Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

26 touches (17 contested), 2 goals, 4 goal assists, 6 tackles and went at 92% efficiency

10 score involvements

elite in all categories on the afl site

IMG_9757.png

He already had less midfield time with Adams back

Game changed when he went into the mids

Someone has to make way for him to be a 80% mid and 20% forward

I have a crazy idea- Papley play forward full time ?

I meant now because he was down on midfield time with Adams coming in.

Papley moving to a full time forward doesnt fix the problem because he only goes centre bounces anyway

Yeah im saying do none of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quite frankly it would not surprise me if Heeney had 12 Brownlow votes already. If he keeps this up he will pretty much have the Brownlow sown up by the mid point of the year.
I have him on 13, 1 for the Richmond match, hope he snagged 2 but I think 1.

The other guy right up there is Serong. Imagine if he played for us……😜

Yes. That & finally being played where he was a junior champion. He's a natural mid. Roos said so early in the piece. Pity he got niggling injuries and had a series of interrupted preseason otherwise I think he may have played mids earlier.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
In 2014 he was the U18 AA ruck rover (him and Petracca were the 2 gun mids of the tournament). Understand he didn’t get a run in the mids in his 1st season (2015) as we had a very strong midfield. But in his 2nd season (2016) he played as a midfielder in the finals and came 3rd in the Gary Ayres medal. So IMHO he couldve/should’ve been playing in the mids since 2017 … it’s a credit to him that he’s done so well playing ‘out of position’ as a forward all these years, including of course AA in 2022.

Attachments

• IMG_8019.jpeg
    IMG_8019.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
In 2014 he was the U18 AA ruck rover (him and Petracca were the 2 gun mids of the tournament). Understand he didn’t get a run in the mids in his 1st season (2015) as we had a very strong midfield. But in his 2nd season (2016) he played as a midfielder in the finals and came 3rd in the Gary Ayres medal. So IMHO he couldve/should’ve been playing in the mids since 2017 … it’s a credit to him that he’s done so well playing ‘out of position’ as a forward all these years, including of course AA in 2022.
Good get and we don't have tournaments in aussie rules . The fact is that the body hasn't been right at times , but move to another level is an absolute credit to himself and probably to our fitness staff

Good get and we don't have tournaments in aussie rules . The fact is that the body hasn't been right at times , but move to another level is an absolute credit to himself and probably to our fitness staff

i'm starting to think you actually like being you ...

Reid possibly a bit stiff not to pick up a point but apart from a few flashy broken tackles, he was badly exposed a couple of times through the middle where Gulden and Heeney just left him in their wake

Heens left foot has helped him go to another level

That last goal where he was being chased in the 50 and just dabbed it with his left was class. Just strolled in and made it look effortless - crazy to think how many other guys would’ve had to work hard to get around to snap on their right and potentially get caught

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back