6 Reasons why not to drink pasteurised milk.

Remove this Banner Ad

so you posted a bad video about dodgy science.
How is it dodgy science to say "hey, be mindful about what you put in your mouth"? Surely you agree that is a good message?

And are you going to take the high moral ground with every other thread on BF now?
If it pleases me.

I know, it is pretty s**t when scientists start studying this stuff and telling people what they've found.

I have "a diet", but I just eat what I want.

Brekky: Up at the crack of 9. Weetbix, milk, lots of brown sugar for that caramel taste. Two, three times a week a cafe breakfast with bacon, eggs, 'mater, sausages, mushrooms. French toast with ice cream and berries. Croissant! Coffee or iced coffee or iced chocolate or a grapefruit soft drink, whatever it takes. I ain't eaten in 5 or 6 hours and I need the fuel. Two or three times a week I'll be hung over as well. Add two Nurofen and a Berocca on those days.

Lunch: Hungry Jacks, Indian, Thai, Japanese (gyozas - love em), steak sandwich, sushi, pasta, burgers, nothing, leftovers, meat pie, pound of butter, whatever is in the fridge. Coke. Milkshake. Coffee. All three. Spot of cake or a citrus tart if I feel I've earned it. Which is most days.

Dinner: Whatever Mrs Chief puts in front of me. Could be pizza, could be steak n chips, could be vegetarian stir-fry, fried rice, full roast dinner... Who knows? It's the exciting gamble of the day, food-wise. Bourbon and coke.

Post-Dinner: Often another bowl of weet bix, chips if I'm watching telly, bourbon and coke, vodka and tonic, gin - depends what duty free I have left. Got to keep my energy up for the 10PM-1AM movies, TV eps and gaming session. There's chocolate in the fridge I might have some of that now and watch Walking Dead ep 14...

Litre or more of milk a day - love the stuff. Who wouldn't? It's a drink AND a meal, provided by our bovine friends for our delectation!

Juice, cordial, whatever is going. Gotta hydrate.

Raw milk? Yeah I'll have that if I'm feeling low on e. coli.

Then brush my teeth with sugar-free toothpaste and off to bed.

interdasting.jpeg

in regards to thread definitely found a significant decrease in gastrointestinal discomfort since cutting out dairy.

couldn't cut the up n go on game day though.

I know, it is pretty s**t when scientists start studying this stuff and telling people what they've found.

I have "a diet", but I just eat what I want.

Brekky: Up at the crack of 9. Weetbix, milk, lots of brown sugar for that caramel taste. Two, three times a week a cafe breakfast with bacon, eggs, 'mater, sausages, mushrooms. French toast with ice cream and berries. Croissant! Coffee or iced coffee or iced chocolate or a grapefruit soft drink, whatever it takes. I ain't eaten in 5 or 6 hours and I need the fuel. Two or three times a week I'll be hung over as well. Add two Nurofen and a Berocca on those days.

Lunch: Hungry Jacks, Indian, Thai, Japanese (gyozas - love em), steak sandwich, sushi, pasta, burgers, nothing, leftovers, meat pie, pound of butter, whatever is in the fridge. Coke. Milkshake. Coffee. All three. Spot of cake or a citrus tart if I feel I've earned it. Which is most days.

Dinner: Whatever Mrs Chief puts in front of me. Could be pizza, could be steak n chips, could be vegetarian stir-fry, fried rice, full roast dinner... Who knows? It's the exciting gamble of the day, food-wise. Bourbon and coke.

Post-Dinner: Often another bowl of weet bix, chips if I'm watching telly, bourbon and coke, vodka and tonic, gin - depends what duty free I have left. Got to keep my energy up for the 10PM-1AM movies, TV eps and gaming session. There's chocolate in the fridge I might have some of that now and watch Walking Dead ep 14...

Litre or more of milk a day - love the stuff. Who wouldn't? It's a drink AND a meal, provided by our bovine friends for our delectation!

Juice, cordial, whatever is going. Gotta hydrate.

Raw milk? Yeah I'll have that if I'm feeling low on e. coli.

Then brush my teeth with sugar-free toothpaste and off to bed.

Future BFL contestant?

She didn't mention much by way of statistical analysis. Eat when you're hungry doesn't quite cut it either IMO.
Her point was to know what hunger is. Know how it feels when you are full. Eat food within those limits. Obsessing about food fads like paleo, Bulletproof, raw milk and rubbish like that is counter-productive.

