Jimmy Toumpas - traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

People calling the Toumpas haters dumb, these are the same people who choose to believe he is going to be good because of the number he was taken in the draft.

Open your eyes and watch some games instead of having blind faith. He's a dead set stinking dud.

Jesus ******* christ.

At least Henry would quote then replay in the box after it, usually within 2 minutes.

Its been 14 minutes now, are you trying to think of something to say or quoting it for truth?

Dumb ****s in here. I prefer DL, even Picket makes more sense than some of these Canon dicks.

How's that girls.
So I've had your other account nuked by admin and I'm going to give you one verbal warning only about the abuse.

All opinions are welcomed to be expressed here and this thread is a good example of posters disagreeing on issues but we draw a line with calling other posters "dumb ****s".

Toumpas is meant to be a nice bloke, hard worker, big fan of the club: can't we just admit that TODD VINEY stuffed up by selecting him at four, rather than blaming Toumpas for having the audacity to be drafted early when he had no say in the matter?
I heard that Todd Viney and Neeld almost came to blows over the selection, because Viney was adamant that Wines should be selected. Could have been a bigfooty rumour though.

I've always hated Toumpas, but he's showed glimpses this year. Would love to see him get a consistent run at it.

I heard that Todd Viney and Neeld almost came to blows over the selection, because Viney was adamant that Wines should be selected. Could have been a bigfooty rumour though.

I've always hated Toumpas, but he's showed glimpses this year. Would love to see him get a consistent run at it.
Other way around.

I don't know how anyone can say they "hate" a sportsperson they know nothing about personally. That'd be like me going to a local game and "hating" number 24 despite not knowing who he is.

This thread has gone round in circles for the last 4 pages. Can someone please bring something new to the argument

The only person who could bring something new to the argument would be Dmitri.

Other way around.
Got a link? I remember Neeld saying after he was sacked that he picked Toumpas because he was building for the future.

I don't know how anyone can say they "hate" a sportsperson they know nothing about personally.
Easy, I hate everyone.

Last edited:
I've felt pretty ambivalent towards Toumpas tbh. I thought early signs in the pre-season games this year were promising with a simplified defensive role and that he was prepared to get in the thick of it rather than play loose.

It hasn't materialised to anything tangible though and at this point in time I'm still not sure what his optimal role is.

As has been said by others, the club doesn't seem to be falling over itself to re-sign him which, given the limited senior games he's played lately to prove himself, is not the greatest sign. (Regardless of whether it is form or injury).

The club may end up re-signing him but I get the feeling they are waiting for cards to fall first leading up to trade week rather than it simply being a fate accompli.

I've felt pretty ambivalent towards Toumpas tbh. I thought early signs in the pre-season games this year were promising with a simplified defensive role and that he was prepared to get in the thick of it rather than play loose.

It hasn't materialised to anything tangible though and at this point in time I'm still not sure what his optimal role is.

As has been said by others, the club doesn't seem to be falling over itself to re-sign him which, given the limited senior games he's played lately to prove himself, is not the greatest sign. (Regardless of whether it is form or injury).

The club may end up re-signing him but I get the feeling they are waiting for cards to fall first leading up to trade week rather than it simply being a fate accompli.
And you would know this how? Typical of this site, let's assume we know al the behind the scenes goings on and write it as the truth. As a moderator, you should be above this vile rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure do!

As you must have a very low functioning brain given it's taken you about a day to figure out how to post.

C'mon Man, it only took me 9 posts. When I get to 20 202, I'll know it all!

Do you wipe the keyboard clean every night before you go to bed?

And you would know this how? Typical of this site, let's assume we know al the behind the scenes goings on and write it as the truth. As a moderator, you should be above this vile rubbish.

That's enough - if you like Demonland so much feel free to head back over there.

We'd rather you didn't bring that attitude here.

C'mon Man, it only took me 9 posts. When I get to 20 202, I'll know it all!

Do you wipe the keyboard clean every night before you go to bed?
I think you should go to bed. :)

Wait did the Toumpas supporter turn on his own kind and just have a Britney Spears style meltdown?

Also I take back my opinion, apparently every single player will make it at AFL level because they were drafted
I remember when Matt Jones was pretty instrumental in us beating the dogs the first time by shutting down Murphy, good potential that kid
Sam Blease kicked 5 against the saints, he is really adding speed to the dees side

I tell ya some of the blokes on here would break up with their missus if they told them they had the wrong shirt on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back