Past #6: Shannon Grant - Sydney '95-'97 - traded to NM for W. Schwass - 243 games for NM (301 overall)

Was shagga unlucky to miss out on AAS.

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Brilliant footballer. As I have probably mentioned a hudred zillion times, I played a lot of juniours and school footy with Shagga and his skills were just amazing. Just a pure footballer.

Honestly, this is the least pointless thread I've ever read on here. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike most of the other names currently on the North board, this bloke was a champ :thumbsu:

I met Shagga & Bell in Sydney in 2000 while on work experience (working with our then Sydney membership office). Top blokes :thumbsu:

Aye. As a kid Shagga was my favourite player, and everytime I met him, he and Peter Bell were hanging out.

Still good friends to this day, as I understand it.

Matt Damon

20070807mattDamon.jpg

Does all of this have something to do with the whole 'draft blokes with two first names' policy some of you have been lobbying for/against? :confused:

A true champion of the club. Won us quite a few games with the brilliance off his boot.
Sadly treated to a woeful farewell game against PA.
The way he played, I reckon he's got a brain.
i would have thought so to. i looked him up on wikipedia doesnt look to good

Frankston has appointed former North Melbourne forward Shannon Grant as its coach for 2009.Grant replaces former Melbourne defender Brett Lovett, who spent six years as coach of the Dolphins. Grant, 31, has signed as non-playing coach for two seasons after retiring from the AFL in 2008 with 301 games to his credit.
Frankston operations manager Bryan Mace said Grant would be a handy addition to the club.
“We’re very pleased to think that a fellow with such experience at AFL level has seen fit to start his coaching career at Frankston Football Club,” Mace said.
They have won three games this year, and have finished 12th on the ladder out of 13 teams. This is a heavy fallout from the 2008 season in which they finished 7th with 10 wins and 10 losses.

Num, that was superb.:thumbsu:

Back