Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worksafe prosecution opens the door for a class action re loss of future earnings/breach of DOC/breach of contract, no?
Yes, this is why Hal Hunter has been pushing for documents, a guilty plea as is being suggested could well and truly open the way for further actions from those who were under their "care" at the timw

Worksafe prosecution opens the door for a class action re loss of future earnings/breach of DOC/breach of contract, no?

Precisely and that's before a player comes down with some sort of long term health issue or something is passed through to off spring.

Apparently Akermanis is to be their development coach...

Enter Aphrodite with the little laughing guys :)

You're welcome esky ........

smiley-laughing025.gif
smiley-laughing025.gif
smiley-laughing025.gif

Awesome news that Aker may get a gig at Essendon. So highly regarded in the industry. In other Bomber appointment news:

Head of Player Welfare - Ben Cousins
Interstate Recruit Housing Manager - Ivan Milat
Player Family Support Manager - Josef Fritzel
Player Nutrition Support Officer - Jeffrey Dahmer
Player Religious Support - John Glennon

Yes, this is why Hal Hunter has been pushing for documents, a guilty plea as is being suggested could well and truly open the way for further actions from those who were under their "care" at the timw
I don't get the Hal Hunter thing. He wasn't part of the *34 and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't been handed a SCN. All of that would seem to indicate that he isn't believed by ASADA to have received any banned substances. Is he playing the angle of health issues based on unknown substances?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get the Hal Hunter thing. He wasn't part of the *34 and, as far as I'm aware, hasn't been handed a SCN. All of that would seem to indicate that he isn't believed by ASADA to have received any banned substances. Is he playing the angle of health issues based on unknown substances?
He may have been part of the program and got injected with something, just not TB4.

Proving someone did someone wrong doesn't automatically entitle you to compensation. You have still have to prove that you have suffered some injury or loss as a result. So unless they actually suffer a loss of income, or can prove they now have a permanent injury, they can't just 'sue' the club. No one has an injury and no one has lost income at this point.

I think the interesting argument may be around loss of endorsement money both now and in the future.

Where did I say they'd win? It does give them the opportunity to begin the class action.

But it doesn't. You need to have a proper basis to start a claim and that includes having and injury or loss that can be compensated. At the moment, all they have is evidence that the club did something wrong. The Court will say say "yeah....so what?".

Not sure what to say except I have been exactly this kind of stuff for a long time at a major national firm. Proving that you have suffered an injury as a result of the negligence is one of the most basic tenets of Tort law.

If someone realises that they have suffered an injury as a result of this in the future, sure, sue them (unless it's over 12 years since the injection, which is a whole other story). The same goes for if they do actually suffer lost wages.

Not sure what to say except I have been exactly this kind of stuff for a long time at a major national firm. Proving that you have suffered an injury as a result of the negligence is one of the most basic tenets of Tort law.

If someone realises that they have suffered an injury as a result of this in the future, sure, sue them (unless it's over 12 years since the injection, which is a whole other story). The same goes for if they do actually suffer lost wages.

Not questioning you either but where is the grounds for this Hal Hunter stuff?

That's true. Lawyers love to give the impression that we know everything about all areas of law...I think the reality tends to be that we know a lot about one discreet area. Plus, I suppose it's accurate to say that this finding will give them very strong grounds to bring a case if and when they have an injury.

Last edited:
Not questioning you either but where is the grounds for this Hal Hunter stuff?

What Hunter is doing is seeking documents that will help him work out whether he actually has a case. Ordinarily, you can't just go around demanding documents from people unless you actually have legal proceedings on foot. However, the COurt can order that an organisation hand them over if they are crucial to working out whether there is actually a case to answer (or, more commonly, to work out the identity of a defendant). This doesn't apply to your own medical records but I think I read the Bombers have already handed them over.

My personal view is that they are just using this as a way to find out what he was given, which I can completely understand. I suppose that if they can find out what they were given, they can work out whether there is a likelihood of complications later, which may be compensable in some circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back