Past #43: Sam Gibson - #63 '12 RD - 130 consec. NM games (club record) - NM --> ADL for pk91 '17 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Played his best game for the club tonight. He was instrumental with his running, accumulating, defensive pressure, contenstent ball and just all the little things. His kicking was really good and he didn't waste much of the ball. A running machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully tonights game softens the Gibson doubters. Since I've joined BF I've been absolutely astounded at the amount of vitriol towards him from North supporters. I mean sure he can butcher it at times but tonight shows just how much he offers.

Hopefully tonights game softens the Gibson doubters. Since I've joined BF I've been absolutely astounded at the amount of vitriol towards him from North supporters. I mean sure he can butcher it at times but tonight shows just how much he offers.
I can live with the odd banter about his disposal but early comparisons with Liam Anthony used to make me vomit.
you definately cant say Gibson lacks courage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he could kick as well as he runs, he would be a mega, mega star! Well done Gibbo you have made your name on the big stage!

How about getting the ball in the defensive goal square, 25 seconds later, gets a kick on the wing, it rebounds and he lays a bone crunching tackle in the space of 40-50 seconds, how do you do that? I believe that was in the third.

Need to rewatch the game to see if he started at any centre bounces. Was it an intentional tactic to use him on ball to freshen up our other inside mids or was he just clearing the ball at will because he was playing like a man possessed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back