Delisted #39: Pat Voss - Stiff Armed by Essendon on Oct 25. Refer to #556

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprising. One trick pony that got found out at the lower level, hard to see how he'd convert it at AFL level.

This is disappointing. Only at Essendon can you win a VFL best and fairest as a 19/20 year old then get delisted.

Jaiden Hunter better come good now (assuming we retain him now).
Geelong cut the Liston Medalist of that year at 20 years old in Jordan Schroder. So not really.

I can only assume Brad Scott has a crystal ball and can see who is and is not going to make it at AFL level and is cutting players accordingly. Munkara and Voss decisions otherwise seem very odd. We didn't make these sorts of early delistings before Scott turned up, did we? We usually hang onto players for five years.

This is disappointing. Only at Essendon can you win a VFL best and fairest as a 19/20 year old then get delisted.

Jaiden Hunter better come good now (assuming we retain him now).
To be fair it wasn’t like it was a huge field to compete with, he mainly won it because he played all game and the side is s**t. You had lord coming top 7 and he is barely vfl standard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only assume Brad Scott has a crystal ball and can see who is and is not going to make it at AFL level and is cutting players accordingly. Munkara and Voss decisions otherwise seem very odd. We didn't make these sorts of early delistings before Scott turned up, did we? We usually hang onto players for five years.

List spots are tight and they've cut guys that are all a pretty long way off AFL level and/or clearly behind too many others in the same position.

Imagine rushing to a fringe players thread who's been delisted to pat yourself on the back for commenting that a fringe player has flaws that will likely see them delisted.

SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM

Especially when your principal comment was 'too scrawny'.

Look at him and look at the rest of the stick insects still on the list. His neck is thicker than their torso's.

Big, big brain stuff.

I don't have any major issues with the early call on Munkara, it's disappointing but he couldn't have shown much less at VFL level. Not the case with Voss and to a lesser degree Montgomery though.

we kept Clarke for way too long and at the time I was happy for them to do it because we all have our favourite project players. In hindsight we shouldve cut him alot earlier so I think this call whilst harsh is a step in right direction.

Imagine rushing to a fringe players thread who's been delisted to pat yourself on the back for commenting that a fringe player has flaws that will likely see them delisted.

SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM
its comments like this that aren't needed mate. Making the Essendon board unbearable lately

(don't big note yourself and say 'don't read it", do better)

we kept Clarke for way too long and at the time I was happy for them to do it because we all have our favourite project players. In hindsight we shouldve cut him alot earlier so I think this call whilst harsh is a step in right direction.
I am a little on the fence about the Voss call. On one hand it's hard because he showed signs early in the year but then something just did not click and its almost like he plateaued and went through the motions for the second half of the year.

I will agree that he showed enough to at least warrant an opportunity but in the end, list spots are tight and whilst it's rough, it is a step in the right direction because change feels different but this is in a good way.

its comments like this that aren't needed mate. Making the Essendon board unbearable lately

(don't big note yourself and say 'don't read it", do better)
Quoted the wrong person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back