Last edited:
Her point was to know what hunger is. Know how it feels when you are full. Eat food within those limits. Obsessing about food fads like paleo, Bulletproof, raw milk and rubbish like that is counter-productive.
I wouldn't call the pursuit of knowledge regarding proper diet and nutrition as a means of fighting obesity counter-productive at all. But now we appear to be blurring the lines of what she said and what you're thinking...

Surely you couldn't say that that is as deep as it goes?

You're not interested in how your diet affects cholesterol, heart conditions, etc?

Nah, calories in vs calories out, bro!
In terms of losing weight, yes. I have long said that we don't need to over complicate things, as that is more likely to have a negative effect on somebody trying to lose weight. For example it becomes too hard, they become disillusioned because all diets are too hard etc etc (very simplistic, but you get the point). This is like she explains in the video - they end up putting on even more weight.

Sure, if you're already a healthy and fit individual, then there is no harm in reading further and trying to tweak your diet with these other concepts like Paleo and LCHF. But for somebody who is overweight, how about we just encourage that they put good foods in their mouth and not the junk that comes from McDonalds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of losing weight, yes. I have long said that we don't need to over complicate things, as that is more likely to have a negative effect on somebody trying to lose weight. For example it becomes too hard, they become disillusioned because all diets are too hard etc etc (very simplistic, but you get the point). This is like she explains in the video - they end up putting on even more weight.
Quite correct for the vast majority of people - simply making lifestyle choices will be enough.
Over-complicating dietary advice acts as a real barrier to the people who need advice & encouragement the most.

Sure, if you're already a healthy and fit individual, then there is no harm in reading further and trying to tweak your diet with these other concepts like Paleo and LCHF. But for somebody who is overweight, how about we just encourage that they put good foods in their mouth and not the junk that comes from McDonalds?
This is the rub - many here enjoy working out and eating healthy, but that's clearly in the minority and I'm not sure some understand that.
For most people, such strict restrictions on what they eat is highly likely to end in failure which is how the whole yo-yo diet/marketing fad/ready meal/meal replacement shake industry manages to stay afloat; the illusion of eating well "being difficult".

Rubbish like what? So tell my in your experiences why they are all rubbish. And its interesting you said you seen this thread title and had to respond, yet you have just mentioned three in this pathetic rant.

Your doing nothing but provoking response and their is another word for that. I would have expected better from you considering BFs rich history in banning posters for it.

Quite correct for the vast majority of people - simply making lifestyle choices will be enough.
Over-complicating dietary advice acts as a real barrier to the people who need advice & encouragement the most.

This is the rub - many here enjoy working out and eating healthy, but that's clearly in the minority and I'm not sure some understand that.
For most people, such strict restrictions on what they eat is highly likely to end in failure which is how the whole yo-yo diet/marketing fad/ready meal/meal replacement shake industry manages to stay afloat; the illusion of eating well "being difficult".
You have one industry basically inventing widespread obesity and another inventing new and fantastical ways of getting healthy.

Then you have the people at the end of the curve looking for new ways to go that extra mile when almost all of it consists of expensive ways to flavour your urine.

You have one industry basically inventing widespread obesity and another inventing new and fantastical ways of getting healthy.

Then you have the people at the end of the curve looking for new ways to go that extra mile when almost all of it consists of expensive ways to flavour your urine.

Can you enlighten us on this so called inventing?

I did not mean inventing in the way they invented the PowerBalance band and Jesus.
What does that mean? Im not sure of your intentions in this thread as you seem to be hell bent on stirring up emotions.

Nothing from you so far has made sense or contributed to the topic, bringing up paleo and Bulletproof in a patronising way is proof of that as this is a milk thread.

If you weren't the chief im sure Jab would have PMed you to ease up a little and probably given you a warning.

Chief and I have a different view on football clubs, eating habits, and many other things, but his thoughts are genuine. We have talked about this topic for
YEARS! While we see a few things differently, he still loves me, just like Jesus does.

I'm glad that people know that I try to do most of my moderating behind the scene, though.

Chief and I have a different view on football clubs, eating habits, and many other things, but his thoughts are genuine. We have talked about this topic for
YEARS! While we see a few things differently, he still loves me, just like Jesus does.

I'm glad that people know that I try to do most of my moderating behind the scene, though.
Better lift your game then;)

What does that mean?
That I used the term "invented" in a less than literal sense.

Im not sure of your intentions in this thread as you seem to be hell bent on stirring up emotions.
Sorry but when I see people promoting unhealthy practices as healthy, I cannot help but make my views known. As a democratic web site, all views should be valued. It seems that some people do not want to hear the facts and figures that show their pet theories to be a nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back