would have to be an exacerbation of the issue he is taking action over. So the circumstance that EFC has created to try to get away with the doping (ie no documents means you can't prove anything) could well blow up in their faces when it becomes a civil matter (how the hell could you have not documented a program like that?!?!?!)

Legal minded neutral posters on the HTB say that suing on OH&S grounds can only net a max of 500K, and that amount is only awarded to those left unable to work etc Hunter would likely get about 50K and have to fight the sued party or parties insurers for it.

In other words, nothing for the AFL or EFC to worry about, even if all the players sue on those grounds.

Hope there is more to it than that.

What is interesting here is that he is demanding documents that the club claim they don't have, and not having them would have to be an exacerbation of the issue he is taking action over. So the circumstance that EFC has created to try to get away with the doping (ie no documents means you can't prove anything) could well blow up in their faces when it becomes a civil matter (how the hell could you have not documented a program like that?!?!?!)

I am not a lawyer, but I expect he will also sue for stress and future health uncertainties if there are no records of what was injected into him that often.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the Bombers board and Turd are maintaining the "we're supremely confident of being cleared" stance even now, because they KNOW that anything short of that stance might imply some perception of guilt amongst the public.

Then WHEN they cop the suspensions they will without doubt, play the victim as well; "We can't believe it. It's totally unjust." And certain areas of the media will continue to go along with the "poor Essendon" line. And a lot of the public will continue to believe it.

I keep hearing that all players will be cleared for 'lack of evidence'. If this happens then it is an absolute disgrace. The fact that James Hird is allowed to coach is a blight on our game. He should have been suspended for 10 years from any coaching position.

Not long now, getting nervous, we need destruction, I want to see the lifeless body of the EFC, chopped up into little pieces.

I keep hearing that all players will be cleared for 'lack of evidence'. If this happens then it is an absolute disgrace. The fact that James Hird is allowed to coach is a blight on our game. He should have been suspended for 10 years from any coaching position.

This lack of evidence argument is tripe dished out from the bomber camp imo.

They have to sell hope... in tripe form.

The "parents briefing" last night ....

All through this saga I have been disappointed with the AFLPA.

Can someone tell me why they had a joint briefing with the EFC at the EFC? .... shouldn't they fundamentally be seen to be operating independently of the clubs. Isn't it their ethical responsibility to be seen as independent?

They have been weak as piss throughout this whole thing. They should change their name to the AFL Players Salary Maximisation Association as they don't do anything else.

The "parents briefing" last night ....

All through this saga I have been disappointed with the AFLPA.

Can someone tell me why they had a joint briefing with the EFC at the EFC? .... shouldn't they fundamentally be seen to be operating independently of the clubs. Isn't it their ethical responsibility to be seen as independent?

They have been weak as piss throughout this whole thing. They should change their name to the AFL Players Salary Maximisation Association as they don't do anything else.
Yeah I didn't like the way Paul Marsh spoke either. Especially when he said he is confident on the right result on tuesday being Essendon being cleared.

If they are found guilty of cheating and players are banned then I would consider that the 'right result' for the 17 other clubs the AFLPA are also meant to represent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back